(Macro grow)First time veg under LED / Coir HELP!

• Thread starter Kgunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Hello, I have a room with 22 gavita LEDs with plants in 2 gal coco / perlite containers. They are about 2 weeks out of the cloner now.
•room temps : 82f , leaf temp 79f, rH 70-60%, no c02 at this point as we are repairing our NG burner.
•lights are at 60% giving off an average of 200-350 PPFD, lights are 5 feet away from the plants.
•They are also on 18:6 schedule being fed Mills nutrients at about 0.8 EC (770ppm 7)
Im not sure what is happening to be honest I feel super stuck… I have been feeding them 500ml every 2-3 days
Are you using ro water?

Anthem

Anthem

Would you feed even if it’s as saturated as in this photo? The wet pot was fed 2 days ago. I have been feeding daily one half and the other half I haven’t just to be safe.
Kgunge the way Aquaman is suggesting to water the plants is completely different from what you are use to doing. The term is called ferigation and it is basically just another way of doing rockwool cubes with drain to waste or recycling nutrients. The idea is that you water the plants often at much lower EC. Aquaman did a grow in like 1 gallon smart pots and was watering about 10 times a day and with the ferigation technique you want to get run off with every watering. The idea being you are replacing the nutrients in the coco with fresh nutrients every time you water the plant. It works well, but like mentioned it is really just another way of running the plant that is basically rockwool cubes with drain to waste or your can recycle the nutrients.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kgunge the way Aquaman is suggesting to water the plants is completely different from what you are use to doing. The term is called ferigation and it is basically just another way of doing rockwool cubes with drain to waste or recycling nutrients. The idea is that you water the plants often at much lower EC. Aquaman did a grow in like 1 gallon smart pots and was watering about 10 times a day and with the ferigation technique you want to get run off with every watering. The idea being you are replacing the nutrients in the coco with fresh nutrients every time you water the plant. It works well, but like mentioned it is really just another way of running the plant that is basically rockwool cubes with drain to waste or your can recycle the nutrients.
This ^^^

Kgunge

Kgunge

This ^^^

Here’s an update. I got my c02 fixed and followed what you said to the T. Only thing is I fed some daily and some i gave a small dry back.
Here are the specs as of now
-3 weeks out of Ez cloner-
Ambient room : 82
LST: 79
Rh: day 62 / night 58
C02 : 700 ppm
Feeding at 0.8 EC / 580 PPM7
Mills nutrient line with a super thrive additive

Should I bump up the temperature now that I got the c02 working ? Would you recommend anything else from here on? Thanks everyone for your help

Kgunge

Kgunge

I tried tagging you in my most recent response. Let me know what you think and thank for your help and earlier response !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lights still to close... yeah I'd say with co2 shoot for about 82f 50-55% humidity 800ppm with frequent feeding and run off as per the coco thread.

Kgunge

Kgunge

Lights still to close... yeah I'd say with co2 shoot for about 82f 50-55% humidity 800ppm with frequent feeding and run off as per the coco thread.

I’m getting 300 PPFD right now , the LEDs are like 4-5 feet away from tops

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Could be nutrient related... but they can't handle that amount under the conditions. It's necessarily to much light but something causing the plant not to be able to handle it.

Kgunge

Kgunge

Could be nutrient related... but they can't handle that amount under the conditions. It's necessarily to much light but something causing the plant not to be able to handle it.

Here’s an update for you. I’ve since transplanted from 2 gallon container to 10 gallon, lights went from being 24 hrs to 18/6, feeding daily no matter what with some runoff. I will also go back to one of our first convocations and install 1 auto feed drip system on a plant to test out your frequency feeding as I only feed once a day. Thanks for all your help I’ll keep updating as the grow matures ❤️
I’m trying to be more active on Instagram as well if anyone would like to follow the full grow

EDC15343 3E90 4E0A BD4C F09DAAD15FD7
4F188662 4411 41AB BC9E 0B97379699B1
AFBAD35F 6D9E 4BC5 BAFD C55FDF4FEFE5
FE2151BB F8B0 4CBF A5E5 6EEBE1712D08
Kgunge

Kgunge

I can’t stress the difference in the rootage from our previous transplants enough … this frequently feeding until runoff even at an early stage of veg really gave us insane roots. I really think it has something to do with either your method working or something with the lights too the only difference this run has been a) more frequent feeding b) under LEDs instead did blue MTH @Aqua Man

Kgunge

Kgunge

Also forgot to tag @Anthem as you’ve commented on previous posts and have been of great help as well

Top Bottom