Madmax's first grow in coco coir

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys welcome to my room and first rodeo 🤠 .not quite ready to start but not far away and thought it was time get the grow diary going and get it up to speed before i start..my rooms are rather smallish but if i want to make it a little bigger all i have to do is slide out the wall and have an instant 5x8 room . veg room is 870mm x1500mm and flower room is 1500x1500 with 2.140 ceiling..shes all insulated and have used 16mm laminated chipboard..cost a little to make but well worth it me thinks..now lights im using is sunstorm 315 cmh and a gavita 6/750 for flower..using cyco lite 30% perlite and will grow 8 plants feminised and will start them off in small pots then 200mm pots what you see in room. then when they go into flower they will go into 5 gal 600gsm fabric pots..nutes are canna classic vega and flores with gh calimagic.i will most likely get a few additives later .got the truncheon and ph soil pen.humidifier .inkbird.6' 330cfm hyper extraction fan and fan speed controller in the baby room with passive intake running through flower room and another hyperfan 710cfm i think it is with 750cfm carbon filter should b plenty to exhaust the room..soo much to say but that will do it for now..its getting close and im getting excited lol..

Cheers max

Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys ..when i was putting up the 3 way duct in flower room when i turned the fan on it blew the air into the veg room so i had to put a divider in so it wouldnt do it .. came up a treat..just used a piece of corrugated iron hammered it out abit then used jb weld to glue it in there..works great..saved me putting another hole in ceiling and running both rooms singular
20200730_144823.jpg
20200730_144930.jpg

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi guys welcome to my room and first rodeo 🤠 .not quite ready to start but not far away and thought it was time get the grow diary going and get it up to speed before i start..my rooms are rather smallish but if i want to make it a little bigger all i have to do is slide out the wall and have an instant 5x8 room . veg room is 870mm x1500mm and flower room is 1500x1500 with 2.140 ceiling..shes all insulated and have used 16mm laminated chipboard..cost a little to make but well worth it me thinks..now lights im using is sunstorm 315 cmh and a gavita 6/750 for flower..using cyco lite 30% perlite and will grow 8 plants feminised and will start them off in small pots then 200mm pots what you see in room. then when they go into flower they will go into 5 gal 600gsm fabric pots..nutes are canna classic vega and flores with gh calimagic.i will most likely get a few additives later .got the truncheon and ph soil pen.humidifier .inkbird.6' 330cfm hyper extraction fan and fan speed controller in the baby room with passive intake running through flower room and another hyperfan 710cfm i think it is with 750cfm carbon filter should b plenty to exhaust the room..soo much to say but that will do it for now..its getting close and im getting excited lol..

Cheers max
Looking good max keep up the good work . Od .

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks OD...went for a cruise today trying to find an mini usb oscilating fan ..i tried near everywhere and couldnt find one..i do have one but doesnt oscilate .bought it just to experiment if they would work and they are brilliant..only 3 watts too.i do have a growlush clip one but it works too well id have to place it above them like 1.8m blowing downwards.ideally i wanted to place it just above them blowing horizontally ..only choice is to get one off ebay or buy another fixed one and weld them together side by side..got another small problem the 1.2 tube heater will get too close to the leaves if i put it down low on side wall .i might use it in flower as theres abit more room ..i wouldnt mind one of those finned 500w oil heaters..can they b turned down say to half that wattage to b even more efficient as that 200 watt tube works perfect in that room take awhile to get to 27 deg.those 2000w heaters are such a waste

Madmax

Madmax

Amazing how a couple caps settles the nerves.all of a sudden the inner me's saying .."just relax max and put the bloody thing on the wall".move it up if you have to.."BAM"shes on..😂
20200815_225030.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Im not sure actually how long i could veg that many.maybe 4-5 weeks.im using 8 in flower room.i guess ill just see how they go before moving nxt door.im thinking around 30cm height and only want them no more than 90cm at end of flowering.i think that will leave me around 60cm to the gavita..

Madmax

Madmax

Put a couple fans in .i will put another shelf above those as they get taller..finally worked out how the fans should be lol..i layed on the floor pretending i was a plant and put the fan on a few pots to get the right height then made the shelf.another job out of the way 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Well seeds havnt rocked up yet so im going to do a dummy run with some seeds i had from a prevoius grow and and 3 freebies from msnl i got 2018 season..threw about 20 in one contaier a 3 in other.put them on the trusty heater and all cracked bar one in under 12hrs.so off i went to get some jiffys..never used these before but seem alot of you guys are using them i thought why not..got 12 pellets with the tray and bought a 36 pk of fothergills.ive notice the ones in tray the wrapping is different to the others which is mesh..pretty hard to rip to so i guess when they go into a bigger pot i will take that off...the mesh on others rips easily so i put the freebies 2 in those and will use the old seeds in another 6..i will kill those 6 later but will keep the freebie ones..

Milson

Milson

Supporter
Hey hey hey let get the show on the road got my look balls in and a watching ... 👁👁
Well seeds havnt rocked up yet so im going to do a dummy run with some seeds i had from a prevoius grow and and 3 freebies from msnl i got 2018 season..threw about 20 in one contaier a 3 in other.put them on the trusty heater and all cracked bar one in under 12hrs.so off i went to get some jiffys..never used these before but seem alot of you guys are using them i thought why not..got 12 pellets with the tray and bought a 36 pk of fothergills.ive notice the ones in tray the wrapping is different to the others which is mesh..pretty hard to rip to so i guess when they go into a bigger pot i will take that off...the mesh on others rips easily so i put the freebies 2 in those and will use the old seeds in another 6..i will kill those 6 later but will keep the freebie ones..
Looks good! The roots will likely be able to push through the mesh ez if they are healthy. Make sure to water from the bottom and use capillary action and they will pop inside a week from their heads coming up. Talking like a shot glass of water per pellet if the bottom/sides feel dry.

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks Milson thats good to know..im going to put them under 4 2ft 24 watt t5s .i dont know how close to put them and if the intensity of light is too much .i can take one or 2 off if thats the case.after just say 2 weeks i want to put under my sunstorm horizontal fixture 315 cmh..basically these plants will be used to workout what height i need and find the G spot.i cant have stretchy plants hence why i have indica purple punch fems im going to run.i cant go over 120cm max as will b running a 6/750 gavita in flower room..

Milson

Milson

Supporter
Thanks Milson thats good to know..im going to put them under 4 2ft 24 watt t5s .i dont know how close to put them and if the intensity of light is too much .i can take one or 2 off if thats the case.after just say 2 weeks i want to put under my sunstorm horizontal fixture 315 cmh..basically these plants will be used to workout what height i need and find the G spot.i cant have stretchy plants hence why i have indica purple punch fems im going to run.i cant go over 120cm max as will b running a 6/750 gavita in flower room..
You want 8-10kish lux for seedlings I think. Don't worry too much about height. With an indica growth pattern and some training I think you will be fine.

Milson

Milson

Supporter
Looks good! The roots will likely be able to push through the mesh ez if they are healthy. Make sure to water from the bottom and use capillary action and they will pop inside a week from their heads coming up. Talking like a shot glass of water per pellet if the bottom/sides feel dry.
3 days. Love these things.
IMG_20200828_185125672_HDR.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Nothin to see yet..hmmm.i might of cooked them on the heater and it half buggered them ...normally up by now.usually i put in a glass but couldnt find the little one to put on the heater shelf..i put 4 more in ..they should come up..threw them under the light..will see what happens..
20200901_182715.jpg

Top Bottom