Madmax's first grow in coco coir

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

Hi guys ..when i was putting up the 3 way duct in flower room when i turned the fan on it blew the air into the veg room so i had to put a divider in so it wouldnt do it .. came up a treat..just used a piece of corrugated iron hammered it out abit then used jb weld to glue it in there..works great..saved me putting another hole in ceiling and running both rooms singular View attachment 1016571 View attachment 1016573
This is reminding me of Dr. Evil's lair so far

Madmax

Madmax

If you need seed toss a rock on my roof ,happy to help a bro out . Od
😂😂..Cheers OD. id rather use these bagseeds bro i have than use your good seeds..just had a look at some in the jiffs.just put them out of there misery lol.😂😂😂.
Not going to make it..i knew the other day it got a little too warm in plastic container..i got some sherbet,critical 2.0 qik critical in those satchets..all plants i grew couple yrs back were fems but obviously wernt stable got 1 or 2 nanners on all but only got a 6 or so off ea plant..the blue cheese had nans but didnt even get a seed lol.so i might have some crosses..will use these latter when i get a grip growing indoors...
20200901_232147.jpg

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
😂😂..Cheers OD. id rather use these bagseeds bro i have than use your good seeds..just had a look at some in the jiffs.just put them out of there misery lol.😂😂😂.
Not going to make it..i knew the other day it got a little too warm in plastic container..i got some sherbet,critical 2.0 qik critical in those satchets..all plants i grew couple yrs back were fems but obviously wernt stable got 1 or 2 nanners on all but only got a 6 or so off ea plant..the blue cheese had nans but didnt even get a seed lol.so i might have some crosses..will use these latter when i get a grip growing indoors...
View attachment 1024200
All good brother .

Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys..set up the humidifier last night and is working great but i dont know wheres the best spot to put the sensor .i put it to the right at same height the seedlings would b..im getting different readings in humidity..you can see in pic where i have hygrometer thats reading 34% whereas the inkbirds 51% i have another hygrometer hanging off the cmh above and thats on 53% ...question ....is it because the hygrometer is directly under the light the reason its reading less...both hygrometers read same there.....havnt tried the inkbird there but i dont think it should b positioned directly under light......last pic other hygrometer 80 odd cms above t5 light..pics
20200902_200700.jpg
20200902_200757.jpg
20200902_200719.jpg

20200902_200826.jpg

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Been sitting chillin in the room seeing how the enviroment works the last couple hrs..a little bit uncomfortable lol crouching and standing from time to time..i noticed the temps between the 2 hygrometer is .2 deg over 2hrs and watching the inkbird fluctuate between 51% to 61% with no fan going..i raised the light by an inch and turned fans on and the humidity under light went from 34% to 41% and staying there and the humidity stopped fluctuating and now stays pretty much on 56% on the inkbird .ive changed the setting to 60% with hd setting on 5% variation..
Its pretty cool setting up a room.i think im gonna like this..nxt step is working out when the extraction should b coming on...

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

"All
Hahaha..my first ever indoor seedling ..yaay...bastards stretching lol..light was 9" away so moved it to 5 ..the damn things still grown upwards a little more...im officially a pro now lmao....somebody stop meeeee..😂😂😂...
View attachment 1026127
SO SO FAR WHICH method is easier, soil or coir in terms of seedling growth based on your soiled background? What other evil tricks are coming?

Madmax

Madmax

I killed the others and the rest wernt gonna make it but should have more up in a couple days.

I remembered what those seeds were and came from a plant that seeded qtr of the plant so got rid of them...buggered if i know why i kept them...

Madmax

Madmax

Its day 8 i think 😃 and decided to give the eldest one its first feed of canna classic vega mixed 10ml into 2.5 litres ppm was 1200 lol so i diluted it down till it read between 3-400ppm on the truncheon and phd to 6.2 using rainwater ..ended up with 7.5 litres lol ..that was fun.so now i got to get some 1ml sryinges so i can measure smaller amounts and not wasting the nutes.3 more seedlings came up on the 7th which are bagseed and have grown it 4yr ago.have 6-7 homegrown quick critical on the way up im not sure what its crossed over either blue cheese or sunset sherbet or even its self got like 18 seeds off the plant so hopefully they arnt hermies.never found any nanners but..oh and a critical 2.0 which could b over blue cheese and sunset again..so be interesting what they come out like..no pics just updating so yous know whats happening..

Madmax

Madmax

Had a check on the girls soon as light came on ..first time ive seen the seedlings leaves nice and flat.they have been a little droopy..i up potted raised the humidity and its first feed...one of the 3 has worked or maybe its a combination of all 3..shit pics camera lense is scratched to fuck..a quick critacal is born
20200910_193701.jpg
20200910_193648.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Dont you love getting the looks when you venture into a chemist (drugstore) to purchase some 5ml sryinges.'oh look dear" "theres a druggie going to get his fix for the day" 😂😂😂 crazy old bat.looked like she was getting her nappy supply..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Dont you love getting the looks when you venture into a chemist (drugstore) to purchase some 5ml sryinges.'oh look dear" "theres a druggie going to get his fix for the day" 😂😂😂 crazy old bat.looked like she was getting her nappy supply..
You can get them from the hydro shop green acres see Burnie or Steve .

Madmax

Madmax

My first born and group pic.first borns aurora indica freebie.little ones left to right first 3 are bagseed and far right is qick critacal which has had the best sart of all..above on cmh light which im finding is a fantastic place to bring up the youngins..all qick critacal sown on the 9th to 11th.and 2 critacal 2.0 ..ones a fem that i just sown at 6oclock..i gather they will all b up in a couple.some are just showing right now..ive reverted back to putting shoot upwards in soil how i was taught many many yrs ago..pics
20200912_183433.jpg
20200912_183602.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Im noticing i cant feed the eldest till the coir dries more.will b 3days tomorrow or is it 4 🤔 ha..got to fix it up better for the plants under light so i can fit them all under the t5s then after 8-9 days i will strike up the 315.im keeping the room pretty consistent in temps and humidity...20de cel overnite and 24.5 through the day..humidity 50-62%..cant wait to get them all on the same page so i can feed them all together..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Learning how a new grow space runs definitely has it ups n downs I’m about to change my tent size have ordered my monkey grip fans and ink bird temp controls as well . You doing a good job Cobba .

Madmax

Madmax

Was a pita at first..didnt know what the heck i was doing..its quite overwhelming at the start.i havnt had the extraction fan on much .just plugging it in every now and then for 1 minute.the cmh light gonna b different.i will b plugging the little reptile light into the inkbird temp and cool and setting the temp for day time ..i can leave it on overnite .once it gets warmer i will change out the 50watt to a 25 watt..i will have to sit in there to workout how often the extraction fan comes on .will put that on a timer i reckon and have it coming on say once every half hr when lights are off.or plug it into the inkbird cool socket but it wont come on when lights are off.its the hardest thing ive got to work out.ive been thinking more on this than what i have to do with growing the plants lol..

Last edited:
Top Bottom