Madmax's first grow in coco coir

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Was a pita at first..didnt know what the heck i was doing..its quite overwhelming at the start.i havnt had the extraction fan on much .just plugging it in every now and then for 1 minute.the cmh light gonna b different.i will b plugging the little reptile light into the inkbird temp and cool and setting the temp for day time ..i can leave it on overnite .once it gets warmer i will change out the 50watt to a 25 watt..i will have to sit in there to workout how often the extraction fan comes on .will put that on a timer i reckon and have it coming on say once every half hr when lights are off.or plug it into the inkbird cool socket but it wont come on when lights are off.its the hardest thing ive got to work out.ive been thinking more on this than what i have to do with growing the plants lol..
Yeah I totally underestimated how much DIY would be involved to get my grow tent environment dialed in. Kind of no way to do it other than just chug through though.

Madmax

Madmax

And then there was 10...first pic last nite 2am in the morning and at lights on at 6pm there was 5 more.one at the front you cant see.it should b completey up by tomorra..only 3 more needed now and that will do..hoping i get 7 fems out of 13...watered the first born 120ml of water got my first runoff..nutes again at 300-400 ppm and phd to 5.9 this time..
20200913_000448.jpg
20200913_193118.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

How low can i go with the ph'ing OD .was going to go 5.7 nxt one then say go 6.1 ,5.8 etc should i b going down to 5.5 ..ive noticed with seedlings they love it around 6.3 in soil outside.should i b sticking to around 6.0..

Cheers max

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
L
How low can i go with the ph'ing OD .was going to go 5.7 nxt one then say go 6.1 ,5.8 etc should i b going down to 5.5 ..ive noticed with seedlings they love it around 6.3 in soil outside.should i b sticking to around 6.0..

Cheers max
what medium are you growing in ?

Madmax

Madmax

You have changed since 4 yrs ago bro..what made you change from 60-6.3..did you change your nutes regime and noticed the new nutes prefer lower ph?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You have changed since 4 yrs ago bro..what made you change from 60-6.3..did you change your nutes regime and noticed the new nutes prefer lower ph?
I was using urine milk and worm tea at that time now I’m using Reiziger n cyco nutes I remember reading on here somewhere that 5.2 to 5.8 In the first 2/3 growing then slightly raise it as the end comes near it’s been working for me .

Madmax

Madmax

Im all for worm casting teas..i might purchase a bag.i got no worm farm..actually last time i bought some i indroduced those fungus knats and aphids..if i heat the casting to kill those bastards ill kill the microbes too hey..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Im all for worm casting teas..i might purchase a bag.i got no worm farm..actually last time i bought some i indroduced those fungus knats and aphids..if i heat the casting to kill those bastards ill kill the microbes too hey..
Yes I only use the tea in hydroponics use casting in my compost making .

Madmax

Madmax

Day 15 for the first born and .family photo...Hi guys..been feeding her between 300-400 ppms and id like to ask when do i start upping the ppms..shes not showing any signs that i need to up them atm..should i just carry on what im doing ?

Wish the others were same age as i want to put her under the cmh right now.. im glad though this is just a practice run till i have better genetics and figuring out what works best in this indoor enviroment.pretty much got the seedling raising ,room temp humidity and watering down pat..time for the eldest drink..shes a little droopy ..pic
Screenshot_20200920-190903.jpg
20200920_190243.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Cheers Od..gave her the drink..she took more than i thought she would take.runoff ppm was 700-750 .that seems a little high? I will give her plain water nxt feed and see if that brings it down..ive read your spose to feed every watering.im just doing what i think i should b doing lol but might not b right.sort of just winging it ha

Is this right..the oldest plant still had moisture but if i dont water a little more frequently is this the reason why the runoff is a little high (salt buildup?).or is that just telling me shes not taking up the nutrients im giving her ? 3-400 ppm runoff 7-750 ph 5.8 ..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Cheers Od..gave her the drink..she took more than i thought she would take.runoff ppm was 700-750 .that seems a little high? I will give her plain water nxt feed and see if that brings it down..ive read your spose to feed every watering.im just doing what i think i should b doing lol but might not b right.sort of just winging it ha

Is this right..the oldest plant still had moisture but if i dont water a little more frequently is this the reason why the runoff is a little high (salt buildup?).or is that just telling me shes not taking up the nutrients im giving her ? 3-400 ppm runoff 7-750 ph 5.8 ..
Yes I think your right a good flush with ph correct if you in coco perlite use cal mag normal rates .

Top Bottom