Madmax's first grow in coco coir

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Ok..so ive been doing a little reading on calmag dosage and im not sure what amount to give the plants..if any..gh calimagic says 1ml to a litre to prevent secondary nutrient deficiency but when i read on botanicare calmag they reccomend 3-5ml per gal but it goes on to say if your using it as a preventative measure rather than correcting use 1ml in soil or coco grows pr gal and that leads me back to using rain water which would have a low traces as it reads under 0.2ec + canna classic vega A has 4.4% ca B 0.8% mag.....Question what would you guys do.... give 1ml pr gal or none at all.

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ok..so ive been doing a little reading on calmag dosage and im not sure what amount to give the plants..if any..gh calimagic says 1ml to a litre to prevent secondary nutrient deficiency but when i read on botanicare calmag they reccomend 3-5ml per gal but it goes on to say if your using it as a preventative measure rather than correcting use 1ml in soil or coco grows and that leads me back to using rain water which would have a low traces as it reads under 0.2ec + canna classic vega A has 4.4% ca B 0.8% mag.....Question what would you guys do.... give 1ml pr gal or none at all.
My green planet says 1.25 ml per lt . I better go check what the Reiziger has I think it’s 1.6 . Back later got a new light to install .. good questions max .

cemchris

cemchris

Staff member
Supporter
Ok..so ive been doing a little reading on calmag dosage and im not sure what amount to give the plants..if any..gh calimagic says 1ml to a litre to prevent secondary nutrient deficiency but when i read on botanicare calmag they reccomend 3-5ml per gal but it goes on to say if your using it as a preventative measure rather than correcting use 1ml in soil or coco grows pr gal and that leads me back to using rain water which would have a low traces as it reads under 0.2ec + canna classic vega A has 4.4% ca B 0.8% mag.....Question what would you guys do.... give 1ml pr gal or none at all.
Wouldn't unless you need it. Most of the time Mg/Ca def is from improper watering/feeding or environment. Ca is immobile and humidity or temps out of wack will show up like a def. It's usually one or the other very seldom both. Mg bottom of the plant and Ca at the top new growth. Dumping calmg into it can cause another problem trying to fix one depending on the base nutes and additives.

No reason to buy another bottle. You can always up the A (to a point). There is no rule that both have to be mixed at the same ratios.

Madmax

Madmax

Was trying to do a small joke..you wont get it as you havnt seen the movie bro.....i was thinking you was putting up your buddy lights and all this guy wants to b is your buddy 😃..hes a scycho ..funny movie starring jim carrey..

Madmax

Madmax

Jesus..these 315 lights are intense...different kettle of fish alltogether to the t5s .WOW..humidifier aint even on now .now humidity goes to bout 70 and have got the extraction fan plugged into the inkbird temp and cool ..temp gets to bout 26 before fan comes on.the raise in humidity is coming from the pots being more water in room now .oldest girl is 39 inches from light..i will see how they are tomorrow.i added 2 more handfulls of perlite to 10 handfulls of coir..i want a little more drainage .it stayed a little too damp for too long under the t5s..i probably shouldnt of as i see the 315s throwing out more heat into the room.before i set it up i ventured into my new store to get some Lumii glasses and another hygrometer just to see if the other hygrometers wernt up the shit..theres 3-4 sick young ones in there because they stayed damp too long i gather ... others are fine..gee my android plays up near the light..

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Thinking of putting a small ceiling fan into humidifer/dehumidifier inkbird to keep humidity down when lights are off..will do this in the flower room too..it just saves me going in there and unplugging the extraction fan from temp/ cool into the other inkbird controller.its gong to b either that or a small dehumidifier in there.that will probably save losing heat.might b good for summer but bad for winter.gee ive got the whole shebang in equipment..Lol..

Madmax

Madmax

Good evening..to you guys good moaning..just letting you guys know what i been doing so if i get a prob arises maybe yous can help me out abit..well as yous know i transplanted last nite but i didnt water them in but i added ph'd water 5.8 to the coir in a bucket and mixed in a little more perlite..they were all good up till i went to bed at 4am so 5hrs they were good.checked on them 5mins before lights off and all were droopy.it been raining and humidity was 78% 18 deg c..waited till they woke up 6 hrs later and all drooping bar a couple seedlings..i ended up feeding the seedlings some water supplement.doesnt contain any meaningful levels of nutrients..the 5 in big pots got 400ppm of nutes phd to 5.8 .gave 800ml and had about 200ml runoff and ppm was 700 so i upped the runoff to a little over 35% and got ppm down to between 5-600 on truncheon..ph out was same as in 5.8..ive reduced the light to 35' to eldest and its 37 to the young ones..room temp 23.9 Humidity 63% leaf temp 22.6..i will keep an eye on the girls over the nxt 5hrs just to see if the lights affects them and if leaves are perked back up...

Top Bottom