Madmax's first grow in coco coir

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

I might try that nxt transplant maybe and see what happens .i thought that would bugger them up a little...these hygrometers peev me off lol as i dont know which one is exactly right.the one far right is new but i know for a fact there isnt that much humidity in room.the culiv8te i bought yesterday .. with thay cultiv8te one i go by outdoor temp dont i as it shows about 14deg in my room and the indoor setting on like 22 lol when its not that warm .i might take it back if igo by indoor as its not right ..just looked on the box it has 5% inacuracy so thats no good as i cant dial in this room or calibrate the damn inkbird to it...lol..
20200925_230200.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

This is outside my room in shed..see the cultiv8 indoor temp says.i dunno why it says 22 lol.
Looks like i have to go by outdoor temp which has the sensor..ive been going off indoor temp and have the inbird set to it..i will change it to outdoor temp..
20200925_233110.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Probably why the darn things arnt corresponding with ea other..i didnt even think of that,,too stoned too haha.one never came with batteries so used thse cheapos that were in the drawer.i will go to town tomorrow and get some new ones.its marvelous when ya stoned off your face all sorts of shit going through the mind over thinking things and blowing something minor way out of proportions.lol..i might take up the bottle again.didnt give 2 hoots then 😆

Madmax

Madmax

Dammit 😠 ive given the seedlings too much water and putting them in bigger pots couple days ago will take them awhile to get better..lesson learned...i should of known better.being an outdoor grower i hardly water in the first month .the other 5 are good.first borns going for it now which is good to see...getting some good prac in before i have a good go at it..

lights down to 31 1/2 inches..

This light was tested at 60cm PPFD 856.61 average umol m-2 s-1 ..
CRI 93% with philips 930 mastercolor.
Kelvin 3000K
THD <10%

Madmax

Madmax

Should i b concerned about roots coming out of the pots.3 days lol after up potting and they are showing. ..ive always had a thing about roots showing and i will plant them straight away into the ground.im over cautious i know but i dont like to hurt them or slow them down any...

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Should i b concerned about roots coming out of the pots.3 days lol after up potting and they are showing. ..ive always had a thing about roots showing and i will plant them straight away into the ground.im over cautious i know but i dont like to hurt them or slow them down any...
That's fine Max they will air prune themselves off you don't have to worry mate . Od .

Madmax

Madmax

Another thing learnt cheers OD ..checked them before light off.little ones still not recovering and the biggest has lowered her leaves but other 4 in same pots are fine...this is getting wierd..temps highest 25.5 Rh 67% .pots arnt dry yet..hmmmm..what the heck she telling me .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Another thing learnt cheers OD ..checked them before light off.little ones still not recovering and the biggest has lowered her leaves but other 4 in same pots are fine...this is getting wierd..temps highest 25.5 Rh 67% .pots arnt dry yet..hmmmm..what the heck she telling me .
roots are cold my cheese is taking a dump on me again with the temps brother . Od .

Madmax

Madmax

Maybe yor right but lights were on OD..25.5 .its def not moisture.i weighed the pots.707gs dry and biggest girls was 1173..and that hasnt had water in 3 days..the 4 smaller girls in same pots ones weigh same and they are fine the seedlings pots dry is 310gm dry .they weighed between 550-561 all drooping bar one and that weighs 496gm..what i have done is raised the temp 1deg to 24.5 (fan on at 25.5) before it happened so fans not coming on all the time as humidity drops to 35-37%.i will check the root temps with my blulab soil ph pen when light come on in 4 hrs..

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What color are the roots? White?

Just feel the side of the fabric pot with your hand. Does it feel cool? Is she catching a fan or something on her roots? I have done this and plants do not like.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah ..you dont get these things happening outdoors..they are pretty finicky in an controlled enviroment..there was one other thing ive done dropped lights 4 inches but that hasnt affected the 4 younger plants beside it..the strains are different aurora indica is the eldest and one with leaves down ...the other 4 3 are outdoors ive grown and one quik critacal not showing any signs...its def the enviroment .its funny when things happen its between 4am to to lights on the last 8 hrs.

Madmax

Madmax

Still no change with the young ones .i think thats about 5 days now lol..ive used a cake skewer around the outside to help them a little.its not wet just moist .and ive backtracked abit and moved the light back up 4" to 35" away from the biggest one and 40" away from seedlings inkbirds set at 1 deg less cuts in at 25 deg c and extraction fan is on for a 1:05 min.rh goes from 68 to 38% in that time and temp reduces to 21.7 and can swing 1deg either way....im not the sharpest knife in the draw but will try and learn what i can..im enjoying the experience and thats what its all about...

Madmax

Madmax

I like your thinking.i wish they were all fems and had 7-8 of them i could do that in that little veg room or take that tray out ...i sure hate having different size plants in there but thats all on me..i will do that nxt grow and have plants on there own stands...i will most likey kill all those seedlings as they havnt changed and with the others throw them outside and then order some more fems from seedsman.im waiting for them to get back to me as its been 2 months.seedsmans support are pretty good on responding to my messages .they are getting back to me very shortly.i watered that eldest one 800ml 175ml runoff.fed 400ppm.phd 5.7 out was 6.1 so i guess shes telling me she wants more cal-mag ..

Madmax

Madmax

You have made me starting thinking of the pot sizes lol.i want to run 5 gal in the flower room but im thinking how the fook am i going to be able to transplant from 2 to 5.heres a pic of a 2 gal and 5..i wasnt sure what size 250mm pots was so i taped up the drainage holes and poured in 7.6 litres and lo and behold its a 2gal pot .measured the dia and 9 will fit in that tray....coool👍
Heres 2 and 5gal can see my delimma up potting into that..theres bugger all difference in height just bigger in diameter
20200930_135636.jpg
20200930_135647.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Checked em out lights on still same...hmm.im thinking ive done something else more sinister like maybe using the feed bottle instead of the water one lol..if thats not the case they have damping off.all quick critical.one in a bigger pots growing crapola aswell..these seeds came off a plant at my bros place outdoors didnt grow very big so maybe crap genes as the blue cheese and sunset sherbet turned into monsters right beside it..could b just poor quality.it cant b me..no no no 😆..pic of the aurora indica looking just fine.would it b wise to up the ph to 6.1 nxt feed as i phd to 5.7 runoff was 6.1.i have the feed ready for the other three phd to 6.1 .water temps 11 so ive put it in the room with them and will recheck the ph when its warmer..
20200930_191852.jpg

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

I like your thinking.i wish they were all fems and had 7-8 of them i could do that in that little veg room or take that tray out ...i sure hate having different size plants in there but thats all on me..i will do that nxt grow and have plants on there own stands...i will most likey kill all those seedlings as they havnt changed and with the others throw them outside and then order some more fems from seedsman.im waiting for them to get back to me as its been 2 months.seedsmans support are pretty good on responding to my messages .they are getting back to me very shortly.i watered that eldest one 800ml 175ml runoff.fed 400ppm.phd 5.7 out was 6.1 so i guess shes telling me she wants more cal-mag ..

6.1 out is not bad, more runoff so it comes out nearer the 5.7 Know what you mean about seed deliveries, I'm looking at re-run of some of my seeds next run, would have loved to have another 4 different strains, but.
Have a look at the outdoor auto I grew in a two gallon bucket, it did just fine.

Last edited: