Madmax's first grow in coco coir

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zebrausa

zebrausa

I almost thought it was leaf septoria
My last 2 grows were destroyed by Septoria. I did not know what what was happening until I got on here this am.. I thought it was a cal/mag deficiency. I would lupe and never found any bugs except once when I found some leaf cutters. I noticed yesterday some white flys in the tent. After googling and looking at the pics, it was exactly what was happening to my plants. My Peppers last year had this and it spread to my tomatoes. This winter, my greenhouse flooded and my plants were in water for a day or two. So, I'm culling everything outside this week..... It's probably 15 plants.(tomato/peppers and 5 cultivars in my tent.) This is the 5th time something has happened to my grows. This is my prized cultivar Sheeliwathi OG, a new strain I'm developing. A big shout out to all you growers.
septoria.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Day 20 since flip...start of 7th day since bud onset...i changed the lumatek light hangers setup.only had 2' to go so i put in 4 individual hangers .frees up some much needed space..lights still at 20'and im quite happy to leave it at that .no need to disrupt the girls moving it up and down trying to find the sweet spot...plants like a settled enviroment..
Seeing a huge difference between hps and the leds..the most noticable are the plants height ,better branching and more budsites..tallest is over a ft shorter using the same strain.im interested in what size they grow to cause the hps is pretty good growing pretty big buds...

Rooke

Rooke

Day 20 since flip...start of 7th day since bud onset...i changed the lumatek light hangers setup.only had 2' to go so i put in 4 individual hangers .frees up some much needed space..lights still at 20'and im quite happy to leave it at that .no need to disrupt the girls moving it up and down trying to find the sweet spot...plants like a settled enviroment..
Seeing a huge difference between hps and the leds..the most noticable are the plants height ,better branching and more budsites..tallest is over a ft shorter using the same strain.im interested in what size they grow to cause the hps is pretty good growing pretty big buds...
View attachment 1115372
I wonder if they may stretch a bit More in the next week or so ? Or kick into bud building now. They are looking freakin awesome Max!!! Dialed Bro!!

Madmax

Madmax

Hopefully they will start the bud building now 😃 and probably grow another 8' over the next couple months..something like around that figure....im pretty rapt how the light has kept them shorter for me bro.. i did try and keep the temp swing between night and day closer than the last grow and they are waay more compact with internodal spacing shorter and much more managable .
I hated how the zombie grew last.got too tall then too much heat and light intensity made them throw nanners towards the end.. something im desperately trying to avoid that happening again which was the main reason why i bought the lumatek..this grow my main priority is to keep them healthy all the way through .

Madmax

Madmax

Wow..the growline ph pen is pretty accurate..i used for the first time tonite as the blu lab soil pen played up....the nute reading on truncheon was flashing between 5-600 so i thought it would b in the middle somewhere but read 610ppm on the growline.i can feed them way more accurate now..was tripping out at ph out at 6.8..fed 570ppm the 2 back ones are 490ppm and 500ppm of runoff.front three were between 610-640 still not bad..there is tip burn on 4 of them so thats got to b from the cal mag i was giving them as a+b base was about 4-450 on the truncheon so it could have been more really going by the reading i got tonite ...gee im getting some good gear.im running out of excuses not to succeed lol..
20210422_024725.jpg

chemistry

chemistry

That's how the Blue Truncheon's seem to work, they flash when your in between readings, as they only seem to read in half (lights flashing) or full points of measure (light on). What did you settle on brightness wise with your LED's? And what height?

Madmax

Madmax

Shes been cranked up 100% from get go chem and ive kept the light 20' above tallest one so far which is showing a little tacoeing .ive just moved the fan up abit to see if that helps it..temps are real steady between 26.5-27.5. Ive got to get the ir gun soon to check leaf temps..the leaves are actually cool to touch..the back right plant is turning into an absolute beast and ive plucked leaves off that thing daily lol to expose the budsites.theres secondary branches coming off the laterals everywhere lol.i wasnt getting this with the gavita .
You thinking of getting one chem

Madmax

Madmax

And ive noticed 😃..up into the lamp hood lol..lumatek says ideal hanging height is 16'.the slight tacoeing is from the light intensity..i dont think its the heat..one thing its distributed evenly across the room..i like how the light hits the plants from all angles...

The tallest is near a ft shorter than last grow same time...they didnt stretch the 3ft...LOL..its near same height as the aurora

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah pretty much.i will do a vid in 5hrs when they wake up to show you how how close .they are around 3-4 ' on main stem..the clone never stretched at all ..its just stacking its budsites right now..under the hps they pretty much grew individual ones ..

Top Bottom