Madmax's first grow in coco coir

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chemistry

chemistry

Checked em out lights on still same...hmm.im thinking ive done something else more sinister like maybe using the feed bottle instead of the water one lol..if thats not the case they have damping off.all quick critical.one in a bigger pots growing crapola aswell..these seeds came off a plant at my bros place outdoors didnt grow very big so maybe crap genes as the blue cheese and sunset sherbet turned into monsters right beside it..could b just poor quality.it cant b me..no no no 😆..pic of the aurora indica looking just fine.would it b wise to up the ph to 6.1 nxt feed as i phd to 5.7 runoff was 6.1.i have the feed ready for the other three phd to 6.1 .water temps 11 so ive put it in the room with them and will recheck the ph when its warmer.. View attachment 1037754

I like a Ph of 6 as an a base setting, some plants like more acidic some like it alkaline, but most will pray on 6. Yours is coming out at 6.1 which I could live with.

Madmax

Madmax

Thats mate..you have helped me out in a big way so far and have more of an understanding on feeding runoff ph etc...thanks for helping mate..appreciate it lots..ive been keen to order more but im a little hesitant to purchase if im not getting them...its setting me back and im keen as mustard to run some great genetics from seed....apart from the seedling mishap the veg rooms running great.going to grab another 6w usb fan tomorrow so im covering a broader area across the plants..

Madmax

Madmax

Well the last couple days the big girl has been a little down..so i decided to up pot .dunno what size this one is as forgot to measure it volume..thinks its arond 3-4 gallon..one thing i know she sure drank up her last feed ..she was probably telling me shes just thirsty..when i looked at the root mass i thought OMG was like fairy floss lol.ph'd 6.1 ppm 400 out 5-600.man i ran some water through .should of came down..going to fill another pot up tomorrow and water it and see what the runoff says..

Madmax

Madmax

Sitting up a little better should b doing high 5s tomorrow..tipped the biggest one at node 7 .i might trim off the bottom 2 branches pretty sure .back 2 and front left are seeds off a selfed plant that had one or 2 nanners.front right is a quick critacal that came out with seeds at bros and is growing identical..spindly looking thing but its trying..hopefully they are all girls and if thats the case i will grow them out under the cmh instead of the 6/750 gavita...the critacal has a little heat stress and has been like that since under the cmh light.light 40 away.37 from the biggest one.it seems to b stretching so im leaving it at that height..pics
20201003_190443.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Hmm.i think three plants are beginning to show slight mag def .ive seen this on them for about 7 days now hence why i raised ph to 6.1 2 days ago..veins darker and outline on edges.....whens the best time to add epsom salt to them..beginning of light on? 1gram per liter?...heres a pic...
20201004_001337.jpg
20201004_001352.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Gave the 4 in smaller pots another light feed .i should start upping it slightly.the qik critical spindly one is going for it back right..its the only one thats starting to stretch ..forgot to give three some epsom salts at lights off and today can see more lightness between the veins..phd 5.8 out was 6.2..done lots of runoff and it wouldnt budge..so nxt watering i will ph to 5.5 .ppm in 400 out 400..time to up the feed on biggest one.there is slight tip burn on top leaves so i wont b upping it much..the aurora indicas a light feeder..

Madmax

Madmax

Yay..I have a girl..cant see it properly in pic but when i checked with my glasses on i see 2 hairs coming out of the calyx...Yippeeee...i gave them a light foliar of epsom salts but i dont think thats the minor problem they are showing.when i pull one out they are darker green .the pics dont show how dark they are ...sort of blotchy like.one has a little bit of a shine like satin not glossy.theres no claw going on..others look like a dull green...it could b just my watering practices so im going to let them dry out a little more..the big ones fine..uno peeps say let it dry out but that would b like over 7 days to wait for that.probably more as im in spring here slowly warming up and i think they need nutrients every 5 days i dont think my watering bad as i take them out and help it drain from the pots.imight just use ph water nxt and no feed and see what happens ...
20201006_210921.jpg
20201006_203027.jpg
20201006_203053.jpg
20201006_203219.jpg
20201006_203240.jpg
20201006_211057.jpg

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I know exactly what you mean re: color. I water with some grow and calmag and I think it helps. I also have a product called Soul Infinity that seems to just kind of be a plant happifier. It helps with a lot of niggling little stuff the plants want.
Screenshot_20201006-074657.png

I know @MIMedGrower is a big proponent of silica and I notice that's in there. Idk. I'm still piecing this together.

Madmax

Madmax

Nice not sure if we have that avail in our stores down under but i do have silica and humic acid i havnt used yet.i used these in my outdoors but unsure if they should b mixed in with the synthetic nutes..instructions say to use silica as a foliar spray only and use humic acid as a ph down.when mixed at there ratio ppm was 400 i think and ph was over 10 so i added 3-4ml of humic and it hardly lowered the ph was still up around 8.8 and ppm was up to 600 .i cant remember what else i used lol to get the ph down as soil works itself out so you dont have to ph it

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Staff member
Supporter
Nice not sure if we have that avail in our stores down under but i do have silica and humic acid i havnt used yet.i used these in my outdoors but unsure if they should b mixed in with the synthetic nutes..instructions say to use silica as a foliar spray only and use humic acid as a ph down.when mixed at there ratio ppm was 400 i think and ph was over 10 so i added 3-4ml of humic and it hardly lowered the ph was still up around 8.8 and ppm was up to 600 .i cant remember what else i used lol to get the ph down as soil works itself out so you dont have to ph it
Vinegar or lemon juice maybe , use humic acid aids in root health my silica I add to my water them ph down then add cal mag my base nutes and humic acid my ph comes out 5.8 to 60 .

Madmax

Madmax

Maybe i should do that od..its ogs brand organicgardensolutions humics from the same place.shes got a wicked smell that stuff..ive been thinking of adding the calimagic to the nxt feed but unsure on the dosage as what ive read it takes up quit abit of the ppm.plants are between 30-37 days only feeding 350 the ph up takes it tp 400....i just mixed 1ml to 1 litre just to see what the ppm would show...it reads between 2-300 ..so if i still go 400 on top thats 700, might b less considering the cal mg ups the ph ..do you think 650 will b too much .i dont want to dilute the mix as they will get less cal-mg ..so i mix cal mg A base B then ph..

Madmax

Madmax

I have moved the light back up ...closest is 36 and furthest is 42.im seeing slight heat stress on edges of 4 younger ones.+ i want them to elongate abit..think i need a lux meter.the 315 cmh is sure keeping them short... too short lol..the critacal has the best distancing between the nodes bout 35-40mm .its picked up qute abit.looking better than it was at bros now.if its a bitch will have no probs with light penetratiing the lower branches.quite skunky this was.light in color.gappy fan leaves thin stemmed..will b tipping them all soon when they get to 7th node.then prolly a week after that i will flip them..will the philips 3100k 930 agro light b sufficient for flower or is there another i can use..

Cheers max

Madmax

Madmax

Hmmm.im going to ignore my runoff...why because its making me think if it goes to 6.4 runoff first thing i say to myself i will lower the ph going in to lower whats coming out.... and if if do that i can make the nutrients unavailable at the root zone?..i phd 5.5 out 6.4 .so lowering it doesnt lower the ph out.i think i should b only concerned whats going in yeah...this shits nothing like outside..poke a hole in soil and it practically cares for its self ha..ppm in was 5-600 out 4-500..they still growing okay but still have some discoloration between the veins..i gave them more mg lights off..didnt hit them with the cal-mag.thought maybe upping the nutes might correct the coloration..we will see tomorrow...

Madmax

Madmax

Phd 6.1 500ppm feed last nite for the 4 small plants.will b tipping them nxt few days..man they are short as lol..the quick critacal back left has determined sex ..another girl...might put them into flower in a fortight depending if the others show what they are going to b..i think ive had it easy so far...better not speak too soon lol..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Staff member
Supporter
Phd 6.1 500ppm feed last nite for the 4 small plants.will b tipping them nxt few days..man they are short as lol..the quick critacal back left has determined sex ..another girl...might put them into flower in a fortight depending if the others show what they are going to b..i think ive had it easy so far...better not speak too soon lol..
Hi Max if you can hang the temp n rh sensor at the canopy hight it will give you a better representation of the heat not at base of the plants or I’d that just the receiver beside the pots base . Od .

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah..the sensors are near the top of the canopy bro ..look to the left of the big plant.i have 2 taped to abit of fencing wire pushed into the coco..that reminds me i need a longer bit of wire as they are abit taller now..the cultiva8 one is on the wall for humidity..

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys..fed the first born..shes ready to flip me thinks others look 2 weeks behind in growth..i need to up pot them as they are in 3.3litre pots..is 14 litre sufficient to see them out..i have got some square ones coming 18litre but i need to get these others up potted so they can get going.new pots wont arrive for another week... ...i checked ph out .big swing down this time by .6. ph in 5.9 out 5.8,was 6.4 last i think..3.5 litres in 840ml out ...ppm in 5-600 out 2-300 whats this telling me .that the coir and roots are holding or taking that up?

Madmax

Madmax

Im thinking they are eating lol..soil was still moist..soo if i up the ppms that will make them drink more yeah?...

I think i just learned something..

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Im thinking they are eating lol..soil was still moist..soo if i up the ppms that will make them drink more yeah?...

I think i just learned something..
I'd say they are using the nutrients, yeah. Your up pot size sounds fine to me...can't imagine she would need more if she's going to bloom soon.

Top Bottom