Madmax's first grow in coco coir

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Wow..just when i thought i was getting into a routine..ive been doing it all wrong..was just reading a thread enforcer commented on ...man that dudes straightened me up bad..

You are right Milson on pot size...

Ok cool thanks Chemistry
Screenshot_20201014-022333.jpg

Madmax

Madmax

Got the others in same pots.fed 600ppm 5.9 ph .checked runoff i know now why i get high ppm is because of the fresh bagged coir that they must ec it to 4-500 this happened at the start so i ran a little extra through its at an acceptable 8-900.it was 9-1000ppm at first.. .i wont water them again till they settle in in a couple days..then i will feed daily in small amounts and see how that goes and when the others get abit more decent i will put them into flower..got a lux meter coming so i can put them right in the G spot..the 4 small ones are ok it all about learning this grow and not so much about how big they get.im just happy to get them through and be healthy is my main concern ...pic
20201015_004045.jpg

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i put it down to the fresh bag Chem...i got it to 8-900 still high i know ..pot is 14 litre i used 4 litres and got 800 odd runoff so i put another litre through and got it down a little..gave them 600 the other day and 2-300 came out...would you personally say run 2 litres through tomorrow at lights on ..i was just thinking about that they have just been transplanted and didnt want to go too hard on feeding the nxt day.

Madmax

Madmax

Heeey...Made a mesh stand for the plants tonite..ive been pulling them out to water and it takes quite awhile for them to drain so this should make it easier...just got to put tray under on an angle to collect at front..i made it too tight and cant get the friggin thing in there...LOL. so i will shorten the legs and get the nxt size up square tube to slide over the shorten legs..girls looked great at lights on..temp has dropped and a spike in humidity.75% temp is only getting to 25.3..felt like a tropical paradise in there.probably why they were looking good..gave them a feed 6-700 ppm and got ppm down between 7-800 now so looking good ph in 5.9 ph out 5.9 bar the biggest which was 6.3 also ppm out was 1-200 lol..shes starving.last 2 feeds have been 6-700 2-300 out 2 days ago so nxt feed i will give her bout 700ml and same ppm again that should b enough .feeding daily now...pics
20201015_215202.jpg
20201015_221714.jpg
20201015_221729.jpg

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Brrr.weathers gone back to winter time here in tas which is pretty typical of this place living on a small island weather and temps change daily.sooo im not going to feed them simply because of that.i dont want the roots to get any colder.pots have plenty of moisture to keep them going for quite awhile..3 plants are showing the claw through excess water while 2 others arnt showing any signs .the smallest plant is a male i think..ive thought it is male ages ago..just ugly looking leaves and not very pretty.its not growing very well compared to the others.i would of pulled it ages ago if i had another to take its place....the new screens in there and is tight as a nun ...lost 6 inches in height and lights up near as far as it can go ..it was at 35 inches ive dropped it down to 32 and will see how that goes..cant wait for the lux meter to rock up so i know where i am in the height department. i might flower them in a week and soak some more seeds..with abit of luck by the time these finish flower i should have my seeds from seedsman.....
20201017_012412.jpg

Qik critacal
20201016_001148.jpg

Aurora indica. 10 days between them
20201015_224540.jpg

chemistry

chemistry

Your going to have a 2ft stretch (24 inches), so if you have limited space, flip early, you won't produce as much if you grow into your lights. If the plant is male, leave it as long as you can, then take it out and collect the pollen, and bin it. You then have the capacity to produce some free seeds. 🙂

Madmax

Madmax

Yes...i think your right chem..i can gain 16 inches if i move them into the flower room and shorten the hanging brackets..its a 5x5 so i can put those 2 tallest furthest away ..rooms not completely setup as i was just going to use the veg room ..i better pull my finger out lol.
I will still use the 315 than the gavita and save some power for when i run more plants..i have better fans in the flower room aswell.they could help them out greatly to cool above the canopy so theres less heat..that screen was built purposely for seedlings and young plants to get them up off the floor..

chemistry

chemistry

When I was growing in a 5x5 tent I grew 4 plants from seed to flower, and they filled the tent to bursting, had 6ft all in high. Put the plants you have ready into the flower room and let them flower, then set up your veg for four replacements ready to take over from the others that are in flower, and you've got it made. 👍

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Heeey...Made a mesh stand for the plants tonite..ive been pulling them out to water and it takes quite awhile for them to drain so this should make it easier...just got to put tray under on an angle to collect at front..i made it too tight and cant get the friggin thing in there...LOL. so i will shorten the legs and get the nxt size up square tube to slide over the shorten legs..girls looked great at lights on..temp has dropped and a spike in humidity.75% temp is only getting to 25.3..felt like a tropical paradise in there.probably why they were looking good..gave them a feed 6-700 ppm and got ppm down between 7-800 now so looking good ph in 5.9 ph out 5.9 bar the biggest which was 6.3 also ppm out was 1-200 lol..shes starving.last 2 feeds have been 6-700 2-300 out 2 days ago so nxt feed i will give her bout 700ml and same ppm again that should b enough .feeding daily now...pics
View attachment 1044010 View attachment 1044011 View attachment 1044012
That looks fantastic!

Madmax

Madmax

Thats the plan..im a little peeved off when never go me seeds...i bought 5 seeds from dinafem few years back and put one at bros place..damn thing never grew to anything in 5months lol.but got 2 ounces off it..there was sunset sherbet and blue cheese beside it and got a p of those easy..one of the blue cheese or sherbets pollinated it as there was no nanners on it .to tell you the truth i couldnt see any on the other strains either lol.so i dunno whats happened there..it only grew to the size of the critacal now..no males where there..were all fems.the qik critacals a girl though in pic above 😃

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

That looks fantastic!
Cheers bro.it came up a treat..was going to make one in flower room with 2 seperate sliding runoff trays .i really want to put some small tube plastic hose and run it outside the shed..would work really well .no mess lol

Madmax

Madmax

Made me check the others why they havnt determined sex yet..i think i see the beginning of balls .........on three of them.hmmmmmm....😢.gone straight into thinking mode what im going to do now.first thing im thinking is tropism and vegging for a couple more weeks..if they get too tall i will supercrop it...well that escalated quickly..damn...

chemistry

chemistry

Made me check the others why they havnt determined sex yet..i think i see the beginning of balls .........on three of them.hmmmmmm....😢.gone straight into thinking mode what im going to do now.first thing im thinking is tropism and vegging for a couple more weeks..if they get too tall i will supercrop it...well that escalated quickly..damn...

Put some pics up. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Its too small for my android to take a pic but when i put my goggles on (glasses) i can see that they are going to b males.you can see the stem and a pod on the end..its the beginning of the end of them lol.still fed them ..i need to make 2 passive holes wwith some ducting so light dont shine through to the flower room and take the inkbirds out and set them up when lights are off.got to do some sealing the joins in the laminate chipboard .seal the door and put the fresh carbon filter on the fresh fan..shes a 710cfm 8 incher and i will cut 2 6 inch passive holes..that should b plenty..i will get them in there within 7 days..im using these gravity vents..should work pretty well.gee ive got abit to do now i think of it.
20201018_011226.jpg