Mag deficiency?

• Thread starter Bean_Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Hi everyone, I've searched and searched. Running masterblend with cal-mag, pH 6.1, EC 1900, issue were apparent before I upped the pH. I suspect she's rootbound from the peat pod netting, which I've removed. The temps here have been 80+

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

PS, start of my 2nd grow, still very new

Edit: growing dwc with 5 gallon bucket, 240w led @ 50%, 24" above plant. Sprouted just under 2 weeks ago

Mag deficiency
Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Those peat pod netting are not stoping your roots.. Trust.. lol

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Here's a better picture, I lowered the water level and increased the bubbles. Any thoughts?

Is this cause for concern? The new growth looks pretty good I think. The leaves are crispy

Thanks

IMG 20200731 1035132222
Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

I must be asking a silly question, I'll keep researching and experimenting. Thanks anyway for looking

Terpz719

Terpz719

I'd say yes cause for concern. I haven't done any DWC yet, but you said EC 1900. Not sure what scale you're working with, but regardless that seems way too strong for babies.

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

I'd say yes cause for concern. I haven't done any DWC yet, but you said EC 1900. Not sure what scale you're working with, but regardless that seems way too strong for babies.
Thanks for the reply, I'll try cutting it back down. It's full strength masterblend, probably too soon. I'm trying to figure out how to dose as they grow.

Thank you!

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Just to report back, i cut the ec by about 30%. Comparing pictures, the leaves already look more perky with better color. Hopefully its not just a confirmation bias!

Top Bottom