Magnesium Deficiency outdoor foliar spray?

• Thread starter mike1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mike1980

mike1980

Hi there,
Can I correct magnesium deficiency with foliar spraying 2 weeks into flower with epsom salts or cal-mag or something. Might have a lock-out or just lack off magnesium.

Magnesium deficiency outdoor foliar spray
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Also, lower leaves have a tendency to yellow and fall off if they are not getting any sun.
You can take them off it won't hurt the plant.

mike1980

mike1980

Light stress and a general lockout maybe. Are you pHing your water?
Thanks for replying. Have only used collected rain water from collecting water off roof with barrel system. that plant beside is same strain and doesn't display same thing. Never have tested the rain water PH

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you use the same water and such for both, then you need to look for a different cause. Examine the soil around them.
Do you see holes? Like worm holes?

How much do you water?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm thinking you might not be watering enough because there is obvious light burn there. But it's low down which is weird.
so, since you use the same water for both, it has to be something in the roots. A pH lockout or some kind of root muncher.
How did you prep your hole before you planted them?

mike1980

mike1980

If you use the same water and such for both, then you need to look for a different cause. Examine the soil around them.
Do you see holes? Like worm holes?

How much do you water?
Haven't had to water do to massive amounts of rain we have had. The only time we do water is once a week 5 gallons mixed feed. This plant did have a branch break off 3 weeks ago. It strange too because previous season 3 years ago we had a plant in exact same spot and did the same thing.

mike1980

mike1980

I'm thinking you might not be watering enough because there is obvious light burn there. But it's low down which is weird.
so, since you use the same water for both, it has to be something in the roots. A pH lockout or some kind of root muncher.
How did you prep your hole before you planted them?
dug 18 inch down mixed in Triple mix(blended mixture of humus, sphagnum peat moss and compost) and 20 liters of promix.

SmallGuy

SmallGuy

Hi there,
Can I correct magnesium deficiency with foliar spraying 2 weeks into flower with epsom salts or cal-mag or something. Might have a lock-out or just lack off magnesium.
yeah, folier feed with quality cal mag. Spray leaves heavily but don't spray flowers as much as that is possible. Use half dose not full. Also you could give it some nitrogen but again use half dose. Give your plants 2 days between applications and monitor closely. Your two weeks into flower and have plenty of time you make corrections but take baby steps and you will get the results you desire and be able to sleep at night. Don't worry about a little cal mag on these young flowers just be careful as you can to hit the leaves.

mike1980

mike1980

Thanks guys. I went ahead and gave it some cal-mag via roots 4 days ago and it has seemed to stop. I ran out of cal-mag so have to pick up some more. might foliar feed it too.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Light stress and a general lockout maybe. Are you pHing your water?
When growing in mineral soil, changing the pH of water is typically not needed unless to prevent limescale buildup of irrigation lines. Mineral soils (with sand, silt, and clay) are incredibly good at buffering against pH changes from minor additions of acid.

Thanks for replying. Have only used collected rain water from collecting water off roof with barrel system. that plant beside is same strain and doesn't display same thing. Never have tested the rain water PH
rainwater pH is perfect for Cannabis in mineral soil.

Hi there,
What is your soil pH? Epsom salts and Gypsum are much cheaper than Cal-Mag btw. Easy to top-dress, but can also be used as a foliar spray.
You're growing in mineral soil which should not be confused with "soil" in weed jargon, which is actually peat-based soilless media used for growing in containers.

mike1980

mike1980

When growing in mineral soil, changing the pH of water is typically not needed unless to prevent limescale buildup of irrigation lines. Mineral soils (with sand, silt, and clay) are incredibly good at buffering against pH changes from minor additions of acid.

rainwater pH is perfect for Cannabis in mineral soil.

What is your soil pH? Epsom salts and Gypsum are much cheaper than Cal-Mag btw. Easy to top-dress, but can also be used as a foliar spray.
You're growing in mineral soil which should not be confused with "soil" in weed jargon, which is actually peat-based soilless media used for growing in containers.
thanks going to grab some epsom tomorrow. I've read a bit about it and says not to use first week or so into flower but I am past that time. going to get unsented pure stuff. maybe get some cheap soil pH test kit too. my pH pen broke

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks hungry, what you feeding and how much?

Latest posts

Top Bottom