Main cola broke off salvage or carbage

• Thread starter Trekronor420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trekronor420

Hello and thanks in advance.

I have this plant it started to strech like crazy week before flowering. I tried my best but i grew so tall it barely have any headroom after 2 weeks of flower its 6feet long with pot.

To the point i tried to tie and bend it down but it was so much overcrown i had to over do it and the main cola completely snapped. I used some plant tape and jojo to support it but dunno. Should i dump it so other plants have more room and light? Is it waste of space? I were allready worried it was gonna be hermie but so far found only white hair without pollen sacks. But it may hermie now...

Heres the pic
Main cola broke off salvage or carbage

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Oh man, I've been there.

You have tons of time to make corrections. I see you are in the stretch but these plants are still very early in flower and you still have time to correct and make the main cola anything you want it to be.

You will need to bend that stalk over or top it. If you bend it, try pinching it where you want it to bend and sorta rub your fingers together to make the stalk a little soft before you bend it.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, squash the stalk first. Use pliers, if necessary.

Whenever you have a nice, decent sized plant, you have a nice root system, too. If a branch or upper part of the main stalk breaks off, that root system is still valuable and will nourish the remaining buds quite well. Trashing the whole plant is rarely the answer.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would cut it at the bottom with about four decent branches or wherever the canopy is on the rest of the plants. You can clone some from the top if need be but I think it will be difficult trying to manage the beast with smaller strains under

T

Trekronor420

It doesnt seem it started to slow down or anything the remainings are allready streching again when i now went to see it couple of hours later.

20220223 180323

Here you can better see how she towers others. This is only my second grow and im happy how decently even the rest are compared to my first grow. Im using a net this time, i didnt fold the plant but let it grow thru then spread other than main colas on the net. Not great work but better than nothing. Didnt work for this one and still not sure what to do.
20220223 180426

Top Bottom