Mainline question

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420charlie

420charlie

Thanks I'll give it read.

@420 I thought it looked like you pinched a branch in your pic and looks different than mine makes sense now. Never tried pinching branches before always tied my girls up or topped.

Yeah I only had to pinch because of the asymmetrical growth, to break the dominance the higher node would have. these clones were taken from an older plant.
Seedlings or clones taken from the top of a seedling are already equal in node dominance, coming from the same point on main stem, so there is no need.

I always prefer to tie my plant rather than pinch, however I doubt I’d get equality at the main hub with low stress techniques.
This is new to me as well, first time mainliner.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well I installed my 1000w bulb yesterday morning let the tent get up to temp with the door closed and temps went from 20C to 35C. So opened the door up put another fan feeding cool air into tent with exhaust running full blast still hovering around 27C. So the 1000w is to hot for my set up as is.

Tried dimming the 1000w bulb to 600w but it goes against everything I've learned to dim a hid bulb designed for 1000w to 600w gotta be hard on the equipment.

So I'm gonna get a 600w bulb today if I can, hope it will get my temps to 25C I think would work for me ok. Thankfully my rez sits on the basement concrete floor which is keeping my water temp cool still

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well I installed my 1000w bulb yesterday morning let the tent get up to temp with the door closed and temps went from 20C to 35C. So opened the door up put another fan feeding cool air into tent with exhaust running full blast still hovering around 27C. So the 1000w is to hot for my set up as is.

Tried dimming the 1000w bulb to 600w but it goes against everything I've learned to dim a hid bulb designed for 1000w to 600w gotta be hard on the equipment.

So I'm gonna get a 600w bulb today if I can, hope it will get my temps to 25C I think would work for me ok. Thankfully my rez sits on the basement concrete floor which is keeping my water temp cool still
I've been told some ballast don't like the lower watt bulb and prefer you to dim the ballast. I was told that about mine as I wanted to do the same but I was recommended against doing it. I dimmed down to 600 without problems buds finished fine, a bit more larfy underneath but tops were good.
I too have seen the spectrum change videos about lowering the wattage but better that than cooking plants and they still get 600 w many only flower with 600w so ?? in times of need we do what we can for the girls

Top Bottom