Major curling claws on a range of plants

• Thread starter Aypurea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aypurea

Aypurea

I’m suspecting it’s a pest of some sort because i see little fungus nates (unidentified tbh) flies flying round, but no infestation I only see a few. same nutrient line as the other pots in coco 30% perlite with charge n great white mycorrhizae. In my water I neutralise first then add mono silic acid then my future harvest line. lol I was told it could be under watered but after yesterday I upend the feeding to more frequently but still no change. Normally my plants are very responsive and usually bounce back quick.

Major curling claws on a range of plants
Major curling claws on a range of plants 2
Major curling claws on a range of plants 3
Major curling claws on a range of plants 4
Major curling claws on a range of plants 5
Major curling claws on a range of plants 6
Major curling claws on a range of plants 7
Major curling claws on a range of plants 8
Major curling claws on a range of plants 9
Major curling claws on a range of plants 10
Major curling claws on a range of plants 11
Major curling claws on a range of plants 12
Major curling claws on a range of plants 13
Major curling claws on a range of plants 14
bighempn

bighempn

Looks like a pH issue or over watering. Probably both. Do you do the weight test by lifting the pots by hand before watering? I check the ph/ppm run off when doing soil along with slurry tests to see if plants are drinking. Those ladies could use a deleafing. Too bushy.

Aypurea

Aypurea

Looks like a pH issue or over watering. Probably both. Do you do the weight test by lifting the pots by hand before watering? I check the ph/ppm run off when doing soil along with slurry tests to see if plants are drinking. Those ladies could use a deleafing. Too bushy.
I’ll check the ppms today but I don’t think it’s over watered never had that issue before even with my smaller plants they get a lot of water no signs of being over watered

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

How much do you water per plant per day / how many times per day do you water / do you get run off and if so how much?

Aypurea

Aypurea

How much do you water per plant per day / how many times per day do you water / do you get run off and if so how much?
Water once every day each plant gets 2/3 litres each and they’re in 8 litre pots at least 500ml - 1 litre comes out as run off

Aypurea

Aypurea

Wanted to also ask your pH but it seems like you're doing the right things

Mentioned black flying bugs and you called them gnats but have you considered that they could be root aphids?

I would pull the weakest plant or at least slip it out of the grow bag and inspect the roots at this point
Did this yesterday but not to the weakest one cause they’re all not doing the best. So after checking the roots didn’t see anything wrong or suspicious with the roots they’re all white no root ball yet but u can see the roots spreading. Prolly looking to water with nematodes today and prolly smoke/gas out the room

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Did this yesterday but not to the weakest one cause they’re all not doing the best. So after checking the roots didn’t see anything wrong or suspicious with the roots they’re all white no root ball yet but u can see the roots spreading. Prolly looking to water with nematodes today and prolly smoke/gas out the room
I deleted that geez your fast LOL

If it's not bugs and if your pH and PPM is correct then I got to agree with Aqua man I think you've got a buildup in your soil because you're not flushing enough through, I think each one of those plants would need quite a bit more liquid than your using per day

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Is it possible you could have “packed” the coco too much? Looks like it’s hungry, but over watered. Almost like your soil is so compact and the roots have had trouble growing. I’m new though, just a thought

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yep agree cold roots zones slow uptake and creates issues that often look like overwatering. High salinity slows up take. The only way nutrients build up is if its not watered often enough with adequate runoff.

Now im assuming you have some root issues that will take time to correct. This is a few problems combined looking at it and a complete lockout.
If the plants aren't drinking you have root issues... 100%. You can always tell the if they stop drinking you should look to the roots first.

I would flush 3x pot volume with something like recharge, temp and ph adjusted then feed at 400-600ppm 1x the volume of the pot of temp and ph adjust nutrients. If you water coco right you never should have this problem. It's almost impossible to over water but rootzone temps are important i would suggest at least 70f for roots to get optimal growth and up to 80f below 65 your gonna have issues. I dont mean the feed tenp of nutrients I mean the actual root temps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would also back the light intensity off until they recover. Pushing them hard with light when they are sick is going to further make things worse.

bighempn

bighempn

I’d hit them with aspirin(Salicylic acid) on your next watering and flush. Any time I have sad plants, aspirin usually perks them back up and they always look better. It basically boosts their immune system to fight off what ever is harming them. I also 2nd what aqua man said. You definitely have root issues. Definitely back the lights off. If your plants get too cold at night, consider a very small space heater but be very careful with those so you don’t cause a fire and burn down your spot. Use common sense 👍🏻

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I’d hit them with aspirin(Salicylic acid) on your next watering and flush. Any time I have sad plants, aspirin usually perks them back up and they always look better. It basically boosts their immune system to fight off what ever is harming them. I also 2nd what aqua man said. You definitely have root issues. Definitely back the lights off. If your plants get too cold at night, consider a very small space heater but be very careful with those so you don’t cause a fire and burn down your spot. Use common sense 👍🏻

Funny thing is asprin works faster in plants than humans...lol...

Top Bottom