Making a garden sprayer soon

• Thread starter HerbCyclone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HerbCyclone

HerbCyclone

I've been spending way more time spraying than I'd like. Between my massive rose garden and small greenhouse, I spend about 10 hours a week spraying with an atomizer or a pump sprayer. This isn't a commercial operation, meaning I'm not making any money at all so I decided to start looking at better options so I can do other stuff occasionally and not be a slave to my gardens 24/7.
The GRO-KING seems to be the front runner for products available to purchase. However, $1000+ seems a little steep for what is basically a 15 gallon poly reservoir($30-$50) on a wagon($100) with a small transfer pump($50) connected to a motorcycle battery($50-$80) with some vinyl tubing with quick connects($10)and a sprayer($50).
Those numbers are on the high end for quality parts and it still would only cost about $300. The GRO-KING seems way over-priced. I can probably assemble the whole thing in less than 30 mins.
One thing I'm not sure about is if the GRO-KING is able to keep oil based sprays suspended in water? Since you can't really shake up a 15 gallon tank easily, I'm wondering if maybe adding in an air pump with air stone would do a decent job at keeping things mixed with the added benefit of aerating the mix.
Anybody else build their own sprayer out there?

Farmer88

Farmer88

I've been spending way more time spraying than I'd like. Between my massive rose garden and small greenhouse, I spend about 10 hours a week spraying with an atomizer or a pump sprayer. This isn't a commercial operation, meaning I'm not making any money at all so I decided to start looking at better options so I can do other stuff occasionally and not be a slave to my gardens 24/7.
The GRO-KING seems to be the front runner for products available to purchase. However, $1000+ seems a little steep for what is basically a 15 gallon poly reservoir($30-$50) on a wagon($100) with a small transfer pump($50) connected to a motorcycle battery($50-$80) with some vinyl tubing with quick connects($10)and a sprayer($50).
Those numbers are on the high end for quality parts and it still would only cost about $300. The GRO-KING seems way over-priced. I can probably assemble the whole thing in less than 30 mins.
One thing I'm not sure about is if the GRO-KING is able to keep oil based sprays suspended in water? Since you can't really shake up a 15 gallon tank easily, I'm wondering if maybe adding in an air pump with air stone would do a decent job at keeping things mixed with the added benefit of aerating the mix.
Anybody else build their own sprayer out there?

I have built a ton of custom sprayers small and large. You will need a bypass pump to act as an agitator to keep oils suspended. Or an in tank agitator, but the bypass pump will be equally as effective in the volumes you are talking about.

HerbCyclone

HerbCyclone

I have built a ton of custom sprayers small and large. You will need a bypass pump to act as an agitator to keep oils suspended. Or an in tank agitator, but the bypass pump will be equally as effective in the volumes you are talking about.
Thank you, going to spend the time and try to order all the components in the next couple weeks

Top Bottom