Making an exact Undercurrent 13 gallon replica for 1/4 the cost. Heck yes!

• Thread starter BavarianFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BavarianFarmer

I think due to size I'm going to have to go with 3 horizontal aircooled 1000 watters. If a bigger location works out, I'd try and put a couple vertical 600w's on each side or something.

Bavarian Farmer

sky high

sky high

Think long and hard about the size you have to work with. the phrase "Less is more" is in full effect here. 4 buckets may give you the same yield as 6 if you light them properly. (or 6 will yield like 4 if you don't)

If yer top-lighting I wouldn't shoot for trees I would go for width.

good luck

s h

L

Lost

Jack, you know it is.. With he 13 gallon upgrade, I see people being able to do at least what dd's did (about the same amounts of nutes in the mini res.) The thing is jack, people are still not pushing these systems to the max, especially the 27 gallon MPB's.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Jack, you know it is.. With he 13 gallon upgrade, I see people being able to do at least what dd's did (about the same amounts of nutes in the mini res.) The thing is jack, people are still not pushing these systems to the max, especially the 27 gallon MPB's.

I did not know what JK considered a tree? I will be content with 2# trees of some AAA meds. And im shooting for 3# with the 13 gallon buckets might even throw in 1 bucket Casey Jones and try to hit the big # :character0025:JACK

D

Dondirtbiker

I did not know what JK considered a tree? I will be content with 2# trees of some AAA meds. And im shooting for 3# with the 13 gallon buckets might even throw in 1 bucket Casey Jones and try to hit the big # :character0025:JACK

Gotta say jack , you and sky high inspired me to toss everything out the window and go with this 13 gal system.
Thank you..I would love a run down of your exact nutrient
Regimen , step by step for us newbies if you could
Would really appreciate it...keep up the amazing posts we appreciate your guidance..:)

B

BavarianFarmer

Think long and hard about the size you have to work with. the phrase "Less is more" is in full effect here. 4 buckets may give you the same yield as 6 if you light them properly. (or 6 will yield like 4 if you don't)

If yer top-lighting I wouldn't shoot for trees I would go for width.

good luck

s h
Truth! Yeah I'm definitely going to go for the bigger place so I can have a dedicated room with easily enough space for 6-8 plants and also have a festive amount of vertical lights.

3# would be so insane!!! Jack, reading through your threads has been amazing!! Thanks so much for the dictionary of Knowledge acquirable from one of your threads! I constantly reference them. Anyways... I hope to be joining the Poundage Club soon as well!

Bavarian Farmer

L

Lost

Bavarian - I just wanted to say that after getting my UC6XXL, I cannot see why you would just not buy it from them. Keep in mind I have never bought a system, but then next time I need to Build a room, I will be stepping up the the plate and getting a UC system.

They are within 30% of buying all of the stuff yourself, and they do all of the labor and they guarntee its perfect or they send you replacement parts to make it work. Its just a no brainer to me now. If I were doing a warehouse, I would probablly find a 25 gallon container I like and pay them to do a 25 gallon, 4 inch drain piped dealie if they would do it. Their stuff is so clean!

X

Xceptional

Bavarian - I just wanted to say that after getting my UC6XXL, I cannot see why you would just not buy it from them. Keep in mind I have never bought a system, but then next time I need to Build a room, I will be stepping up the the plate and getting a UC system.

They are within 30% of buying all of the stuff yourself, and they do all of the labor and they guarntee its perfect or they send you replacement parts to make it work. Its just a no brainer to me now. If I were doing a warehouse, I would probablly find a 25 gallon container I like and pay them to do a 25 gallon, 4 inch drain piped dealie if they would do it. Their stuff is so clean!

i'm guessing the commercial mpb's doubled is supposed to have coming out will be bigger then anything UC offers.

L

Lost

Agreed, I was just kinda in a round about way saying that commercial size is the direction they would want to be headed. :)

L

Lost

I also want to point out that the 8 gallon size is proven to produce 2 pounds a plant. The 13 gallon should be able to do 3 per.. One could figure that a 22-26 gallon would hit that 4 pound per mark, given 75 inch centers on 1500 watt lights, or the new 400 volt stuff. Might be doable on 1000's. I keep overgrowing my 55 inch centers in my MPB's.

I also want to assert how important strain is. Since I got the 13 dawgs, my eyes have been opened.

J

Jalisco Kid

I did not say anything bad about the system so why be so defensive. I just said it would be easier. I see by your thread titles you have done a second run. So by now you must have realized a better system in your head and I'll bet it doesn't include a 13 gal tank. Think about a 36 gal with the roots moving freely all around with air bubbles. A chaotic water flow not a current binding things together. Or even better yet a 36 gal tank misting the roots.
I would guess a tree starts around 2.5 lbs(with about 10 oz of good popcorn for hash). I do not track down pics but I have yet to see a real tree in one. Not that I do not believe it can be done. I make 13 gals but never ran one. My 20's are only a 1/3 bigger and my patients bounce around 2.5 and 2.85lb/plant. That Casey does look good.Been watching gtd with them. Suerte JK

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Thanks a lot! I'm totally going to do it. I will keep every receipt also so we can have a final tab at the end. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should move to a bigger place when my lease is out next month, or if i should stay here and use a XXL 8x5x7 tent. I'm just currently maxed out right now in my closet... But either way, I'm going to go through with it. Probably a 6 or 8 x 13gal system. To the Forest or Bust!!!

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that or said something similar myself.

Within a couple weeks I will be starting the build hopefully... I just need to figure out my living location in life first. (undecided between bigger place or making do with my nice place already.)

Good luck with that.

I posted this thread before I searched more I guess. I've read like 3 different threads now all packed with good info of DIY UC's just like I am gonna do. But now I'm more informed and I'm sure, just like when I originally setup my closet grow, I will spend 2 x more than expected... But it will be fun doing it all myself!
Thanks dude.

Never seen such a rancor over a thread by a noob who has read "like 3 threads now" and is all packed with information and gonna get started ASAP after he figures out living arrangements. Ready and willing to eat my words, but, doubt any of this will happen.

B

BavarianFarmer

"Thanks a lot! I'm totally going to do it. I will keep every receipt also so we can have a final tab at the end. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should move to a bigger place when my lease is out next month, or if i should stay here and use a XXL 8x5x7 tent. I'm just currently maxed out right now in my closet... But either way, I'm going to go through with it. Probably a 6 or 8 x 13gal system. To the Forest or Bust!!!"

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that or said something similar myself.

"Within a couple weeks I will be starting the build hopefully... I just need to figure out my living location in life first. (undecided between bigger place or making do with my nice place already.)"

Good luck with that.

"I posted this thread before I searched more I guess. I've read like 3 different threads now all packed with good info of DIY UC's just like I am gonna do. But now I'm more informed and I'm sure, just like when I originally setup my closet grow, I will spend 2 x more than expected... But it will be fun doing it all myself!
Thanks dude."

Never seen such a rancor over a thread by a noob who has read "like 3 threads now" and is all packed with information and gonna get started ASAP after he figures out living arrangements. Ready and willing to eat my words, but, doubt any of this will happen.

Cool thanks Negative Nancy! Who gives a fuck even if this did never happen! This is just a forum where people can share ideas and opinions on things and to learn from others mistakes and such. Stop being such a hater and go smoke a doobie or something! What makes you so elite to come in here and try and shit on me?

Some people... Seriously where does this ego come from?

B

BavarianFarmer

I also should had a different thread title. I was too high and made it sound all flashy like I'm promoting some jesus noob magic or something and going to change the world and I need to be shut down hard for that. The title should have been- "My DIY 13 gallon Bucket Grow" and everything would be fine. The mods should change it.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Cool thanks Negative Nancy! Who gives a fuck even if this did never happen!

See? Scultz not Negative Nancy. Try Realistic Nancy and go to bed Jr. Maybe you could read like 2 or 3 more threads, even though you're already loaded with information, and figure out where your going to live to help you fall asleep.

B

BavarianFarmer

Well now that you've justified that you are a total douche. Can you not post anymore in here? You're not helping anyone and just making more people hate you. Look through your posts in most threads... 75% of them are bitter and talking shit on someone. Get a life! Seriously I didn't think I would see this on a weed forum... stupid car forum's yes, but on a chill weed growing forum? What's your motive!? I just can't fathom where anger comes from while looking through a forum about growing weed and the excitement around it. You're pathetic and I almost feel bad for you. Anything more you post will just keep making you look worse. So just stay out since you don't have anything worthwhile of saying.

B

brookstown

See? Try Realistic Nancy and go to bed Jr. Maybe you could read like 2 or 3 more threads, even though you're already loaded with information, and figure out where your going to live to help you fall asleep.

Kinda Salty huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom