Making an exact Undercurrent 13 gallon replica for 1/4 the cost. Heck yes!

• Thread starter BavarianFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WeedTodd

Hey folks, I know I'm new-ish here... I try to keep my comments to a minimum (BF, not trying hi-jack, I'll start a new thread if you want me to...), but this is for the DIY's looking for components for your "UC's". Yes, you can build them cheaper than the "systems" that are on the market (it's been shown in numerous threads on here), especially when many of you/us already have the pumps, stones, etc... You may have seen my lids in another thread, some of you have "figured out" what i do, I'm a fabricator and I sell a few different systems and products globally (nothing to do with "farming"). In terms of being a manufacturer and savvy business owner/operator, I've "been there, and done that" (still doing it)... I have the components and the relation ships with the suppliers/manufacturers/distributors for the buckets, the uniseals, and I'm making the lids (see the pic). I've been doing this for years, the "technology" in the UC is nothing new... If any of you are interested, here are my prices for the uniseals, I have all of the sizes, but these are the sizes that are most commonly used:

3/4" $1.67
1" $2.07
2" $4.38
3" $5.63

If you can find them cheaper, let me know and I'll beat it if i can. I'm trying to help you guys/gals, and have some "fun" while doing it... If no one objects, I'll start a thread and post all of my components

UC lids
J

Jalisco Kid

It must be getting hot and humid down there,a little testy lately. JK

Remember we were all there once.

L

Lost

Bavarian, seriously, no matter how much you read, do not mistake that for experience. Also, on top of the UC builds, check out the MPB build threads if for nothing more than to understand the theory behind the builds you see. (its just more people have DIY'd mpb's and alot of those peeps are smart..)

You may also want to start out in soil $ wise. Do you understand that you have about 5 grand in equiptment to buy before you even think about putting buckets together? No to mention the tools you may need to buy.

My last concern is it looks like your possibly moving out of the parents house with dreams of growing weed for a living. First off, most people grow because that is what is left in life for them. Living a solitary life, where you avoid interaction with new people, is hard for some people. Its not glamourous, quite the opposite Also you need to find a place to grow in and if your renting, you better live out in the boonies with owners that never check on the property. It also means no friends over, no parties, etc..

B

BavarianFarmer

Hey folks, I know I'm new-ish here... I try to keep my comments to a minimum (BF, not trying hi-jack, I'll start a new thread if you want me to...), but this is for the DIY's looking for components for your "UC's". Yes, you can build them cheaper than the "systems" that are on the market (it's been shown in numerous threads on here), especially when many of you/us already have the pumps, stones, etc... You may have seen my lids in another thread, some of you have "figured out" what i do, I'm a fabricator and I sell a few different systems and products globally (nothing to do with "farming"). In terms of being a manufacturer and savvy business owner/operator, I've "been there, and done that" (still doing it)... I have the components and the relation ships with the suppliers/manufacturers/distributors for the buckets, the uniseals, and I'm making the lids (see the pic). I've been doing this for years, the "technology" in the UC is nothing new... If any of you are interested, here are my prices for the uniseals, I have all of the sizes, but these are the sizes that are most commonly used:

3/4" $1.67
1" $2.07
2" $4.38
3" $5.63

If you can find them cheaper, let me know and I'll beat it if i can. I'm trying to help you guys/gals, and have some "fun" while doing it... If no one objects, I'll start a thread and post all of my components

Awesome man! I'm totally down for some bits and pieces! How much for lids that would fit the 13 gal system? No worry's about threadjacking etc. I dont give a damn, I'm just here to have a good time and learn.

Bavarian, seriously, no matter how much you read, do not mistake that for experience. Also, on top of the UC builds, check out the MPB build threads if for nothing more than to understand the theory behind the builds you see. (its just more people have DIY'd mpb's and alot of those peeps are smart..)

You may also want to start out in soil $ wise. Do you understand that you have about 5 grand in equiptment to buy before you even think about putting buckets together? No to mention the tools you may need to buy.

My last concern is it looks like your possibly moving out of the parents house with dreams of growing weed for a living. First off, most people grow because that is what is left in life for them. Living a solitary life, where you avoid interaction with new people, is hard for some people. Its not glamourous, quite the opposite Also you need to find a place to grow in and if your renting, you better live out in the boonies with owners that never check on the property. It also means no friends over, no parties, etc..

Haha definitely not still with the parents... I've gone to college and have been paying my own way for quite a few years now and am about 800 miles from any relatives. When I say a bigger place, I mean that my current apartment is too small. I've found a couple sweet places out in the woods which is what I really want. I love being away from civilization... even if it made me have an hour commute to work each day. And as far as tool's go, I'm set. I have over 20 thousand bucks in tools at work...(probably more) and I'm good with my hands, that's how I make my money. I dont even want to think about growing in dirt. Hydro is just so much more accurate. My current setup is pretty rad and have made a daily routine after getting home from work and making sure everything is in check PH/nute wise. My girl is drinking over a gallon a day now and she's only 49 days old.
Anyways... Like I say I've been working my ass off for the last few years and AM going to have a sweet undercurrent setup soon enough.
Thanks again for all the help and info and input guys!

Bavarian Farmer

Edit: When I said tools at work, I mean my own personal tools that I can take home with me at any time...

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Jack, you know it is.. With he 13 gallon upgrade, I see people being able to do at least what dd's did (about the same amounts of nutes in the mini res.) The thing is jack, people are still not pushing these systems to the max, especially the 27 gallon MPB's.
See this is why I asked JK dosent think 2 lbs ia a tree.:tongue0011:
I did not say anything bad about the system so why be so defensive. I just said it would be easier. I see by your thread titles you have done a second run. So by now you must have realized a better system in your head and I'll bet it doesn't include a 13 gal tank. Think about a 36 gal with the roots moving freely all around with air bubbles. A chaotic water flow not a current binding things together. Or even better yet a 36 gal tank misting the roots.
I would guess a tree starts around 2.5 lbs(with about 10 oz of good popcorn for hash). I do not track down pics but I have yet to see a real tree in one. Not that I do not believe it can be done. I make 13 gals but never ran one. My 20's are only a 1/3 bigger and my patients bounce around 2.5 and 2.85lb/plant. That Casey does look good.Been watching gtd with them. Suerte JK
Defensive? Where did I say you said something bad JK :wondering I simply asked what do you consider a tree and to be clear a tree indoors and you stated 2.5 lbs,Its pretty clear that you have a shit ton of knowledge and you have some really great knowledge, I am here two contribute and learn I have only been growing about a year and my first RDWC grow I hit the 2# mark with an amazing strain Chemdog #4. There is a reason the UC Buckets have had such great sucess they have documented grows by customers and there product and customer service is proven and fuckin great.,Im just saying look at what Under Current and DD'S have done they have both shown there systems and what they can and will do ..If you build it they will come if you show it they will buy it...So once and for all lets see a full tilt boogie system...:party0036:JACK

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

wow thats impressive 2.5 per plant, jack you got that this round, i be watching

J

Jalisco Kid

I am done.I have my company up for sale. I have a few friends who want to take over,and a couple of capitalist who want to take it commercial. I want to be home full time in Oct. I am going to become a dirt farmer,something I thought I would never say.
If a person can grow a 4 lber,and you feel a 2 lber is a tree what will something twice as big be called. I'll bet if I made a 36 gal uc you would have a bigger plant under less stress. JK

U

UNCLEJOE

I am done.I have my company up for sale. I have a few friends who want to take over,and a couple of capitalist who want to take it commercial. I want to be home full time in Oct. I am going to become a dirt farmer,something I thought I would never say.
JK

dang thats a big move for ya i would think ..

congrats on your decision

:joint:

J

jakew215

wow this thread was pointless.

sorry bf, most of that shit was uncalled for. idk whats up with people and always having something to bitch about

i wish i could comment on your UC but i plan on building my own system also, just a MPB.

The under currents look great too! just look a little more intimidating to myself.

Good Luck, Keep posting, dont let these "forum vets" get you down. They all posted noob threads at some point, not even saying that yours is, but there shit stinks too.

L

Lost

Why was my post telling everyone to chill and get along deleted?

This is getting to be too much..

B

BavarianFarmer

wow this thread was pointless.

sorry bf, most of that shit was uncalled for. idk whats up with people and always having something to bitch about

i wish i could comment on your UC but i plan on building my own system also, just a MPB.

The under currents look great too! just look a little more intimidating to myself.

Good Luck, Keep posting, dont let these "forum vets" get you down. They all posted noob threads at some point, not even saying that yours is, but there shit stinks too.

Thanks man! I'll probably make a new thread in a while once I get everything worked out. This thread has been a little crazy also.
Bavarian Farmer.

W

WeedTodd

Hey Jack you tool! I have to go back and edit previous posts so I can reply to your posts... You are a tool, really! I wish I knew where to find you... Get a clue, people on here don't really like you, people I talk to from here don't like you. You are a loud mouth with a poor attitude. Why don't you send me your address, and the next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I'll look you up... You tool!

B

BavarianFarmer

sounds good!! Well yeah I'm definitely interested in finding out the prices... I could just buy the buckets and uniseals and lids from you and save on shipping prices.

Bavarian Farmer

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Well... I just did the cost analysis on the lids, and I'm kind of surprised by the cost of plastic these days... I'll tell you my selling price, and then I'll break that price down for you all. For the 1/8" thick covers $13.41 each, for the 1/4" thick cover $20.07 each. Now for the breakdown:

1/8" ABS Haircell 4x8 sheet cost $80.00 1/4" ABS Haircell 4x8 sheet cost $160.00
works out to $4.44 per lid (cost) works out to $8.88 per lid (cost)
1.5 x the material cost= $6.66 1.5 x the material cost= $13.32
5 minutes labor(cnc)@$81/hr=$6.75 5 minutes labor(cnc)@$81/hr=$6.75
$13.41 each $20.07 each

Just to clarify... $81/hr is on the low end of shop rates for cnc and secondary ops, and normally, I would double the material cost on any materials...

Sorry for the sticker shock... if anyone is still interested, please let me know...

Yes Brah im interested can you post your name and number so I can call you.:rofl:fubar

B

BavarianFarmer

First post people ..just had to , hello all.
Here's what i'm doing
2 rdwc 8 site 13 gallon outfits so 18 buckets with lids
$371 from bay container.
Pondmaster 1200 gph pump $280
Av100 air pump $310
60 unseals $127 eBay he gave me a great deal
PVC $120
9" diffusers quantity 18 $321
Misc PVC,hose , net pots $100
So 1500 or so and I have 2 systems that are better and beefier that stock
Believe it or not......
Can't wait to fire these babys up
I say build your own and perfect it to your liking and save some cash..
Stock sucks !

Some how I missed your post!! It looks like you'll have an awesome system! Good luck!! I didn't even think of ebay for uniseals... thanks!
BF

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

WTF?

Deleted my post.....hmmmm, seems fishy.

Oh well, bye, bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom