Making brick hash?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I'm old school and my method is different from most. I crush the buds and sift through a 100 mesh(150 micron) to obtain as much kief as possible. The leftover is then washed in 190 proof everclear for 3-4minutes. Then the weed strained though filter and thown away. The everclear is then evaporated leaving only oil. Then i mix the oil with the kief and put it in a jar. The jar goes in the oven for 45 minutes @ 220. After cooling. the product is mixed and hand rolled into a ball. The product can then be eaten or smoked. If eating, I recommend starting at about 150mg to test the strength. 300 mg might get you higher than you want. If 150 turns out to be to strong, just lay on the couch and don't forget to breathe.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
4229D850 DE50 4805 9821 38EFFFC51755
How bout some kief pressed into Rosin?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm old school and my method is different from most. I crush the buds and sift through a 100 mesh(150 micron) to obtain as much kief as possible. The leftover is then washed in 190 proof everclear for 3-4minutes. Then the weed strained though filter and thown away. The everclear is then evaporated leaving only oil. Then i mix the oil with the kief and put it in a jar. The jar goes in the oven for 45 minutes @ 220. After cooling. the product is mixed and hand rolled into a ball. The product can then be eaten or smoked. If eating, I recommend starting at about 150mg to test the strength. 300 mg might get you higher than you want. If 150 turns out to be to strong, just lay on the couch and don't forget to breathe.
He’ll ya!
I like your style!!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
View attachment 961884How bout some kief pressed into Rosin?
Buddy of mine brought me some keef.
Asked me to turn it to hash form.
The way I’ve been doing, cellophane wrapper keef in wrapped tight, Then rolled in wet newspaper. Oven baked at 350f For 20min. Time consuming messy and the end product isn’t all that great. Still crumbles not like the old school shit I used to get in the 80s early 90s.

WankirA

WankirA

Makes my mouth water just looking at that pic!
Same, like going through a sweety shop window..(<licks glass like dopey dog>

Saw a uchoob vid showing a manual set up with a desk vice and a welded steel box the other day: it also explained why the layers of shitty plastic ended up in my soap bar!!

I got an auto with shit genetics worth of flower to process; these pics giving me ideas above my station.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Has anyone tried one of those hash brick press that you fill with keif and put in boiling water?

@212 degrees, that just sounds messy.

mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

That book by Clarke is my favorite. Old school rules.
I will choose properly aged brick hash or cannoli rolls over the high tech extracts ANY day.

Things I have learned over the years as I am about to press my 2020 harvest next week.

a) Cure and age your material like you planned to sell it as top shelf smoke. I try and grow enough that I can cure my harvest for a full year before step #2
b) Better that your buds are too DRY than even a hair too wet.
c) FREEZE the crap out your buds before, during and after the kief sifting process. I have a dedicated freezer where ALL Kief is stored until I am ready to press it.
d) Frozen buds get pulsed with three short bursts in a fancy coffee grinder then go back into the freezer until sifted. I found sifters made of metal so they are so cold my hands stick to them before I use a nylon brush to agitate the trichomes into kief. I get better quality doing this by hand than my fancy $600 tumbler.
e) Put frozen kief into a pre-form press that has been heated until its almost too hot to hold. I usually heat it in a double boiler. Using a wine bottle full of boiling water can work well too for small batches.
f) press, remove, fold in half, repeat
g) if it crumbles its too impure or not warm enough, if it sticks to everything like goo it may be too hot. (I like my hash blonde)
h) finished product should cool to room temp then into a glass container and BACK in the freezer.

I dont add oils, alcohol or use ovens. Parchment paper in the pre-press works nice.
For a BIG batch I combine several small bricks using a device from the 19th century called a 'Copy Press' that I restored myself...it looks just like this and cost me $75

couzican

couzican

Not to blow your candle guys but to make hash is pretty easy.
if you have a nugsmasher or even a kief press... (Nugsmasher better coz u got heat)
buy one of those aluminum presses which will fit in Nugsmasher.fill with kief
heat to about130F and press like hell...leave it in press for a bit (few minutes)
and voila.. heat press works for me because of the heat. When Afghanis make hash they heat the kief and roll it into hash ball

Top Bottom