Making Cannabis infused homebrew wine?

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Hello folks

My friend has a large apple tree in his back garden and we collected several pounds of nice big apples tonight, there will be many more as the wind blows down the rest on the higher branches. Neither of us has any home brewing experience so I'm hoping someone with experience can point me in the direction of how to turn these apples into a delicious wine or cider. I plan to add hash powder from my harvest into the brew too, anyone got any experience of this?

Bruce the Bastard Brewer makes some wicked homebrew cider with added cannabis so I'm keen to try it myself.

T

thc4sim

Psycho Cider....
you got the recipie off bruce??, ill dig out the thread i got the details somewhere..
can you get cider press??

B

British_Hempire

Nah, not got a cider press but I'm sure we can improvise, it's just crushing apples and collecting the juice innit?

Save your trim and we will have to fir up the tumbler and make a load of kif to add to the wine, I remember when we were chatting to Bruce he said he added the trim to the mash bag and it worked like making bubble, but I see no reason why adding kif powder at the right part in the process wouldn't work just as well.

Make half a dozen bottles, be nice for xmas and new year, have to take a bottle over on dec 13th for the weed cup, get everyone blitzed! lol

B

British_Hempire

The basic recipe for making cider just involves a load of apples which I have free and some basic brewing supplies I can get from Wilkos cheap. I guess the taste of the cider will depend on the apples used, but free outdoor organic apples should be nice, I dunno what sort of apples they are, it's a big old apple tree in my mate's back garden, must be 100 years old or more, so they are some heirloom British type. I think they are cooking apples, they look like they are.

Extract the juice from the apples. Put aside 4 fl oz of juice and add to this dried champagne yeast and 1 tsp of sugar. Put in a warm place for 2 days. Add 1 crushed campden tablet to the main body of the juice and leave covered for 48 hours. Check the pH and the OG and adjust as necessary. Add pectolase if required. Add the yeast starter. Rack after 2 weeks. When the gravity reaches 1005, rack and add 1 crushed campden tablet. Leave 2 weeks. Bottle and leave to mature for 4-5 months.

I wonder if the kif will impart any flavour to the cider?

K

Karma Genetics

it will defantly bring taste to the cider. I have no experience with wine ore cider makeing. But i did make a few rum's Take some high percentage alc. Put in a 70cl bottle about 10 grams quality bud. Then let it sit in there for max 5 min with some shaking. then run through a screen. When you let it stand longer the taste is getting worst by all the green. Put the rum back in the bottle together with some bannana and cinnamon. Let stand atleast 2 weeks.

And there you go a real party killer..........,:puke:devil

its will taste very strong of herbs.

T

thc4sim

BH, i found an old thread for the cyco cider:

CycoCyder (first made 1995)
10 litres pure apple juice (If you have a fruit press and access to bucket loads of apples this is best otherwise 100% PURE apple juice best from a health food shop ,but any 100% pure juice with NO ADDITIVES OR SUGARS ETC. will do)
15 litres water
6kgs sugar (4kgs sugar /2kgs glucose)
Wine yeast(strong white wine/Champagne) and Cider yeast (this is optional as this is more for flavour)

How to add the marijuana? I basically have just stuck the weed in a brewing bag (very similar to a bubble bag) and stuck it in a bucket of water and add ice and mash it around(Sound familiar?) With the solution you have left after you remove the brewing bag and contents you add this to the brew at secondry fermintation.NEVER just throw in weed ,this will encourage infections and effect the flavour very badly,usually its tastes like rotting vegitation ,also this lets the cannaboids seep into your brew and will make the effect of the brew very downer,stoney,red eyed ,only useful if you suffer from insomnia :-)

First mix apple juice and 12ltrs water( add some boiled water to bring the temperature to about 20-24C) and add 4kgs of sugar and mix well
Place yeast in a pint glass with sugar and warm water.Leave for 10mins and check you can see froth forming.(this means the yeast has kicked in)
Add this frothing yeast to the bucket and mix well.
Leave for about 3/4 weeks or until frothing has died down.Keep in a covered fermanting bin DO NOT SEAL THE CONTAINER(The time really depends on the yeast you are using so check on the packet)
Now filter the solution into another bucket,the solution should not be sweet(do not be too fussy about the filtering) add the marijuana solution approx 3ltrs.(see process above) and add the last 2kgs sugar or if you want smaller finer bubbles add glucose( you may need to add a bit extra for glucose,if you have been really enthusiastic about filtering you may need to add more yeast as well,if the solution is still really sweet add less sugar)
Leave for about 2weeks and then filter into another bin and leave to settle for a week and then bottle.
If you want sparkling wine or cider it is best to add a 1/2 cup of glucose into another bin and filter the cycocyder into this bin and then bottle.You should have sparkling wine or cider within 2 weeks.
WARNING
MAKING SPARKLING WINES CAN LEAD TO EXPLODING BOTTLES .DO NOT SECURE THE CORKS ON BOTTLES WHILE FERMENTING IN BOTTLES.

This should produce a clear sweet cider.
Use less sugar if you want a dry cider -1kg sugar -1/2(Half)glucose
Also the sugar amount will vary to the yeasts you use ,the amounts I use are designed for MAXIMUM STRENGTH cider so you may find using less suits you better.
Also if you are using refined apple juice reverse the amounts of apple juice and water.Thus Apple 15ltr water 10ltr. The amount I quote is for thick pressed apple juice.
Hope you budding home brewers find this useful..

niceOne mate!!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
OMG, this sounds like an evil concoction. LOL

H

hazyfontazy

omg it sounds great ,,,

ive had many a session on the bastard brew ,never got to try the cider ,but the wine was fucking awesome ,,

go for it bh,
what ya really need is a jail recipe ,,nice and simple and very potent ,,,

any ex jailbirds know how to make hooch ?

i'll try google
alas if we cant find 1 then we'll have to improvise ,i'm a very willing tester and can drink anything ,so brew an extra gallon for me lol

keep it up

F

FastForward

Whatever happens it gives you the perfect excuse to get some CO2 in :) All I know without doing some heavy googling is that thc is alcohol soluble, so I'm guessing that it's better to add it either towards the end of the fermentation process, or even afterwards altogether to keep the heat and water/low alcohol away. Will do some searching...

B

British_Hempire

Well, i have the apples and my friend is keen to do the brewing at his place so all we need is sugar, yeast, a barrel, bottles, all can be had from Wilkos dead cheap. The other component is the trim to make the kif, any donations of trim will be much appreciated! I reckon we can make about 50 bottles worth, so if you contribute some trim will get some bottles.

Hey hazy, we could do separate batches - NYCD brew, ECSD brew, Haze brew lol

B

British_Hempire

One other thought, I can pick wild Blackberries, they grow everywhere here so can get as many as I want, I wonder what Blackberry cider would be like?

H

hazyfontazy

i'll start saving trim and popcorn buds ,,,you know what i'm like i love a drink :rofl

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
ahhh, blackberrys man. This sounds wonderful. ECSD blackberry cider, oh yes.

I would happily go a few days with out my pharma meds so I can have a try of that stuff.

Nevilles cinamon and apple cider?

B

British_Hempire

Right, I shall collect the wild fruit in plentiful quantity and get down to Wilkos and get some brewing supplies and get cracking.

Get saving that trim lads, I reckon I can have an early sample brew ready for the November gathering in London, but of course it will need time to mature after that.

F

Foxy Trees

Hey together !

British Hempire,
what a nice thread you started here, it is always great to see people coming up with something different.
Your idea to collect wild berries and add them to your brew sounds very good, too. This stuff has to be quite tasty when finished, wild blackberies, hmmmmmmmmm!!

I wish you Good Luck with your brewing BH, and please let us all know how this turns out in the end.

Cheers :sun

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

BH this sounds very intresting

i want to make sum now, but i dont drink alchohol lol but you guys make me wanna drink sum by adding the weed lol

N

NeuroHerb

Sounds good there Hempire, my mothers boyfriend used to make cider when we were kids but I have no memory of the process. I did make a cannabis version of a rumtoft last year where you soak fruits of the seaon in a jar full of rums, I just added buds from each grow into it as well. It was really good drink last new year even made me have a few myself and I don't drink anymore.

Top Bottom