Making Neem Oil Foliar Applications Smell Good...wtf?

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

I know you won't believe it. Lol. When I do my neem oil/ silica/ aloe/ warm water concoction I add about 5 drops of organic lemon grass essential oil which serves a dual purpose.

It not only makes neem applications give a pleasant aroma but also adds an added layer of defense against pestilence. They can't stand the smell. I plan on growing some in my no till container as a deterrent as a companion.

For an impenetrable double armor wall layer of defense (which i prefer) add 2 drops of peppermint oil, rosemary oil, or lavender oil. Chamomile oil is useful as a fungicide. I even rotate the oils that I pair with the lemon grass oil but I'm paranoid. You would be also if you've fought off a russet mite infestation and beat it back only to have them try to seek revenge on your crops during flower.

Keeping your plant's SAR up is the most important IPM of all but practicing proper weekly foliar neem oil applications until your first bud sighting will ensure your plants a smooth bug free blooming period. Neem is absorbed into the plants tissue and stays suspended in cell walls for up to 2 weeks.

Take my word. Not all neem oil is created equal. I'm sure you've heard of neem resource or dynagro. Their cold press process yields the highest concentrations of lemoids.

All natural soaps work great 1/2 tsp per quart. No silica needed if you use soap.

Making neem oil foliar applications smell goodwtf

Just thought some fellow farmboys and ladies may find this helpful.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Lmao...use the Meyers dish soap. It will emulsify better.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I like baby shampoo

Just don't use antibacterial soap. It's bad for the bennies in the soil.

hillbil

hillbil

Dr bronners works well and I like it for my hands for retaining at least some moisture. Also use it to shave with.
Neem oil that is 70% generally has 30% soap. Some add lemon or orange scent.

Top Bottom