Making tincture or everclear shatter...????

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I would do a qwiso using frozen product and everclear never ended up with a shatter consistency always ended up with a pull or tac.
Old thread from 2016 . Do a search for
Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

My toaster oven goes down to 170f in convection mode

Or water bath in big frying pan

What should I do to heat it up n collect it in the corner

I wana do toaster oven and put a tiny pan in there to tilt it just a tiny bit but worry 170 will burn some off and I only have a tiny bit??

Advice??

Please n thanks

C113702D 2C6C 49C9 A1A6 6146D113D892
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
My toaster oven goes down to 170f in convection mode

. . .

I wana do toaster oven and put a tiny pan in there to tilt it just a tiny bit but worry 170 will burn some off and I only have a tiny bit??

Advice??

Please n thanks

Holy Shit Batman! I don't mean to be rude; however I sense the need to be direct here.

Did I read this wrong or did you just say you were going to put a HIGHLY flammable & explosive liquid/vapor into an electrical device with exposed heating elements in excess of 170 degrees? I am going to bet that the switch on that unit is not certified for use in a flammable environment. What is going to happen when that liquid turns to vapor and makes its way throughout your house and you waltz back into the room and turn the switch off, or turn the room light on? (assuming it doesn't blow well before then).

Make sure your life insurance is paid up & PLEASE make sure the children are not home!

What could possible go wrong here? 😢

Step away and THINK; before you kill yourself or more likely yourself & someone else!

If you are really going to to this type of distillation, an understanding of basic science is a must. Please read, read, read. When you think you have it down; read some more.

Happy Farming; Please stay safe. 😎🍻

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

The toaster reference has been completely taken out of text without reading through this thread.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/iso-everclear-slab-no-butane.78135/

I would run my wash through a distiller and take that 1/2 cup or so that was left dump it in the Pyrex dish and set THAT on top of a toaster (not in) oven to evaporate off the last little bit of everclear.

I recovered most of the everclear to wash again.

Screenshot 20201215 143920 Samsung Internet
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The toaster reference has been completely taken out of text without reading through this thread.

I would run my wash through a distiller and take that 1/2 cup or so that was left dump it in the Pyrex dish and set THAT on top of a toaster (not in) oven to evaporate off the last little bit of everclear.

My bad I didn't not read the thread. Just scary thought and did not wanna see anyone get hurt. I still didn't read it but if there is no alcohol then thats different.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

No, there's alcohol involved but just what you see in the picture. Just sitting that out at room temp would evaporate whats there in a couple days. Sitting the dish on top of the toaster oven set on low cuts the evaporation time in half

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

I am truly glad I am the one who misunderstood. I apologize for going bonkers but I was truly concerned for your safety.

Please accept my apologies. ☹ 🍻

RookieBC

RookieBC

I made this 3 nights ago. 99% Iso from outdoor buds that had been under my house for a year. Most of the THCA has probably turned to CBN. But I've never made hash oil that comes out liquid lol always like this . I made some a couple months ago from freshy cured bud and same thing hard as a rock. First pic is new stuff 2 and 3 are what it looked like 3 days ago last pic is stuff from the a couple months ago. No heat used.
PXL 20201217 062721679
PSX 20201211 010023
PSX 20201211 005951
PXL 20201108 192417614

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Holy Shit Batman! I don't mean to be rude; however I sense the need to be direct here.

Did I read this wrong or did you just say you were going to put a HIGHLY flammable & explosive liquid/vapor into an electrical device with exposed heating elements in excess of 170 degrees? I am going to bet that the switch on that unit is not certified for use in a flammable environment. What is going to happen when that liquid turns to vapor and makes its way throughout your house and you waltz back into the room and turn the switch off, or turn the room light on? (assuming it doesn't blow well before then).

Make sure your life insurance is paid up & PLEASE make sure the children are not home!

What could possible go wrong here? 😢

Step away and THINK; before you kill yourself or more likely yourself & someone else!

If you are really going to to this type of distillation, an understanding of basic science is a must. Please read, read, read. When you think you have it down; read some more.

Happy Farming; Please stay safe. 😎🍻

No

This is 36 hrs later, just the oil I’m trying to collect well

I know what I’m doing somewhat. But I have two brothers, a chemist and chemical engineer and i lay out my plan to one of them for safety

From the pic did u really think I was tossing everclear into a toaster oven...???

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I read the whole thread in 2014-2016 that was suggested to me

My bro who is the chem engineer thought evaporations from above a toaster oven was risky.

I use a heat mat for seeds, a 5 inch fan or put in a vented tent n push that shit outside

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

So I am trying to make better n consist batches. Shatter to pull n snap type quality

I use it make rso a lot, my batches are over the place end result. I have a lot of outdoor trim and even buds. Shatter, rso/shatter, pull snap, sauce ish rso, etc

A shit ton of indoor trim, but all it’s 4-13% thc (guessing)

With short soaks, swirling a bit I get my everclear light green to light brown.

I run weed/trim through 190 micron paint filter, than coffee filters til I’m not getting much in them at all.

I probably use 5 after the paint filter. I let them soak in iso before I use them.

I freeze trim, bud, everclear in separate jars for 24 hr prior to mixing. I winterize final product 24 hr after straining and go through 2 more coffee filters to get anything I can

Than evap in 24 oz jar for 3hr on old coffee maker in my garage, than pour into Pyrex dish. I sometimes tilt it as the hrs go so it collects into one side.

3 different batches

A8E73DC4 B6A4 4766 B0A9 93ABCF0741C1
054C8F90 EC64 4112 B31A 5FA2E1A89E89
23050B82 B8C3 40EF AD8B B03C2319452A
Top Bottom