Malachi new 3 x 4.5 scrog

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

Ok so here is the scenario. I am just finishing up my current grow (taking out the ax friday) and am planning my next setup. I currently have some space limitations and am running a 4x4 tent(its actually 4.5 x 4.5). I have a couple of air-cooled 430W HPS lights setup side by side, a 40 gal res., and just purchased a 2 x 4 ebb and flow tray. I have 22 indiana bubblegum cuts already rooted and in veg under a T-5. What I plan on doing is building a custom 3 x 4.5 scrog out of PVC and erecting it about 18" from the lpants. This will give me 64/W sq. ft. I am going to get 21 Emily's pots and fill them with coco. These will be placed on top of a 2" hydroton base for better drainage. The plants will be spaced out 3 x 7.

I am currently running 6" rockwool cubes and I wanna move on to coco. The rockwool is a pain in the ass to flush, plus coco is biodegradable.

This is my nutrient schedule that I will be using this round. I am thinking about adding some silica blast and sweet by botanicare. I am super excited to get this grow under way and will update with some pictures as soon as I start construction.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Malachi has SCROG fever now. LOL! Scogs are awesome and I bet yours turns out great. I will be watching you pull this off. The Joker is midway and you are going to be starting so scrog shows are hot tickets right now. Nice strain too.

Consider me subscribed.

M

Malachi

Yea, you could say that LOL. I have been running SOG, but have been having some issues with the wave effect. Some plants even if they are clones seem to grow at different rates in veg. I think introducing the trealace will help train them and get an even canopy. I am really excited to get this underway.

S

SRHninja

Your working with basically same amount of space as me im sure your ceiling is higher then 5'9.. im either going to do ebb and flow or DWC... EBB & Flow i could do a SOG y not add a scrog to it? has that been done? or sennse you only vege half the time and the plant is so short you wouldnt do scrog with sog? im subscribed cant wait to learn from this!

M

Malachi

Your working with basically same amount of space as me im sure your ceiling is higher then 5'9.. im either going to do ebb and flow or DWC... EBB & Flow i could do a SOG y not add a scrog to it? has that been done? or sennse you only vege half the time and the plant is so short you wouldnt do scrog with sog? im subscribed cant wait to learn from this!

Yea, I am basically doing a SOG with a custom net trealace on top for more of an even canopy. So it will technically be a SCROG. I have a couple of bigger plants I am going to throw in the mix also, so the net will be a must. But yea my tent is like 7 feet tall i think.

If its your first hydro grow I would recommend an ebb and flow with rockwool on top of coco mat or another medium. The medium acts as a buffer so it is a little more forgiving then a NFT or DWC setup where the roots are constantly in solution.

winta

winta

thats what up malachi! sounds like u gonna be doin some nice numbers of dankage!

S

SRHninja

sure does! and i love the phrase THE BEST REVENGE IS SUCCESS... i love phrases that are life lessons... 5 words sometimes takes a life time to understand.. good luck with this grow! ill be watching

winta

winta

thanx :) that state of mind saved my life on plenty occasions! malachi i cant wait to see this your gonna be like a kid in a candy store.....well....a bubblegum store lol

sure does! and i love the phrase THE BEST REVENGE IS SUCCESS... i love phrases that are life lessons... 5 words sometimes takes a life time to understand.. good luck with this grow! ill be watching

M

Malachi

I got some supplys today while I was out and about, so 2 more days before construction begins....

S

SRHninja

well this is where it gets fun lol... Measure twice cut once! haha

M

Malachi

I have been real busy the past few days, I have a bunch of stuff going on right now. I constructed a custom scrog out of cpvc and string. I drilled holes every 2 inches and ran the string in a grid pattern. If you plan on doing this I would suggest using 1" or placing a brace in the center to prevent it from bowing. It is actually quite sturdy and I am about to put it to good use.

M

Malachi

I have been real busy the past few days, I have a bunch of stuff going on right now. I constructed a custom scrog out of cpvc and string. I drilled holes every 2 inches and ran the string in a grid pattern. If you plan on doing this I would suggest using 1" or placing a brace in the center to prevent it from bowing. It is actually quite sturdy and I am about to put it to good use.:rasta2:

H

HypnoToad

Hi Malachi,

I'll be watching this grow. You Know, in sac we have a small cab that grows about six plants with a side chamber for a mother. Real small grow, but we use the entire GH line. I'm starting the think that all we need id the grow micro bloom and hygrozyme. Anyway, one thing I noticed about the 2 harvests we had was that if you flush to the GH directions (3 days before with their flushing solution) everything tastes the same....lemony. Just FYI from a new grower.

Peace and Happy Growing,
HT

M

Malachi

Ok well the plants are in and the res. is running. Finally. I love harvest time, but hate it at the same time. So much work when it comes to tearing down and setting back up, trimming etc. I decided to go with my 3x3 tray, and put 2 of my mother plants in with my clones. I am going to scrog it anyway so I will train them good. I already supercropped the hell out of them. I decided to go with hydroton this time instead of coco mats. I wanna compare and see the difference. I have heard that hydroton works well with rockwool so we will see. I am running a little different nutrient schedule as above. I added rhino skin and bud candy to the list above. So I plan on vegging these for probally about 2-3 weeks and then putting the screen up. I am only running 1 of my lights right now for veg, and have my tray slid over to one side. When I put the screen in I will center the tray in the tent and fire up both lights, veg for another week then flip them.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is a sweet looking string net you made. That was a labor of love. Why didn't you use chicken wire or trellis netting? I mean you did great but that had to be time consuming. You were high as a kite and time flew though didn't it? It always does for weed growing projects.

This grow is off and running now. woohoo!! I hope you scrog a pound or two guy.

M

Malachi

Thanks Winta!

That is a sweet looking string net you made. That was a labor of love. Why didn't you use chicken wire or trellis netting? I mean you did great but that had to be time consuming. You were high as a kite and time flew though didn't it? It always does for weed growing projects.

This grow is off and running now. woohoo!! I hope you scrog a pound or two guy.

Well I looked at some other options like chicken wire and trellis netting, but they weren't just right. The trellis netting the spacing seems a little bit too big and the chicken wire the spacing was a little too small. I was looking for the goldy lox scrog, lol. I think that 2 x 2 spacing is perfect for the scrog. After constructing this I did find some 2 x 2 plastic garden fence at Lowes! Oh well it was like 30 bucks a roll and I think I have like 9 bucks in this custom one I built.

Top Bottom