Malathion and Cadmium Showing Up on Commercial Cannabis Tests

• Thread starter Bkewlbro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bkewlbro

Bkewlbro

Hey guys. I'm having a bit of an issue... Our past 2 harvests we have popped dirty tests at one of the commercial grows I'm currently at. I'm only pulling 4 hours a day there and the owners do all the grunt work... So 3 months ago, the owners decided to spray our entire crop with Malathion, I'm pretty sure directly, although he's only admitting to spraying with a contaminated sprayer for spider mites. Prior, I had sprayed the rooms down while empty 5 months prior and left the malathion up there like an idiot. So I'll take blame for the malathion being up there in the first place... We've also been popping hot for Cadmium. I've got that pegged down to some rock phos we had purchased within a 45 day window of us buying the product so I'm pretty sure we've got the cadmium issue taken care of but I figure I'll include all issues. Has anyone heard of Malathion lasting so long? I know it has a pretty short half life when exposed to light and air, like 2-8 day half life and a 45 day half life when in soil/coco. The Owner says he didn't water with it tho... IDK! Steps we're taking is throwing out all coco and scrog nets and we've beyond flushed and rinsed all plants. What do you guys think? Where could this be coming from for so long? Any things I might be looking past?

I'm headed to the grow now so I'll check back when I get home. But yea this sucks... Right now we're stuck with about 40lbs of product we can't sell and we have a harvest every 3 weeks for about 20lbs. Weirdest thing is, we had a passing test in between the the first dirty test and this last dirty test(barely within limit)

Thanks guys for any ideas!

Bkewlbro

Bkewlbro

oh and don't think it really matters but we're using Jacks 3 2 1

Dr.B

Dr.B

Damn, that stinks! I have nothing helpful to add I'm sorry, but I'm suddenly thinking of every idiot grower I've spoken to in the last 6 months who refuses to flush out their crop at the end. Boggles the mind. Trading yield for life expectancy... Mmmm! Cadmium!

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

I don't think flushing will help get rid of Malathion, but what would I know I'm an idiot for not flushing my cannabis.

My question is why would any grower have malathion to begin with? Unless they have a massive bug problem.

I'm sure glad I decided 20+ years ago to grow my own. no telling how many toxins I've managed to avoid ingesting.

Top Bottom