Male? Female? Hermaphrodite? Any insight much appreciated :)

• Thread starter VTfarmerguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VTfarmerguy

VTfarmerguy

Hi all,

newbie grower here - I have a plant that is about 3 months in outside. I could have sworn it was female until about 3 days ago when I tied down a few branches… now it looks male?? Is this due to the stress of tying?
Any insight would be appreciated as I want to rip this thing up ASAP if male!

Male female hermaphrodite any insight much appreciated
Male female hermaphrodite any insight much appreciated 2
Male female hermaphrodite any insight much appreciated 3
Male female hermaphrodite any insight much appreciated 4
VTfarmerguy

VTfarmerguy

Thanks all - wondering if you think tying down some of the branches may have lead to this outcome? Read somewhere that stressing a plant like that may lead to it becoming male… but I may be wrong

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Usually from what I have seen and also put my autos through this grow is, not usually with LST. They should be fine with it even in flower. I have had to LST my autos way more than I wanted and defoliate a bit every other day.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

No, Cannabis can take a lot of physical abuse. This plant is a male.

The kind of thing that will make a female hermie is picking it back too much or interrupting dark periods. Generally, the plant has to think the end is near and it needs to get its genes out in the world, before it's too late.

thcoso

thcoso

It's a boy!!!!!!

If you like the strain from which it came and it is far enough for any females, let him start to open the sacks then cut a couple of branches then place the branch ends with the male pollen in ziplock bags then place ziplock bag in an airtight containers then place the airtight containers in side your freezer for future use. That way, if you ever want to seed a flower, you have a controlled supply of pollen that may be applied with a tooth pic or Q-tip with the cotton removed to a very small area of a female flower to create a small seed stock (5-10 seeds). however, there will be some male plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom