Male/female Ratios

• Thread starter Buzzer777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Still trying to get my head around all of this.
If I cross a Regular male with a female from a feminized seed..
Would the resulting seeds have a ratio of 75% female and 25% male, since the female plant has no male chromosomes ; or would the resulting seeds have the "normal" 50-50 mix?

I am collecting regular pollen from a The Deputy True Male and hopefully some female pollen from CS treated Gorilla Wreck#4 and Cackleberry females..
Interesting..Both CS treated females have sacs..but the REGULAR Cackleberry fem/male is way ahead of the GW#4 and the sacs are better developed Both the same age)..Hopefully there is pollen in them:)

OH..@GT21..
Get yo gals ready..we're comin for ya..LMAO

Hide salami

Last edited:
M

MrGreenGreen

Still trying to get my head around all of this.
If I cross a Regular male with a female from a feminized seed..
Would the resulting seeds have a ratio of 75% female and 25% male, since the female plant has no male chromosomes ; or would the resulting seeds have the "normal" 50-50 mix?

I am collecting regular pollen from a The Deputy True Male and hopefully some female pollen from CS treated Gorilla Wreck#4 and Cackleberry females..
Interesting..Both CS treated females have sacs..but the REGULAR Cackleberry fem/male is way ahead of the GW#4 and the sacs are better developed Both the same age)..Hopefully there is pollen in them:)

OH..@GT21..
Get yo gals ready..we're comin for ya..LMAO

View attachment 787499
No what happens is that 25% would probably be hermie. A feminized seed or an s1 is made from an expressed hermaphrodite.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

No what happens is that 25% would probably be hermie.
Thanks for the reply..
I still don't get it..Why would they be prone to hermie, assuming if the parents were pretty stable, and the cross was assumingly stable as well..???????

M

MrGreenGreen

Thanks for the reply..
I still don't get it..Why would they be prone to hermie, assuming if the parents were pretty stable, and the cross was assumingly stable as well..???????
I editted above. They force a hermie to express to make a s1 seed.

M

MrGreenGreen

Best thing to do is to find a true xx female and make her mommie. I will subject mine to light leaks to weed out the xxy.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

If I pollinated a DIFFERENT strain..It would not be a S1 or???
This shit is not good for thinking on a wake up high..LOL

Top Bottom