Male of hermie ?

• Thread starter pitchdope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pitchdope

This is an unknown C99 fem genetic pheno recovering from most likely from nitrogen toxicity (not every plant goes dark ) .
So ,is this now a hermie?If so ,where are the pistils & why i only see pollen sacs? Can it be reverted to fem if sacks removed?
Can i keep it for breed in other room ?Any thoughts?

Male of hermie
Male of hermie 2
Male of hermie 3
Male of hermie 4
P

pitchdope

Those are pistils not pollen sacks, probably a female.
I am not a grow master and that is a really happy answer for me but I haven't seen pistills expressed like this in the past even in the same pheno
( i have grown this c99 expression again ,from the same breeder in the past)
Thank you for your reply!

TerriR

TerriR

I am not a grow master and that is a really happy answer for me but I haven't seen pistills expressed like this in the past even in the same pheno
( i have grown this c99 expression again ,from the same breeder in the past)
Thank you for your reply!
I have a couple like that...they are female...no balls to be found. I think it is strain specific.

F6770987 EE89 4FC5 8250 710FE717BFCF
P

pitchdope

Guys i am really happy ,may the holy grail
I have a couple like that...they are female...no balls to be found. I think it is strain specific.
is this a sativa or sativa hybrid ? Strain ?
Thank you for your answer dude appreciated

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are the seeds feminized? Some feminized plants show undetermined preflowers like that. White pistils should grow out of them in time.

P

pitchdope

Are the seeds feminized? Some feminized plants show undetermined preflowers like that. White pistils should grow out of them in time.
Yes they are ,that is why i am thinking of turning to hermie after stress .
So everybody agrees that i should leave it in the veg room until further notice as i see .

TerriR

TerriR

Guys i am really happy ,may the holy grail

is this a sativa or sativa hybrid ? Strain ?
Thank you for your answer dude appreciated
Yes, Sativa hybrid...not feminized. I read somewhere that if the structure is pointed, it is female...if rounded, then male....and that has been my (limited) experience. The males I’ve had showed as a ball on a stalk....and def different than these.

TerriR

TerriR

Yes they are ,that is why i am thinking of turning to hermie after stress .
So everybody agrees that i should leave it in the veg room until further notice as i see .
I am keeping mine that look like that....at least until I see something more nefarious. ⚾

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
That is some strange stuff, but it looks like the pistils are peeking out of the bulb, or maybe it's my old eyes. I DON'T see any pollen balls, though.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
TRIA can give you some funky growth. I think it works well but it DID cause a lot of foxtailing in my experience. I don't see that as a problem for the most part since it is not being sold or being nominated for a photo competition. I saw a notable increase in size and smell. I've applied it a total of 3 times and I'm happy with the results. Not a mutant, just large buds :)

P

pitchdope

That is some strange stuff, but it looks like the pistils are peeking out of the bulb, or maybe it's my old eyes. I DON'T see any pollen balls, though.
I forgot to mention that this plant is treated with foliar spray of triacontanol for bushier foliage and shorter internodes .Really worked to the plant ,it really has many many tops for the stems numbers.So ,maybe it is an protection mechanism that maybe triggered from tria to protect pistils ? Any ideas on this ?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I forgot to mention that this plant is treated with foliar spray of triacontanol for bushier foliage and shorter internodes .Really worked to the plant ,it really has many many tops for the stems numbers.So ,maybe it is an protection mechanism that maybe triggered from tria to protect pistils ? Any ideas on this ?

It works on hormones so it can cause weird growth i believe. But i use no additives and have had indeterminate pre flowers before with fem seeds. In fact the old website for the seeds i was growing showed pics of them so growers would not panic.

Even if they turn into male flowers you are safe for a minute. Until they open.....

But you would have plenty of time to remove them or the plant before pollination could happen.

Top Bottom