Forthepeople

Can someone help me learn how to identify the sex are these male or females

Male or females
Male or females 2
Male or females 3
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thought so both of them right

The middle pic is less sure then the other two pics. But yeah sorry those are balls. The balls grow in bunches on stalks. Female calyx have no stalk and 2 little white hairs grow out of them.

Forthepeople

Forthepeople

Thanks for the help brother...so I'm thinking 3 males...would you agree with these pictures...I'm pulling the one clear one with balls right now should I pull the other or wait a day

20200128 184009
20200128 184220
20200128 184259
20200128 184346
20200128 184534
detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Maybe last one is a female. But then again, depends how you acquired the beans..could be some males,females,and Hermes

Keep an eye on them

dire wolf

dire wolf

All males?
The one that you wrote " female" is female.....

You will get it after another grow or two , its as simple as your first impression, the balls cluster vs the female set of whiskers ( like cat whiskers) thats it !
No other mystery , balls vs wiskers....
P.S. i been growing a lot , and usually i prefer non fem seeds , i prefer regular seeds like you have

Also there is the case of " hermaphrodite) which usually starts off female , then grows into both male ( balls) and female ( whiskers) on same plant, normally considered trash as it will now pose a threat to your remaining crop by dropping pollen on everything , there by stoping your buds from growing and instead it will produce , usually undesirable seeds.....
But dont disrespect the male, you may one day want to make seeds
And you will be as proud or even more proud of a good male in your possesion...

Last edited:
Forthepeople

Forthepeople

The one that you wrote " female" is female.....

You will get it after another grow or two , its as simple as your first impression, the balls cluster vs the female set of whiskers ( like cat whiskers) thats it !
No other mystery , balls vs wiskers....
P.S. i been growing a lot , and usually i prefer non fem seeds , i prefer regular seeds like you have

Also there is the case of " hermaphrodite) which usually starts off female , then grows into both male ( balls) and female ( whiskers) on same plant, normally considered trash as it will now pose a threat to your remaining crop by dropping pollen on everything , there by stoping your buds from growing and instead it will produce , usually undesirable seeds.....
But dont disrespect the male, you may one day want to make seeds
And you will be as proud or even more proud of a good male in your possesion...
Thanks brother

dire wolf

dire wolf

You got it , dont be hatin the males ! Just ask chemdog , the guy who developed the chem strains , he says his biggest mistake was throwing out his male plant in the early 90 's

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You got it , dont be hatin the males ! Just ask chemdog , the guy who developed the chem strains , he says his biggest mistake was throwing out his male plant in the early 90 's

Hes no breeder. He just knows now how much a male chem would have been worth.

Top Bottom