Male or hermaphrodite

• Thread starter Donodiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

If you already have more of those lights on hand use them sure, but like @Happysmoke said, i wouldnt waste anymore money on them. Save for something more like a quantum board thats 150w+.
Viparspectra has new ones out on amazon i just got a pro series p1500 for 170. Also got a 240w 3000k lm301b+660nm/meanwell setup for $220.

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

I wouldn't spend anymore on those lights, they will disappoint you. I don't use led currently but if I were trying to grow on a budget I would look into the highest wattage led I could afford. Pick a brand with a decent following and track record like Mars, philozon, or spiderfarmer. They all have decent lights for cheap on the big A or elsewhere.
Thank you il look at those brands I can spend like 350 or less atm is that a good price range or would a good one for me be more than that? What do u run for lighting? I decided to start with leds cause I figured it was harder to screw up

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Yeah them seem fine. Just keep an eye for any of those male parts :p
As for the light, yes more light. And they are close now, but they should have been closer younger to prevent that aweful stretch, i suggest some sticks to support them, once the buds come in they may try to flop over
Ok so how close should the light be throughout the stages the box said a foot and a half but that seemed way to far I have these young autoflower seedlings I just started with an led from the same company how do u think that looks? I just raised the light about 4 in today cause they were growing horizontal

IMG 20200503 101214
IMG 20200503 090522
IMG 20200503 091000
Screenshot 20200503 090752
IMG 20200503 090529
IMG 20200503 090512
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

You want 35-50watts per square foot of grow area with LED. 8 plants.... So 3x3ish? You will need about 300watts

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

You want 35-50watts per square foot of grow area with LED. 8 plants.... So 3x3ish? You will need about 300watts
How much sq ft should a plant take up ? My closet is 7x2
Is that small led good for clones and seedlings before veg? How far from the top should the light be?

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Thank you il look at those brands I can spend like 350 or less atm is that a good price range or would a good one for me be more than that? What do u run for lighting? I decided to start with leds cause I figured it was harder to screw up

I am using cmh 315 lighting atm. If you switch to those thought, you will need a but of more cooling or heat extraction as they make a bit more heat than good LEDs. Like @Mikelej14 suggested, quantum boards are what I would look for especially with $350 for a budget. You can light that closet and have some cash left over.

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

I am using cmh 315 lighting atm. If you switch to those thought, you will need a but of more cooling or heat extraction as they make a bit more heat than good LEDs. Like @Mikelej14 suggested, quantum boards are what I would look for especially with $350 for a budget. You can light that closet and have some cash left over.
Awesome IL just stick with led then that's some good news for today at least it won't be as much as I'd thought so with that being said should I spend a lil more and get a bigger stronger led in case I upgraded to a bigger tent in the future so I could just use the same light or is that a bad idea? I wanna eventually get a 6x6 or an 8 footer but that's as big as I'd ever go so

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I think a single 240watt would work fine for you. It wont do the full 7' but you can get 4x2 of it with this light good thru flower
This is the one i ordered
LM301B LED Board 240W LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301B Chips & MeanWell Driver Commercial White Full Spectrum Grow Lights 532pcs LEDs

Not particularly a fan of mars hydro but they do make some long skinny qb style boards that can light a longer skinny closet more evenly for a small budget also maybe 2 sp150s side by side would do well in there

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Is there a difference between hydroponic LEDs and regular grow LEDs like if the box says hydroponic what does that differ from the ones that dont

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Awesome IL just stick with led then that's some good news for today at least it won't be as much as I'd thought so with that being said should I spend a lil more and get a bigger stronger led in case I upgraded to a bigger tent in the future so I could just use the same light or is that a bad idea? I wanna eventually get a 6x6 or an 8 footer but that's as big as I'd ever go so
Lighting 6x6 or 8x8 is $$$$$ and lots more heat, meaning lots more $ in electricity and ventilation. Im not saying dont do it, if you really want to learn and do it, but for wanting to maintain some level of minimal resources used, LED closet grow is the way to go. Mine is rockin it right now, 5 plants in a 3x2 under the Viparapectra p1500.
Higher wattage lights means more heat as has been said already, so youll want to make sure to have fans and dehumidifier/humidiers handy to maintain the environment, because more light= more transpiration.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

How much sq ft should a plant take up ? My closet is 7x2
Is that small led good for clones and seedlings before veg? How far from the top should the light be?
The plants only take up as much space as you allow. 1x1' each plant minimum, untrained, but training allows you to spread the canopy as much as you want with photoperiod plants during veg by bending the main branches down allowing the smaller side and lower growths to become exposed to more and equal distance light. Results are more density to yield and more even canopy for best use of light available.

Your light will work great in that little space for seedlings, if you notice them stretch more than a few inches between nodes, move light closer, or get them under a stronger light. Maybe 6-12" distance until fan leaves then move them under a higher power light

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

You should watch this to better understand cannabis lighting.
Cannabis Lighting
Awesome video wish I would've watched it first lol I'm halfway through and already learned a ton
The plants only take up as much space as you allow. 1x1' each plant minimum, untrained, but training allows you to spread the canopy as much as you want with photoperiod plants during veg by bending the main branches down allowing the smaller side and lower growths to become exposed to more and equal distance light. Results are more density to yield and more even canopy for best use of light available.

Your light will work great in that little space for seedlings, if you notice them stretch more than a few inches between nodes, move light closer, or get them under a stronger light. Maybe 6-12" distance until fan leaves then move them under a higher power light
Awesome that helps a ton so my small brown setup is good? Those are all autos in there the only photos I have are now the 2 females since I ditched the 2males under that 4 foot POS in my closet lol

IMG 20200503 091000
IMG 20200503 090522
IMG 20200503 090529
IMG 20200503 090512
Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Hey guys so I had a family member bring this to me brand new cause of my light issues do u think I should use that till I get a permanent one off Amazon that you guys suggested I don't think this one will be strong enough for more than a temporary fix but its alot more watts than I have now it's 175w here's the pics tell me what you guys think I should do?

IMG 20200503 143658
IMG 20200503 143552
IMG 20200503 143534
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

To put things in perspective, heres my 5 plants under 150w-

Your 175 watt will do a hell of a lot better than 32watts. Lol

20200501 104833
20200429 112705
20200501 105233
Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Much much better!! Well done!
Should I use just use that one or should I still get a diff one I liked that one you showed me alot I'm tempted haha
To put things in perspective, heres my 5 plants under 150w-

Your 175 watt will do a hell of a lot better than 32watts. Lol
Oh wow much better than mine you litterally saved me big time thank you so much for your help il def keep in touch I'd love to burn one with ya 😂

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Much much better!! Well done!
I'm definitely getting panda plastic for the closet and brown cabinet I went and got a ton of fans and the humidity and temp stays about right there just normally I was only planning to use that cabinet and that small led for clones and seedlings untill they get true leaves then move em under the big light cause those are all auto flowers seeds which I planned on only running for starting out but a buddy gave me some photo seeds so I figured I'd do those first in case I screw up it's not with the autos

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Should I use just use that one or should I still get a diff one I liked that one you showed me alot I'm tempted haha

Oh wow much better than mine you litterally saved me big time thank you so much for your help il def keep in touch I'd love to burn one with ya 😂
The light you just got will do a 2x3, maybbbbe 2x4 area flowering, no problem, maybe not the best of yields but DEFINITELY worth-while until you get your setup going. Just about anything is better than those homedepot $60 lights- a 2ft bar putting off 32w? Psh thats 16w/sqf nopppe 4" away itll get a seedling its first leafys but not much else...
Oh and also hasnt been mentioned much but Really pay attention to your humidity and temps, seedlings need higher humidty, 60-70%, and gradually goes down thru veg mostly keep around 50%, then about halfway into flower drop to 35-40% and watch the frostiness commence :) and consider looking into some nutrients. Foxfarm for example makes some easy to use bottle nutes you just add into water, but if you have questions ask because you can over-do it quickly too

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

if that 175w light you just got is only a loaner, i definitely would recommend looking into those samsung lm301b/h diode led lights. Various configurations of the 240w panel i showed you earlier is most common used in the led scene right now without dropping upwards for 1000 for the big bar light fixtures like gavitas or whatever

Latest posts

Top Bottom