• Tagged users None
B

blueleaf

hi all, im growing outdoors,
one of my plants, a flowering male that is 8 weeks old,
(14\10 and flowering from 3rd week)
just went yellow and crumpled in a time of day or two
i think possible reasons are high temperatures or life cycle
but im just guessing, any other opinion ?

L

Lost

Flowering male? No such thing I believe.. It could be a hermie female, but males don't "flower".

It could be a pest like a fungas gnat. The larve eat your root system and the plants dies real fast..

P

pinekreek

What strain? Some plants don't like to have "wet feet". As it has been raining for months now, I might suspect that. Or, too much fertilizer could get to a toxic point and drop a plant in a day or two.

B

blueleaf

lost 10x for the reply the plant is at a pocket garden and not flowering but has pollens
also has lots of plants near him and they are all fine. i gave the plant some potassium
last week but really in small amount, few grains.
pinekreek my estimation that is a napalese of some kind, and its hot as hell in these
side of the globe :) could hot days kill a plant in one day ? would a few pictures help ? (not taken so far by security reasons)

L

Lost

If the only thing you changed it might have been the ferts. Good lucka nd pics would not hurt.. :)

B

blueleaf

well plant had white spots, i think it got over-watered , 10x for the assistance.

D

Dallas Black

Flowering male? No such thing I believe.. It could be a hermie female, but males don't "flower".

I'm pretty sure male do 'flower' or 'Fruit'
It's just that their floral clusters or fruit bodies of males are made up of Stamens/anthers? and a Females floral clusters are made up of calaxes and stigmas. Maybe somebody else can elaborate more but I alway thought that males do actually flower.

Later

Dallas

L

Lost

"What else would you call a male that is producing pollen sacs?"

Dead in my garden..

Sorry, guess I never thought of it like that. I guess they are "Flowering" but that name is kinda a misnomer since we call buds, flowers..

Thanks for the correction :)

P

pistilwhipped

You mentioned white spots eydtkrak (darktyde), white spots usually mean spider mites. check the under sides of the leaves. Look for tiny little moving things. They won't look like they're moving at first, but if you watch closely you'll see spiders...spider mites. Look for webbing on the plants, very fine and white spots on leaves.

Best of luck, check those other plants right away, you may find they are affected too.

B

blueleaf

spider mites comes in white dots
the white spots that i mentioned are more
like youll see in moss or mold from humidity. (mildew?)
could spider mites finish a whole plant in one day ? i dont think so
and if so why other plant were not affected ?
i finally attach a picture... (click\new windows full res)
http://img403.invalid.com/img403/8185/p1010002p.jpg

P

pistilwhipped

I've got to admit I've never seen anything like that except a mold infestation once. It took an entire plant in flower. I agree that spidermites couldn't do that to a plant in a day.

R

rayvon

could an animal have pissed on it maybe? just a thought seeing as it died so quick

B

blueleaf

rayvon i dont think so... and if so unrine dosent kill a plant as far as i know :)

L

Lost

Did you check the roots for damage or infestation yet? That one pic looks what mine looked like when the fungas gnats killed off a few of my plants in DWC buckets. It happens fast, the larve hatch and the next day or two and the plant is dead.

H

highrise

The only thing that kills my outdoor plants over night is termites. Once they find the plant they burrow up and hollow out the main stalk and the plant dies imediately. I never find any indication they are tehre till the plant totaly wilts and dies. They seem to like the more indica dominate plants. Just had two outdoor Mt. Cooks get killed this way. I split the stalk and they were lined up down the middle of the stalk eating away. They didn't bother the chocolopes or ice creams right next to them though, just the 2 Mt. Cooks.

B

blueleaf

the plant is a strong sativa,
it had some mites but i took them with neem oil,
the week before the plant died it look very healthy....
also i didnt find any insects evidence...
thanx for the replies

P

pistilwhipped

Wow, I've never heard of termites killing a plant, but I don't grow outside, so that doesn't mean anything. I can see exactly how that could happen though, there's a perfect little tunnel right up the center of the plant and down each stem, termites would make quick work of a plant. That may be your answer edytkrad.

As for how mold happens, it would be humid conditions, lack of proper airflow, presence of mold spores, plant wet for long periods without ever thoroughly drying out. It doesn't seem like that is the issue for your plant as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom