Manganese and/or phosphorous deficiency.. I think?

• Thread starter blazedahaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Manganese andor phosphorous deficiency i think 3

Hey farmers, I have this issue showing up on a couple of leaves... I am in dirt and have only been feeding AACT's with Capulator's packs, gro-kashi tea, and plain water (RO).. This is day 10 of flower.. I forgot to mix in my glacial rock dust in my soil mix so I just top dressed with it yesterday prior to feeding with gro-kashi tea to try and fix what I believe it is, a managanese deficiency or maybe even a little phosphorus deficiency as I haven't fed these girls any real food yet..

Manganese andor phosphorous deficiency i think
Manganese andor phosphorous deficiency i think 2

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Oh yeah, my temps are 72-74 at night and 77-79 with lights on, rh is 40-50%

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... I do see slight P-, but I'm not sure about the Mn just yet. How are the plants doing otherwise?

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Hmm... I do see slight P-, but I'm not sure about the Mn just yet. How are the plants doing otherwise?
The plants seem to be doing fine since the top dress with glacial rock dust, no progression after 36 hours of application, but I think they are getting hungry.. I am running Skywalker/Sativa OG, Ghost OG, and Girl Scout Cookies Forum cut.. The above issue is only on the Skywalker og, I have only given them one feeding @400 ppm and that was about a month ago which was the second watering after transplant and was a little too hot for their liking, so they have only been given water, AACT, and grokashi tea for the past 3.5 weeks.. I will get a whole plant shot if it helps..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If that's an upper leaf, I'd land on Ca.

Muckman420

Muckman420

It's third set from the top, I just fed them last night. Two fingers one leaf is under the other and this is on the side with the 1000WT also turned 180 degrees.

Thanks @Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it's just those little bits, I would watch for progression and have a Ca product that can be used as a foliar spray.

Muckman420

Muckman420

At closer inspection it's closer to the middle is growth only, I was leaning towards potassium. I'm gonna go with just h20 I think I may have over fed the last two feeding and made it harder for her to absorb what's there, ph is almost at a constant 7

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Id like to know exactly whats causing this. I get it on higher feeds and assumed it was an over nute issue. But it could be a deff due to over nute via lockout.

Muckman420

Muckman420

Id like to know exactly whats causing this. I get it on higher feeds and assumed it was an over nute issue. But it could be a deff due to over nute via lockout.
My thought exactly, not quite sure I should flush or ad food or give them time. I have been flip flopping nutes and noticed it sowed up second day of 12/12 under the HPS, tried a little something different and ended up with this. They look great when temps and rH are optimal, after I watered last night the claw started lifting, I'll know more tonight when the lights kick on

Muckman420

Muckman420

They have been eating twice a week since week two and I have slowly upped feeding with the Louie's and space queens, but my tahoes are not lovin me right now. I am just very pleased most of my girls are staying happy so far. 12/12 started on the 6th this month so I'm happy so far.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I recently went organic so understanding these things are important as you dont want to flush organics of the goodies too much. But with salts i flush with a ph'ed 1/4 strength cal mag then 1/2 feed with a light runoff not to expel all the cal mag. This usually clears most deficiencies and sets the bar back to normal.

Muckman420

Muckman420

@SonOfDaMourning thanks brotha, I'll try and locate some asap

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
At closer inspection it's closer to the middle is growth only, I was leaning towards potassium. I'm gonna go with just h20 I think I may have over fed the last two feeding and made it harder for her to absorb what's there, ph is almost at a constant 7
Agreed, if it's mid-plant then I, too, would be leaning towards a K issue.

You may want to drop that pH a bit, too, see what happens. I've found many problems resolve without changing the regimen other than changing pH parameters.

Muckman420

Muckman420

Agreed, if it's mid-plant then I, too, would be leaning towards a K issue.

You may want to drop that pH a bit, too, see what happens. I've found many problems resolve without changing the regimen other than changing pH parameters.
When ever I get it to drop to 6.5 it comes back up to 7, I was thinking it may be the FFOF soil maybe?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If there's anything with the CO3 molecule, it'll buffer back up. CaCO3, MgCO3, CaMgCO3.. I could go on. Sources? Dolomite lime (the last CO3 I posted). Oyster shells. Crab shells. Egg shells. Limestone, NOT 'garden lime' as in gypsum, which is actually CaSO4, aka calcium sulfate, highly soluble and pH neutral.

How about your water source? If it's city/muni water, know that they often put chemicals in (don't just think chlorine, think... baking soda, for example) the water to help preserve the pipes, and that means driving pH up. Driving pH up makes driving it back down and keep it down difficult. Super quick fix is softer water. That could be filtered, bottled, rain water. Or, add enough acid to keep the pH pegged.

Also, don't use run-off only as the metric, especially if you use chemical salt fertilizers. I really prefer the slurry method.

Top Bottom