Marey Gas 10l Tankless Water Heater

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So i know there is some older threads on this, but I wanted to hear from anybody using one of these for
c02 burner? I know they had some failures a few yrs ago but they have new ones out that Maybe have over come thier challenges?
So any info would be nice.. I put a shot of the hydro innovations c02 burner, and of the Marey gas tankless water heater, cause they are the same thing...
This is the water heater... $200
Water heater 1

this is the hydro innovations $400

Water heater 2

Im also a little scared using it in a tent?
Any thoughts?

Freshone

Freshone

Yep those are the same,I remember these discussions too.I personally would stay away from a burner in a tent for a few reasons but mostly because I think burners need a larger area to work well and a good size volume of air to prevent build up of other gases,ethylene,sulfurs etc.
Don't you need a pump and 55 gallon res for these too?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yep those are the same,I remember these discussions too.I personally would stay away from a burner in a tent for a few reasons but mostly because I think burners need a larger area to work well and a good size volume of air to prevent build up of other gases,ethylene,sulfurs etc.
I would put a 120 volt solenoid on a tap water dtw...It run about 8 mins of water every hour. it turns on when there is water flow, so i let my controller control the solonoid.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well i just cant get past the security issues of a lit flame in a tent.

Ive been using a 4x8 tent in my grow room. Using the grow room as a lung room for the tent.
I been using a 5000 btu window Ac and the last Sour Urkle grow was leaking some smell out the Ac unit...
I think im just gonna but a $600 9000 btu mini split and remove the window Ac and brick up and seal the window opening...
Then i can run a burner in my room.
Its 10x12.
Do u use a burner and is there differences in burners?

J

Jfrezy

Co2 burner in such a small closed fireman might not be a good idea you could use bottle Co2. 20# Co2 refills are about $8-15 depending on where you live. A 20# tank in a 4x8 tent will last several weeks. No heat issues with bottled Co2.

J

Jfrezy

Tankless water heater and Co2 burners are much different. Co2 needs to be regulated by a controller to control the PPM in the air.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Co2 burner in such a small closed fireman might not be a good idea you could use bottle Co2. 20# Co2 refills are about $8-15 depending on where you live. A 20# tank in a 4x8 tent will last several weeks. No heat issues with bottled Co2.
Unfortunatly your wrong.
I have 2 -20 pound tanks right now and i only get a month out of them both...
I already have c02 i just dont like refilling them once a month...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Unfortunatly your wrong.
And they are 40 a piece to to refill.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

And they are 40 a piece to to refill.
GahDamn! 40 bucks a refill? Someone is making some real money. Costs me 16 bucks to refill mine. The only viable option that I could see you doing is tanks or those c02 bags they sell online and at the hydro store put a few of em up in a decent sized tent. But yes the most efficient usage of c02 in tents is a tank.
Just .02 from past experience

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Unfortunatly your wrong.
No offense Event but I'm going to have to agree with Jfrezy on this one. My last partner I was with had a 15 x 17 ft and it was nicely sealed, lasted approximately 2 weeks for a 20 gal. In a 4x8 (if properly sealed) should last a little bit.

Is your tents sealed or open?

Edit: just read that tent was in a 10x12 grow room. That being said I would still say its a bit small for a burner but if your using it as a lung room, I don't see why not. It would have to directly over the tent with in lines directing c02 in the tent.

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No offense Event but I'm going to have to agree with Jfrezy on this one. My last partner I was with had a 15 x 17 ft and it was nicely sealed, lasted approximately 2 weeks for a 20 gal. In a 4x8 (if properly sealed) should last a little bit.

Is your tents sealed or open?

Edit: just read that tent was in a 10x12 grow room. That being said I would still say its a bit small for a burner but if your using it as a lung room, I don't see why not. It would have to directly over the tent with in lines directing c02 in the tent.

Ya i just dont think its gonna work like i wanted so im just gonna keep using my 20# tanks till i can afford my minispit then i wil just ditch the tent and go back to using my whole room and then upgrade to a burner then

Is there a big differeance between burners?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Tankless water heater and Co2 burners are much different. Co2 needs to be regulated by a controller to control the PPM in the air.
I know that. I have one..
Im not new to co2. Im trying to see what other options are out there that i may be interested in..
C02 burners put out heat so they use the tankless water heater to remove heat.
Ive actually read of ppl having MORE luck with the generic water heater that the remanufact water cooled c02 burner...

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

There ya go,
Just got off the phone with my buddy, (runs 3- 20kw setups with burners in all) I asked the differences and he said natural gas or propane is first off. You would have to buy propane just like you already do with c02. Apparently its a little bit cheaper and not so many raised eyebrows. Natural gas is if you have an open gas line you can hook it up to. This one is a little more difficult but much more cost effective. He says that he has it hooked on is natural gas at 2/3 and propane on the other. After that your next factor would be size and not overkill on the size because heat can become a issue.
This is what I was told by someone I trust that is doing extremely well legally and he also wanted me to mention that plants do not always want the max ppms for c02, its strain dependent and he lowered his ppms from 1400 to 950 and is actually yielding more.
Anyways hopes this helps. That was my good deed of the month :smoking:

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

There ya go,
Just got off the phone with my buddy, (runs 3- 20kw setups with burners in all) I asked the differences and he said natural gas or propane is first off. You would have to buy propane just like you already do with c02. Apparently its a little bit cheaper and not so many raised eyebrows. Natural gas is if you have an open gas line you can hook it up to. This one is a little more difficult but much more cost effective. He says that he has it hooked on is natural gas at 2/3 and propane on the other. After that your next factor would be size and not overkill on the size because heat can become a issue.
This is what I was told by someone I trust that is doing extremely well legally and he also wanted me to mention that plants do not always want the max ppms for c02, its strain dependent and he lowered his ppms from 1400 to 950 and is actually yielding more.
Anyways hopes this helps. That was my good deed of the month :smoking:
Appreciate it..
Ya im going with natural gas...
I got a line and im comfortable doing the hook up.
But i really wondered about the c02 burner because i thought that a bigger one would have to be on less to raise it. My controller has a dead band of 100 ppm
So if i set it for 1000 it drops to 900 and then kicks the burner on.
So a 1 burner might take 1 min to raise it that 100 but a 2 burner might do it in 30 sec and a 4 burner might only take 10 seconds rwquiring my minisplit to overcome that heat less?
So i guess that thinking would be faulty then eh?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Sounds like solid thinking to me, lol. You will have a bad ass setup once you get the large room going.

J

Jfrezy

Just don't think grow tents and Co2 burner should hang out together. More problems can happen than good results. I've ran burners and bottled Co2. Wouldn't trust using any unit that isn't made for growing when dealing with natural gas or propane.

Co2 refills in my city
20# $8
50# #19

J

Jfrezy

Co2 works best when used during weeks 1-6 of flowering. Using Co2 after week 6 doesn't let the plant ripen properly.

This tip only really matters for a gardener who is bringing in supplemental sources of Co2.
It is willfully noted that in terms of plant ripening, Co2 prolongs the process and can add significant time to a plants life cycle. Unfortunately, if a plant takes too long to ripen, potency and quality begin to tank. So cutting out any extra Co2, about two weeks before harvest, is always advised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom