Marijuana Cheesecake: Good Medicine or Cause for Outrage?

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

August 17, 2010 3:20 PM
Marijuana Cheesecake: Good Medicine or Cause for Outrage?
Posted by Aina Hunter

(CBS) Have you ever gotten a prescription for cheesecake? How about pizza with a side order of chocolate chip Rice Krispy cakes?

It's not usually what the doctor ordered, but for medical marijuana patients the taste of "medicine" is getting increasingly sweet.

As of now, 14 states and the District of Columbia have legalized the use of medical marijuana, but growing and selling it is still a federal offense.

So, those who sell medical marijuana are operating in a gray area, but that hasn't stopped them from getting very creative.
Operators from Oregon to California are selling marijuana packed gourmet deserts and even entire meals.

By now, the medical benefits of marijuana are well documented.

Studies have shown that pot is effective in reducing muscle spasms associated with multiple sclerosis and pain caused by certain neurological injuries or illnesses. Other studies have shown that marijuana can help with muscle spasms and the pain associated with spinal cord injuries and AIDS.

Still, the drug isn't without risks.

The Mayo Clinic warns that there could be a relationship between marijuana use and depression, as well as impaired fertility in men.

Regardless of risks, business is booming.

Creativity of entrepreneurs from Colorado to California have created pot-infused truffles, pizzas, teas, and even baba-ganoush to make the medicine go down easy.

Here's some of our favorites. Many thanks to Denver's "Ganja Gourmet" and San Francisco's "The Green Cross" for photographs.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

nice post but where is the recipe for the THCheesecake lol???

B

Bhanghead

Im a chef and a "stoner"lol...as ALOT of us are in my profession..I love making tainted foods. You can infuse THC into anything with a bit of fat content...the possibilities are endless..I definatly see the benefit for people that can't smoke do to originally smoke related issues...and alot of people who lead an active lifestyle can't just stop and smoke a J in front of their workplace on their lunch break. The "tainted" foods allow hard working, tax paying citizens to get the relief they require without letting every Joe Bob around them know they are imbibing cannabis. I have IBS and a stress disorder.. and i can be busting my ass on the line on a friday night sucking on a tainted sucker and nobodys the wiser:) So i say GOOD MEDICINE!

M

MSL Foundation

Edibles are The Best medicine...

food that makes you feel better!

What a concept...

Instead of a double bacon cancer burger with extra cancer fries... and a x-large cup of diabetes.

dont forget the extra dessert for the kids so they can get a extra dose of diabetes...

Have you guys ever seen our Good Medicine Shirt The Marijuana Saves Lives Foundation made years ago?

good_medicine.jpg

Got these plus a bunch more for sale on our site!

MSL

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

thats one'a the stickers i got...lol.... plus the mj saves breasts one.... thats my fav... az

D

DrGreenGenes

All ya hafta to do to make ganja cheesecake is put the cannabutter in the crust.... That is the way all canna-cheesecakes I have ever had were made....:bubblez:

B

Blood Raw

Damn that idea just sounds SIMPLY DELICOUS!! Add some candy turtles N im sold!

E

EACH1TEACH1

cheese cake delicious. i see no downside in making mmj cheesecake, only one that crosses my mind is that you might find it hard to take the rite dosage. not that its a problem i have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom