Marijuana Helps Reduce Risk Of Alcohol-induced Liver Disease

• Thread starter farmermari
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
farmermari

farmermari

Cannabis use appears to be protective against liver disease progression in subjects who frequently consume alcohol, according to data published online ahead of print in the journal Liver International. An international team of researchers from the United States and Canada assessed the relationship between cannabis use and incidences of liver disease in individuals who regularly consumed alcohol. Investigators reported: “Among alcohol users, individuals who additionally use cannabis showed significantly lower odds of developing alcoholic steatosis (fatty liver disease), steatohepatitis, cirrhosis, and hepatocellular carcinoma (the most common type of liver cancer in adults). Our findings suggest that cannabis use is associated with reduced incidences of liver disease in alcoholics.”

E

Elsydro

Cannabis use appears to be protective against liver disease progression in subjects who frequently consume alcohol, according to data published online ahead of print in the journal Liver International. An international team of researchers from the United States and Canada assessed the relationship between cannabis use and incidences of liver disease in individuals who regularly consumed alcohol. Investigators reported: “Among alcohol users, individuals who additionally use cannabis showed significantly lower odds of developing alcoholic steatosis (fatty liver disease), steatohepatitis, cirrhosis, and hepatocellular carcinoma (the most common type of liver cancer in adults). Our findings suggest that cannabis use is associated with reduced incidences of liver disease in alcoholics.”

I feel like I can almost offer definitive results that yes, cannabis 100% does help the liver, and with alcoholism! I had elevated liver enzymes when I moved to Colorado over a year and a half ago, I had alcohol/Tylenol liver toxicity, I was extremely jaundiced, and I changed everything about my life, quit drinking, don’t take Tylenol, but my liver enzymes are completely normal NOW!!! A doctor in Texas told me my liver would never get back, and I’d be really lucky, they thought I had hepatitis of some form but that was proven to NOT BE THE CASE, as I said, that was Jan 2016, it’s 3-18 now, but I had more than one doctor tell me I’d probably not get full liver function back, so I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me if need be!

Top Bottom