Marijuana plant drooping after watering

• Thread starter vertighost21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vertighost21

vertighost21

Hi new grower here. I have an indica clone that I purchased 2 days ago. I watered the plant after potting because the seller said it hadn't been watered in a while. I have it under LED grow lights for 14 hr/day. After two days the leaves have wilted and the plant can't stay upright on its own. What am I doing incorrectly? First pic is today, second pic is when I brought it home.
Marijuana plant drooping after watering 2
Marijuana plant drooping after watering

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How exactly did you water it? Misting with a spray bottle perhaps?

You need to saturate the entire media thing let it dry well between watering.

That plant is severely underwatered

How close is that light?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks like its drowning. How often and how much water are you giving it?
A young plant that size should water maybe every other day.

Is that the only light you have is the blurple? (Blurple = blue + red lights, no white)
When you take pix, try and have them lit with white light so the correct colors can be seen for more accurate diagnosis.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Underwatered plant goes limp stems and all with paperly leaves.

Overwatered plant stem stay ridged and leaves droop and swell.

This clone here is underwatered and I literally watered and hit record.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Love the vid. Have you ever seen that with a person? It's freaky.
In the Army, we did "water removal". We were told we were all water fat and we were now on a diet. For one week we had minimal water (to teach survival).
At the end of the week we all looked like scarecrows. Then they gave us all the water we wanted and you could see us re-inflating. LOL It was strange but this vid reminded me of it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Love the vid. Have you ever seen that with a person? It's freaky.
In the Army, we did "water removal". We were told we were all water fat and we were now on a diet. For one week we had minimal water (to teach survival).
At the end of the week we all looked like scarecrows. Then they gave us all the water we wanted and you could see us re-inflating. LOL It was strange but this vid reminded me of it.
I haven't seen it in ppl to that degree but absolutely believe that... you can see when ppl retain water for various reasons how swollen thier faces can become.

GODNYC

GODNYC

Hi new grower here. I have an indica clone that I purchased 2 days ago. I watered the plant after potting because the seller said it hadn't been watered in a while. I have it under LED grow lights for 14 hr/day. After two days the leaves have wilted and the plant can't stay upright on its own. What am I doing incorrectly? First pic is today, second pic is when I brought it home.View attachment 1135510View attachment 1135509
What size pot do you have it in ? What type of media are you using ? Are you Ph balancing your water? This is all important at certain PH level your plant will not take nutrients. Lol I’m a new grower as well my tip is to always check your runoff. PS what happened to the leafs?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What size pot do you have it in ? What type of media are you using ? Are you Ph balancing your water? This is all important at certain PH level your plant will not take nutrients. Lol I’m a new grower as well my tip is to always check your runoff. PS what happened to the leafs?
Imo you don't need to ph your water for a soil grow. These are pre buffered soils and will adjust the PH of the water/nutrients added to it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you are growing organic, don't mess with pH. The organics will adjust it.

crossfader

crossfader

Underwatered plant goes limp stems and all with paperly leaves.

Overwatered plant stem stay ridged and leaves droop and swell.

This clone here is underwatered and I literally watered and hit record.

Everytime I got the urge to water my plants I'd think of this video, it saved mine from chronic overwatering. ✌️

GODNYC

GODNYC

Imo you don't need to ph your water for a soil grow. These are pre buffered soils and will adjust the PH of the water/nutrients added to it.
Ahh I see; I’m using my own composed soil mixture and the water quality around my area isn’t good quality. What type of pre buffered soil do you think is the best?

B73D4EF2 3287 45D6 9C7A A9C8C5B0BAC6
63E0F76F F3B9 43DE BCA0 229484E5B06B
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ahh I see; I’m using my own composed soil mixture and the water quality around my area isn’t good quality. What type of pre buffered soil do you think is the best?
Best is subjective.... I dont think there is a best just different.

vertighost21

vertighost21

Watered the plant last night after some suggested it was underwatered. The plant is in the same condition today

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Watered the plant last night after some suggested it was underwatered. The plant is in the same condition todayView attachment 1135816
You have some severe root issues then. The plant is not drinking at all. It's looks like it had severe N tox and the uneven watering can cause this as it creates really hot spots in the media. If you have it under high light it will make it worse. I don't think it's going to make it. Likely the roots were burned

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Watered the plant last night after some suggested it was underwatered. The plant is in the same condition todayView attachment 1135816
You have some severe root issues then. The plant is not drinking at all. It's looks like it had severe N tox and the uneven watering can cause this as it creates really hot spots in the media. If you have it under high light it will make it worse. I don't think it's going to make it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The soil is fox farm ocean forest. The dispensary gave it to me in what looks like rockwool. Guy told me to plant it into the ground with the rockwool so I did.
Yeah bit did you wet the entire media? Yo me it looks like this is what happened. Rockwool is soaked and media was uneven so what does this do... the parts where the wet and dry soil meet become very high in nutrients and can burn roots. The rockwool is not properly drying as your wetting pretty much only around the RW so no you have roots not getting o2 and being burnt by uneven watering. In the future transplant water the entire media and then let it have a good dry cycle. I don't like RW for starters in soil (but if you know them you can easily do it) as they can hold moisture pretty well and once in soil don't breathe like they do outside of soil and they will hold moisture alot in soil.

Now add to that to much light and the plant is just doomed.

My theory.

Top Bottom