Mars Hydro BEWARE of what your buying, it isnt customer service.

• Thread starter Treecutter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Treecutter

Treecutter

So I sent an email to Mars hydro explaining my TS 3000 480 watt light had a PCB "quantum" board go bad. I notified them that they needed to fix the design flaws of the female Jack plug on the board.

There is nothing structured to secure the jack the driver plugs into other than the solder joints.

They asked for a video description of the problems so they could have an engineer look at it.

I recorded this video and sent it off telling them I would attempt to solder it back.

The next day I notified them there was no success on the repair, circuit was burned from the short.

They sent me an email back stating they would send a new pcb.

I thought, Great I'll wait to flip to flower and just run off of half the ts3000 and keep the girls in veg until the board gets here.

Week later a package shows up. I open it and the pick below is what they sent. A used banged up 150 watt light with a driver.

Emailed them back twice now in the last three days. Nothing but the crikets chirping.

So anyone thinking of purchasing one of their lights with a pcb "quantum board" consider being very careful with the driver cords or purchasing from another brand.
Don't end up like me and have a grow and a half out of it and $400 plus dollars down the tube.

Mars hydro beware of what your buying it isnt customer service
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

For a cheap led $150 delivered i highly recommend viperspectra 2 cycle 600w led, Mars blows! Viperspectra and spider farmer are 2 led s u can count on however in my humble opinion viperspectra is a better light bc you can run cold blue, full spec& full bloom all in 1 while spider farmer is just full spec, i have had this light over 4 years without a single problem, only drawback is it is heavy at 10lbs, bought 2 1 still un opend customer service excellent.

20210729 161314
20210724 142839
Treecutter

Treecutter

For a cheap led $150 delivered i highly recommend viperspectra 2 cycle 600w led, Mars blows! Viperspectra and spider farmer are 2 led s u can count on however in my humble opinion viperspectra is a better light bc you can run cold blue, full spec& full bloom all in 1 while spider farmer is just full spec, i have had this light over 4 years without a single problem, only drawback is it is heavy at 10lbs, bought 2 1 still un opend customer service excellent.
Yea I've looked at them. Strapped right now. I donate the grow to medical card holders. Our dispensor decided the small town that started his buisness just wasn't enough profit 3 years ago and moved the dispensory down to Phoenix leave 578card holders sol. The closest supply for them is 120 mile round trip. The RICH dirt bag pricks damn sure kept their commercial grow here for the cheap labor.

Been happy with kindbrite with the 301b diods but thats 3-4 weeks delivery.

20210311 215433
2021 03 01 113234
20210311 220341
20210313 171721
20210311 0927561
Treecutter

Treecutter

Also the ts3000 thats broke is 480 watt from the wall. Not sure how Mars hydro figured the 150 watt the sent me was going to repair it.

Treecutter

Treecutter

Mars Hydro are a very bad company this is why they was removed as a sponsor of thcfarmer
I'll keep posting the results of what happens with this so members might beware of what they might be dealing with.

First time I used it in a grow, the power cord connection failed while I was on a three day trip and flipped the grow on mother plants into flower. Never got a response from them on that and swapped out the ends with standard male and female plugs.
Horrible service.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I have 2 450w reflector series Viparspectra units that do ok for 6 months or so now. I want a "rail style" light and move these puppies outta my 4x4 Viparspectra tent into a new L.A. Gardens 2x4 unit I just bought. Thinking Spyderfarmer may be my next light.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I rigged a parachute cord to raise and lower the Viparspectra as 4 rope rachets won't work due to the hanging design. Gotta be inventive sometimes. Got my grow room cleared out and ready for the new tent.

20210722 180854
SSgrower

SSgrower

Great, I am a Texas A&M master gardener & an electronic tech certified as well, how can I help you?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hello, I really like what you have shared. I am a product manager of a company producing LED grow lights. We are now conducting an investigation to collect usage experience of marijuana growers in States or Canada, so we can improve our products and services. Could you pls answer some questions to fill in the questionnaire? It will be a great help of mine
😄
What company? I seen another post said you were with Mars! Ever heard of R&D

Smithers

Smithers

A grower friend of mine bought a Mars light from their website for his first grow. Within a day he had problems with it, on closer inspection it was obviously used and returned prior. He returned it for replacement and had issues again, so he cut his losses and bought new lights from another brand. Painful way to learn the lesson.

Treecutter

Treecutter

A grower friend of mine bought a Mars light from their website for his first grow. Within a day he had problems with it, on closer inspection it was obviously used and returned prior. He returned it for replacement and had issues again, so he cut his losses and bought new lights from another brand. Painful way to learn the lesson.
Funny, their first package they sent me with a replacement part was a used return. Sent me the light, timer, driver. Hangers etc. Bad thing was, it was a 150w light and driver to fix a dead 240w quantum board.

Treecutter

Treecutter

Lol, WTF response.
"Hello,

Sincerely apologize again for the unpleasant shopping experience.We are trying our best to help you to solve this issue.We checked out the reason that is because service suspended due to insufficient balance,we are recharging for the shipping system urgently.Once money come to the shipping team, tracking number would be created. So sorry for the delay. "

Multi million dollar company doest have a balance of money to ship replacement parts.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Mars contacted me a while back to ask If I'd do a test grow with one of their new lights.
Communication was quite difficult. Looks like they use google translate.

Sent them my address.
They could not even get it delivered.
I have not had a package "bounce" from this address in the last 18 years.
Theirs got returned. Any needed service would have been very difficult
Seems I dodged a bullet here.

The owner of Agro, William Wong, contacted me and said he learned how to manufacture the finest LED grow lights from lurking in my DIY thread at Cannabis.com ten years ago.
"Calling out to Weezard for LED advice" That board is dead now.

Found a copy at https://www.greengrassforums.com/showthread.php/152012-Calling-out-to-Weezard-for-LED-advice
(Posted link because that site is not accepting registrations.)

Yep, talk is cheap, but. Mr. Wong is not.
He now makes incredible lights for large commercial grows.
Insisted on gifting me a very high quality unit from "Infinity Board FTG".
It's actually a bit too strong for my space requires 36" of head room.
Had to use a shade cloth to prevent light burn.
Horse teeth, yah? :)

Aloha,
Weeze

Last edited:
Treecutter

Treecutter

Well the end result was horrible, they sent a replacement ts 3000 they put together with old used parts.

The quantum boards don't put out the same lux as the old ones and they put the wrong drivers on it without the dimmer option.

We live in a small town in Arizona. Winslow had a commercial grow come in for medical about 6 years ago. The dispensary wasn't the greatest but it was all the medicinal patients had. 3 years ago they closed the dispensary and moved it to Phoenix for greed.

At that time we got a cultivators license to grow. The newest dispensary is 120 mile round trip for medical card holders. The median income in this town is $17,600 single and $36,000 household. The 578 card holders can not afford to drive 120 miles. Some are elderly and can't drive at all.

We decided to grow at a cost of what my wife's medicine was costing us. All excess we grow is donated to other card holders. Hell my job is Department of Transportation regulated, I can't even partake in a toke.

Mars Hydro customer service led us on to believe they were taking care of us with the parts. They delayed our flip to flower 2 months and still screwed us over. Which is now screwing over the medical card holders that depended on us.

If they were honest and just told us, we would have sourced a new light right away.

So in our opinion, be careful in who you buy lights from. Have back up lights on hand capable of flowering your grow.

I ended up making a 240 watt out of all the parts and I kept the 150 watt they sent even though the requested it back. So I didnt get the full 480 watts of light we had but it was enough to flip to flower.

Going forward were going to try out new spider farmer, vivosun and kingbrite. Probably 3-4 months of saving before we get a replacement.

So if you read this and are looking for a light, I would look at another company.

Spider farmer gives a light away almost every month and has 20% off right now on their lights.

#Spiderfarmersf4000

I'll post some picks of the hack job Idid on the ts3000 to make it a 240 watt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom