Mars Hydro FC-8000 melts/catches fire

• Thread starter dublinthedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dublinthedog

I had a Mars hydro FC8000 for a year and two weeks. It began flickering, and I noticed a burning smell and checked the connections, the connection between the light and driver was melting. If I had not smelled it would have surely caught fire. Since I have owned the light for over 1 year Mars Hydro wants to send me the connection(at my own cost) and soder it back together, without figuring out the actual problem of why it melted/ignited and hope for no fire this time. Spent 800 dollars and now the light is going into the trash, avoid Mars at all cost.
Mars hydro fc 8000 meltscatches fire

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

you should be able to find those connectors at solar shops for much cheaper than mars will charge you, it looks the same as the PV panel connectors to me

Ponky

Ponky

Well. If you report the issue correctly to the right people they will recall and repair the defect. Frankly should never happen. And they did you wrong when they didn't deal with it. No one is allowed to sell defective electrical products. And if they fail they are obliged to figure out why.

Wandering81

Wandering81

I had a Mars hydro FC8000 for a year and two weeks. It began flickering, and I noticed a burning smell and checked the connections, the connection between the light and driver was melting. If I had not smelled it would have surely caught fire. Since I have owned the light for over 1 year Mars Hydro wants to send me the connection(at my own cost) and soder it back together, without figuring out the actual problem of why it melted/ignited and hope for no fire this time. Spent 800 dollars and now the light is going into the trash, avoid Mars at all cost.View attachment 1310974
is this the one with the meanwell driver?

Tremojem

Tremojem

Not bashing here.

Just sharing I too, had a problem with my MH TS3000.

No longer a fan.

Don't want to hijack your post.

Suffice to say, I seem to have corrected an intermittent connectivity issue with cabling.

No help from MH.

I'm on my own.

Will replace with other manufacturer.

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

I have had electrical issues with their TSL 1002 of them two of their TSL 2000s and their fc 8000 light…. I’m now on my 3rd set of connections and that has melted…..the diodes are putting out half pad they should be because of the non stop over heating and electrical issues….their cooked.…awaiting response wish me luck. I spent 1300$ on my optic slim 650s zero issues even after it dropping 8 foot on a slab And getting practically rained on…I payed 455$ for my medic grow fold 8 even though it’s extremely cheep in the hands……all the money went into longevity in that light…diodes are coated the driver is waaaaaaay over build and I dare say it keeps right up in growth speed,yield and quality with my optic 650s with lm301h weights and lm351h reds and blues….morel of the story……medic grow and optic led are damn fine lights and the fc 8000 might be set on top of a5gal bucked of tanneright………bastards….to anyone who buys from mars hydro I whole heartedly feel your pain and I k is damn well they ain’t Gina do right by you so I’m sorry for the wasted money and time you are or are about to be going threw….

C

climbit

I had a Mars hydro FC8000 for a year and two weeks. It began flickering, and I noticed a burning smell and checked the connections, the connection between the light and driver was melting. If I had not smelled it would have surely caught fire. Since I have owned the light for over 1 year Mars Hydro wants to send me the connection(at my own cost) and soder it back together, without figuring out the actual problem of why it melted/ignited and hope for no fire this time. Spent 800 dollars and now the light is going into the trash, avoid Mars at all cost.View attachment 1310974
Will do.

I

imgrowing

to each their own, but i've had no issues whatsoever with my 2 mar hydro ts 3000 lights.
i do every now and then just check the connections for tightness though.
anything that gets warm and then cool multiple times will move or loosen.
having said that, it wouldn't be a bad idea to cut that cheap plastic tee off and just solder the wires together.

Top Bottom