Mars Hydro FC-8000 melts/catches fire

• Thread starter dublinthedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dublinthedog

I had a Mars hydro FC8000 for a year and two weeks. It began flickering, and I noticed a burning smell and checked the connections, the connection between the light and driver was melting. If I had not smelled it would have surely caught fire. Since I have owned the light for over 1 year Mars Hydro wants to send me the connection(at my own cost) and soder it back together, without figuring out the actual problem of why it melted/ignited and hope for no fire this time. Spent 800 dollars and now the light is going into the trash, avoid Mars at all cost.
Mars hydro fc 8000 meltscatches fire

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

you should be able to find those connectors at solar shops for much cheaper than mars will charge you, it looks the same as the PV panel connectors to me

Ponky

Ponky

Well. If you report the issue correctly to the right people they will recall and repair the defect. Frankly should never happen. And they did you wrong when they didn't deal with it. No one is allowed to sell defective electrical products. And if they fail they are obliged to figure out why.

Wandering81

Wandering81

I had a Mars hydro FC8000 for a year and two weeks. It began flickering, and I noticed a burning smell and checked the connections, the connection between the light and driver was melting. If I had not smelled it would have surely caught fire. Since I have owned the light for over 1 year Mars Hydro wants to send me the connection(at my own cost) and soder it back together, without figuring out the actual problem of why it melted/ignited and hope for no fire this time. Spent 800 dollars and now the light is going into the trash, avoid Mars at all cost. View attachment 1310974
is this the one with the meanwell driver?

Tremojem

Tremojem

Not bashing here.

Just sharing I too, had a problem with my MH TS3000.

No longer a fan.

Don't want to hijack your post.

Suffice to say, I seem to have corrected an intermittent connectivity issue with cabling.

No help from MH.

I'm on my own.

Will replace with other manufacturer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom