Mars Hydro Having Issues

• Thread starter Mraoa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OroVerde

OroVerde

I have been running them since 2014.Use Meanwell, they are anywhere from $9 and up. After a few went out, i asked them why and they said no temps over 85 degrees and no humidity above 60%. Not sure why it isn't on their site. When i got them repaired, i drove an hour and 30 min to the Mars Hydro repair center in SoCal and I got them back a week later. Pretty simple. Any future repairs I will probably do myself since i figured out how easy they are to repair and how cheap parts are online.

The attached photo is my small flower room. 6 Mars Hydro 1200's.

20151118 182248
20151025 003345
Z

Zara

Hi,OroVerde!
Please,I have two questions- How far you hold the lamps through the flowering?Because of what I see in the picture are quite high.
And which lamp mode do you use during flowering?Only Bloom,or both- Bloom and Grow?

M

mike4200

PSA: BEWARE JUNK PARTS & POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

I know this is an old post but I would like to leave a comment as I have been growing for 4 years and 3 of them using many different lights including Mars-Hydro. Of the Mars-Hydro lights I have, I own 2 400, 1 900, and 1 1200 Mars II lights.

These and I assume all of there lights are very cheaply built the problem is not just with the drivers, that is just one of the many problems, most all of the parts are cheap the fans, drivers, heat sinks are not good enough to keep the diodes from burning up. The drivers are maybe the worst part, you say to replace them with Meanwell drivers but if you have ever opened up these lights you will see they use 7-8 drivers on a 900-1200 light! thats insane and not the correct way to wire a light.

Next is the price and there so called amazing 3 year warranty, the lights are very expensive for what they are, when you price out the cheap Chinese drivers and fans they use these lights are not of expensive build quality yet a 900 goes for close to $350 and a 1200 for $450 thats insane! Also they have poor customer service and after the first year you have to pay for the parts and/or delivery.. I just got a quote from them for $60 for 2 drivers on my 900... $60 for two $5 drivers?? Insane.

Do these lights work... Yes.. Are they worth the downtime you will have with them and the back and forth with there poor costumer service, absolutely not. You will constantly be replacing parts drivers, fans, diodes. On top of it all the lights are insanely heavy, don't use that much less power then a HPS or run much cooler then a properly vented HPS light.

Last edited:
420baby

420baby

Luckily, i didn't grow at that time. Right now, i am using their new quantum board SP250. So fa so good. Hope i will not meet the burn out issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom