Mars hydro or Spider Farmer LED?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I have a 2x2.5×5'7" gorilla grow tent and have currently 2 300w ViparSpectra LEDs. I have never noticed my plants ever standing at attention and soaking up the rays like when I had them outside. I'm assuming these just arent that powerful.

I'm looking at a few options and trying not to spend more then $200 bucks. I know this is the most crushal part of any grow. But I can only afford what I can afford.

Should I stick with what I have or (have seen these 2 companies talked about a bunch in these forums), go with a Mars Hydro ts 1000w, or a Spider Farmers sf 1000w.

They are both relatively the same price and doable for my budget.

Appreciate any and all input.

CF89

CF89

I was in the same boat.... I kept increasing my budget. It’ll show with the yield and virtually pay itself off first or second grow if it gives you an extra oz or two is that not worth $1-200?

Also, you’re not throwing money away.... you can sell the light for 75% when you’re done with it in a year or two. So that $600 light doesn’t seem so bad if you can sell for $450 next year.

with that being said. I upped my budget to $450 and got a 480w kingbrite and think I’m gonna be very happy with it. More so than SF or Mars.

Remember. Cheap pays twice and ya get what you pay for!! I did the Chinese led light bar game for a while and they truly are an inferior product.

Even my viparspectra led light is a better end of the Chinese ones and even then it’s PAR numbers are kinda pathetic.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

The ViparSpectra P2000 looks like it might not suck...and it's in your price range as well. Any reason you didn't mention it? (I know very little about LEDs)

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I was in the same boat.... I kept increasing my budget. It’ll show with the yield and virtually pay itself off first or second grow if it gives you an extra oz or two is that not worth $1-200?

Also, you’re not throwing money away.... you can sell the light for 75% when you’re done with it in a year or two. So that $600 light doesn’t seem so bad if you can sell for $450 next year.

with that being said. I upped my budget to $450 and got a 480w kingbrite and think I’m gonna be very happy with it. More so than SF or Mars.

Remember. Cheap pays twice and ya get what you pay for!! I did the Chinese led light bar game for a while and they truly are an inferior product.

Even my viparspectra led light is a better end of the Chinese ones and even then it’s PAR numbers are kinda pathetic.

Unfortunately I just dont have those kind of funds at the moment. So for my budget in looking for what will be best in my 2x2. Maybe as I move forward I can up my budget as you did but right now I'm just strapped.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

The ViparSpectra P2000 looks like it might not suck...and it's in your price range as well. Any reason you didn't mention it? (I know very little about LEDs)

Because I am currently running one and just between what I have seen in these forums to my stuff outside in natural sunlight to my tent it's just night and day. I feel like I just need more then I have and with that being said not sure ViperSpectra is where it's at. But shit who knows maybe it is.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Because I am currently running one and just between what I have seen in these forums to my stuff outside in natural sunlight to my tent it's just night and day. I feel like I just need more then I have and with that being said not sure ViperSpectra is where it's at. But shit who knows maybe it is.
My mistaken, thought you were running the little 300s, must have misunderstood.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I am running the 300 currently. And feel it's just not enough.
I was thinking the P2000 looked significantly better than the 300, but again.. I haven't put much into LED learning, I was hoping you were going to educate me on something good. Haha!! I wish you the best of luck in your search. ✌

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I was thinking the P2000 looked significantly better than the 300, but again.. I haven't put much into LED learning, I was hoping you were going to educate me on something good. Haha!! I wish you the best of luck in your search. ✌

Nope looking for some education myself. Sorry brother

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I have a 2x2.5×5'7" gorilla grow tent and have currently 2 300w ViparSpectra LEDs. I have never noticed my plants ever standing at attention and soaking up the rays like when I had them outside. I'm assuming these just arent that powerful.

I'm looking at a few options and trying not to spend more then $200 bucks. I know this is the most crushal part of any grow. But I can only afford what I can afford.

Should I stick with what I have or (have seen these 2 companies talked about a bunch in these forums), go with a Mars Hydro ts 1000w, or a Spider Farmers sf 1000w.

They are both relatively the same price and doable for my budget.

Appreciate any and all input.
I use a Mars 2 1200w its been really decent for the price. Good for a 4x4 area and my tent is 5x5. My next grow I’m adding 2 300w T5 8 bulb 4 foot for additional lighting. This grow is going really well using it plus two 250w led boards which will get replaced with the T5’s. There’s definitely some affordable options out there. I don’t have the space issue you have but I’m vegging a lot longer then most. This is Double White it’s a White Widow x Great White Shark and is starting to smell very grape like. At least two weeks to go

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I use a Mars 2 1200w its been really decent for the price. Good for a 4x4 area and my tent is 5x5. My next grow I’m adding 2 300w T5 8 bulb 4 foot for additional lighting. This grow is going really well using it plus two 250w led boards which will get replaced with the T5’s. There’s definitely some affordable options out there. I don’t have the space issue you have but I’m vegging a lot longer then most. This is Double White it’s a White Widow x Great White Shark and is starting to smell very grape like. At least two weeks to go

Video doesnt seem to be working. And yeah I'm just looking for a good affordable light that will throw enough light in my 2x2

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Spider farmer I run sf 2000 in each of my 3x3 grows running great plants are loving it .

I'm in a 2x2. Had a lot of people talking about the viparspectrum pro series 1000-2000. So looking at the 1500 for my size tent. I just see them reaching for natural sunlight and not doing that at all with the 300 they are under now.

Top Bottom