Marzcanna's Poisonous Dreams (Indoor Grow)

• Thread starter Marzcanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Your ladies are lookin their prime on spa day!! Do you always feed with a sprayer, or just tea days? Definitely doesn't look like air movement is an issue in your space lol

Thanx buddy 👊 it all comes down to genetics and commitment to the plant. Funny you say air movement isn't a promb because I was planing on turning up the fans on full 😂 😂 😂 😂 I find air flow is extremely important. I use the sprayer for all watering now, I find that you can spread the water evenly and avoid an uneven soil surface. At the start I must admit I took the easy route and just used a jug 🙈

sportyridr

sportyridr

Funny you say air movement isn't a promb because I was planing on turning up the fans on full 😂 😂 😂 😂 I find air flow is extremely important.

Agreed on the air flow, I just don't blow direct on em at high speed. I don't get too worked up anymore when the humidity rises as long as my airflow is working as set up. 32" x 32" tent, 2 fans blowing in circular motion above the tops + another blowing up through the center from the floor. I lose some space but its working so I don't frig with it.

Interesting idea with the sprayer. Wondering if it works using it with sprayer nozzle removed, won't hold air pressure as long but...may try it later with my sprayer. When I feed I don't just dump water in and run, I slow water till full and get enuff runoff to keep EC at bay (🖐Megacrop user). Excellent idea, I have used small spray bottle to spray my LAB's soaking the top few inches where most of the goodies call home. 🙂

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

I use a watering can like an old fart 🤣🤣 it works well though, and holds exactly what an individual mature plant needs in my space. Airflow is huge to me as well! I run 4 oscillating fans, 2 @ canopy level, 2 at the roots and one non-oscillating in the center of my plants ground level pointed at the light. Intake kinda vortex's fresh air up and out. I'm new to tents though, so still experimenting.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Agreed on the air flow, I just don't blow direct on em at high speed. I don't get too worked up anymore when the humidity rises as long as my airflow is working as set up. 32" x 32" tent, 2 fans blowing in circular motion above the tops + another blowing up through the center from the floor. I lose some space but its working so I don't frig with it.

Interesting idea with the sprayer. Wondering if it works using it with sprayer nozzle removed, won't hold air pressure as long but...may try it later with my sprayer. When I feed I don't just dump water in and run, I slow water till full and get enuff runoff to keep EC at bay (🖐Megacrop user). Excellent idea, I have used small spray bottle to spray my LAB's soaking the top few inches where most of the goodies call home. 🙂

You are 💯 right there about watering slowly, sounds about right to me. I usally water in intervals of 10 mins to let the soil soak up the water/feed slowly. On some days when I don't have much time I do rush it and just water normal, 😂 but think the slowly watering is good practice. I water until about 10% runoff with organics on every every other day. With Coco and synthetics I water everyday until 10% - 20% runoff. And I Never thought about removing the nossle. Will actually try it out in abit. I also like how u described your fan setup. On other topic What medium do you prefer?

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I use a watering can like an old fart 🤣🤣 it works well though, and holds exactly what an individual mature plant needs in my space. Airflow is huge to me as well! I run 4 oscillating fans, 2 @ canopy level, 2 at the roots and one non-oscillating in the center of my plants ground level pointed at the light. Intake kinda vortex's fresh air up and out. I'm new to tents though, so still experimenting.

Feel free to post some pics if you want. Nothing wrong with watering cans they work just was good if not better. Have you ever tried a sprayer?

sportyridr

sportyridr

You are 💯 right there about watering slowly, sounds about right to me. I usally water in intervals of 10 mins to let the soil soak up the water/feed slowly. On some days when I don't have much time I do rush it and just water normal, 😂 but think the slowly watering is good practice. I water until about 10% runoff with organics on every every other day. With Coco and synthetics I water everyday until 10% - 20% runoff. And I Never thought about removing the nossle. Will actually try it out in abit. I also like how u described your fan setup. On other topic What medium do you prefer?

I learned the hard way by just dumping and moving on, ya...then I did research on how to water after the def's started. This damn hobby is a neverending learning process lol...gotta love a challenge eh!

I am still looking for the ultimate watering jug, for me a watering can of a gal or more is too big n bulky unless you pull everything out every time so you can get the big jug in there. I'm still looking for the ultimate jug for me thats about 1/2 gal.
Here is what I'm using now...it's 40oz and I have the lids honed out, smaller for the veg plants that are getting less, bigger hole for flower plants.

EDIT: I use this cause its skinny/narrow and gets in the nooks n crannies lol, not sure how the other jug will fair being fatter ?
20210418 133516
20210418 133522
20210418 133602

Here's the closest I've found to what I want, 1/2 gal which is just right for the size pot & plants I have. I just need to come up with a nice nozzle/spout that works, we'll see how it goes...

20210418 135539

20210418 135606

As for medium...I started out in FFOF, I know it grows weed just fine but the price point, forget it. Now using a Pro-Mix veggy blend with a few amends the last year and has been working nice for me. At $11.70usd for 2cu. yds. gives me 18 gals. Can't even come close to that in cost with FFOF. I am/have considering Coco at some point but I already deal with enuff run off as it is + I'm on 2nd flr. so don't really want any more xtra trips up n down lol. This is what I use with approx. 40% perlite.

Pro mix organic

Last edited:
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

DSCN4933

Garden Update:

Day 10 after switch

20210427 144229

Been risky with the ladies supper cropping them to try keep the stretch to a minimum. But today was their last training until harvest

20210427 143913

20210427 144130

20210427 144422

Aurora:

20210427 143833

20210427 144025

Bluedream:

20210427 144307

sportyridr

sportyridr

Lookin good Marz...as fast as they put on flowers, I'd say they were ready for the flip :)

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Lookin good Marz...as fast as they put on flowers, I'd say they were ready for the flip :)
Thanx Sporty, they are looking healthy. Maybe they didn't appreciate the defoliation and super cropping as much as I did but hopefully it will pay off

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Looks good! They always get a little salty after hefty trims, they get over it quickly though! If you're concerned with stretch, have you tried closing the temp differential between day/night temps to minimize it?

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Looks good! They always get a little salty after hefty trims, they get over it quickly though! If you're concerned with stretch, have you tried closing the temp differential between day/night temps to minimize it?
Hey bro thanx. Yea I have tried setting the Temps in combination with bringing the light down abit And supper cropping. Maybe im just over doing it abit 😂 at this stage I'm starting to think they can actually stretch abit more

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Weekly Update

What's growing on growmies!!

So! Ladies entering their week 3 of flower and Ive stopped f***ing with them for almost a week...😳😌 OK Maybe just a very minor leave defol here and there, but honestly it's mostly already dead leaves or leaves that look unhealthy 😐🤨 there was however a bigger issue at play...

THE Lights!!!

Yea the lights.... Well if you can recall earlier at the start of this grow diary I said I was going to test 2 lights right? OK, but I didn't say anything about not adding more power 😉

Ok so cool, "we bringing in reinforcements" I said to myself 🔥 🔫 🕺....

The problem is I didn't have any spare 😂 and you know what that means right 💵 😖

😠 Well there I was... looking through all the price lists..."not cool at all" ... I thought to myself. 🤔 "Do they get these lm301 chips off a rock, thats under the deepest cave some where on a desserted location with no means of getting through the dense jungle by plane" cause LEDS seemed over priced on the market! ofcause that was my own thought and so since its my head, I don't care what people think LED prices should be 😳🕺

So anyway going through these lists 😳 I came a cross a company (not to mention yet) that build custom made LEDS, I found this interesting and procced to find out more... Long story short... I decided to get a custom made LED

Introducing the Leon200 4 Short
Polish 20210503 122902686

It came equipped with powerful LM301Bs chips, Wifi Controller and Light Timer

In combination with the lights I already had running I think this would be enough power for this grow
Polish 20210503 122649918

OH Yea! I almost forgot the ladies are doing just fine on their week 3 of flower 🌸 🤗

Polish 20210503 122746421

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Weekly Update

What's growing on growmies!!

So! Ladies entering their week 3 of flower and Ive stopped f***ing with them for almost a week...😳😌 OK Maybe just a very minor leave defol here and there, but honestly it's mostly already dead leaves or leaves that look unhealthy 😐🤨 there was however a bigger issue at play...

THE Lights!!!

Yea the lights.... Well if you can recall earlier at the start of this grow diary I said I was going to test 2 lights right? OK, but I didn't say anything about not adding more power 😉

Ok so cool, "we bringing in reinforcements" I said to myself 🔥 🔫 🕺....

The problem is I didn't have any spare 😂 and you know what that means right 💵 😖

😠 Well there I was... looking through all the price lists..."not cool at all" ... I thought to myself. 🤔 "Do they get these lm301 chips off a rock, thats under the deepest cave some where on a desserted location with no means of getting through the dense jungle by plane" cause LEDS seemed over priced on the market! ofcause that was my own thought and so since its my head, I don't care what people think LED prices should be 😳🕺

So anyway going through these lists 😳 I came a cross a company (not to mention yet) that build custom made LEDS, I found this interesting and procced to find out more... Long story short... I decided to get a custom made LED

Introducing the Leon200 4 Short
View attachment 1120011

It came equipped with powerful LM301Bs chips, Wifi Controller and Light Timer

In combination with the lights I already had running I think this would be enough power for this grow
View attachment 1120009

OH Yea! I almost forgot the ladies are doing just fine on their week 3 of flower 🌸 🤗

View attachment 1120010
Is that a humidifier in your flower tent?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looks like a start of magnesium deficiency, when I see red petioles I sprinkle a handful of epsom salt on top of my coco b4 watering and repeat a few weeks later.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Is that a humidifier in your flower tent?
Yes sir, it's off tho, humidity at this time of the year for me is around 29-35%

Looks like a start of magnesium deficiency, when I see red petioles I sprinkle a handful of epsom salt on top of my coco b4 watering and repeat a few weeks later.
I think they more due to previous Burple LEDS but will give them some Cal mag soon. Believe it or not have not used any cal-mag in this coco run with minor to no issues. My understanding is that the ammendments in the coco provide enough cal - mag. Maybe magnesium could be a prmblem, we will see if it goes away, As opposed to when running coco with synthetics, Cal - mag is a must for me in all waterings, no question about it, it will ll take just a few days before deficiencies start to creep up

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Epsom salt contains sulphur along with magnesium and it has no calcium. Calcium and magnesium can cause lockout of each other in cal or mag sensitive plants. Plus the extra sulphur in epsom salt makes extra smelly flowers.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Epsom salt contains sulphur along with magnesium and it has no calcium. Calcium and magnesium can cause lockout of each other in cal or mag sensitive plants. Plus the extra sulphur in epsom salt makes extra smelly flowers.
Thanx will give it a go 👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom