Massage your babies. Fo' Realz!

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I started to do this as a joke, but AM reminded me that this is real.
When you massage the stems of the plant, you cause the vessels to swell and let more water and nutes get up into the plant.
Just don't start dressing it in barbie clothes....

Alipiama

Alipiama

I agree with you. I've done massages for tomato and sweet bell pepper sprouts. Personally, it seemed to me that after such sessions, the plant was much more vigorous in the beginning. I was touching and comparing the stems of those plants I did not massage with those I did this procedure. It doesn't require any special efforts; we aren't talking about erotic massage london. And about the barbie costumes, I agree with that too, do not go crazy. By the way, I haven't even tried it with cannabis. I don't know why the idea never even crossed my mind, I'll have to do an experiment

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I started to do this as a joke, but AM reminded me that this is real.
When you massage the stems of the plant, you cause the vessels to swell and let more water and nutes get up into the plant.
Just don't start dressing it in barbie clothes....
Kyle kushman has been doing it for a long time. Calls it kushman chiropractic, look it up sometime he knows his stuff.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I used to crack my meristems back in the day. Grab the stem with two hands and slowly twist it between 2 nodes until you hear/feel a slight crack or pop. It breaks the meristem and causes it to swell up super fat, making very sturdy branches.
Eventually became too laborious to bother.

Z

Zill

Dilblin,
Run away.

Mr. DirtBag describes how an injury may help develop a stronger stem after repairing itself. You other guys need to think about what you are doing and the source of the information.

Massaging a plant stem to somehow invigorate a transpiration stream or provide you with big vegetables or massive resin loaded buds is silly. Especially when one considers the anatomy of a hemp main stem. The fibers make the stem feel like steel. Tell me how effective your massaging is on a re-bar.

But it all comes down to do what you think makes sense.

Zill.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

The main stem is less like rebar and more like wire rope or human muscle fibers. Massaging may break only a few of these fibers, but as they repair may grow stronger.

My question is, what about all the undisturbed stems. You are making a wider local path for water, but won't the rest of the stem be pinch points?

In my experience it does produce stronger stems.

Z

Zill

Dear GG,

Like I said you need to do whatever allows for good night sleep.

Explain to me how a gentle massage can alter the lumen of a very hard cellulose based water conducing element that is connected to every all the other water conducting elements and all those tubes are glued in lignan matrix. Nope. Doesn't work like that. Phloem elements are alive, and it uses active transport to move around the photosynthates. Xylem transport elements are dead. It's a cellulose straw. They cannot repair themselves after a bruising massage session. I did a quick web search of stem massaging. You're on your own GG.

Zill.

Top Bottom