Master blend and calmag in RO water

• Thread starter Clearbluesky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Ok I put a R O system in and have read you need to buffer the RO water with calmag before adding nutrients. I was going to use master blend and was wondering if I could use the calcium nitrate in the RO water first then add Epsom salts for magnesium and then the base with out causing a lockout, or just use calmag to buffer the RO water and mix master blend 3 parts like normal. Base, Epsom salts,calcium nitrate.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Ok I put a R O system in and have read you need to buffer the RO water with calmag before adding nutrients. I was going to use master blend and was wondering if I could use the calcium nitrate in the RO water first then add Epsom salts for magnesium and then the base with out causing a lockout, or just use calmag to buffer the RO water and mix master blend 3 parts like normal. Base, Epsom salts,calcium nitrate.

Honestly if your using Masterblend, Cal Nitrate & Epsom there should be no need for calmag...I use Jacks so basically the same...I mix A & Epsom...dissolve fully, then add the cal nitrate...dissolve...then any bloom if needed...then any fulvc/micros...check ph & ec and go!

Get yourself a proper Masterblend feeding chart...

back when I used 1 part Megacrop I would need calmag so it was added first so it was fully dissolved before adding the nutrients so not to precip out.

Top Bottom