Master Nursery Gardener's Gold ?

• Thread starter Jellybean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jellybean

Stopped by a local nursery today, that has amazing plants, maples, stuff like that. went to their soil section, they ONLY carried fox farms and Mastery Nursery gardens gold. i bought 3 got 1 free, at $8.99 for 2 cu feet it shits on kellogs and miracle no price wise .

ingredients: fir bark, forest hummus, pear moss, perlite, compost chick manure, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, dolomite and oyster shell.

might be a little too hot, dude that works there recommends cutting it. but it looks to be a straight water only super soil mix. looks good, anyone use it before?

Master nursery gardeners gold

slausongardens

slausongardens

i use it, it is pretty hot but ive been using it when i make my super soils. it has good stuff in it but not enough, you would definitly have to amend it or use nutes.

but for the price you cant beat it, ive also used there bumper crop.. but actually ive been getting dr earth potting soil from my nursery and i like it better but that master nursery is good enough stuff, im pretty sure its almost the same as the gadner & bloom brand.

J

Jellybean

i use it, it is pretty hot but ive been using it when i make my super soils. it has good stuff in it but not enough, you would definitly have to amend it or use nutes.

but for the price you cant beat it, ive also used there bumper crop.. but actually ive been getting dr earth potting soil from my nursery and i like it better but that master nursery is good enough stuff, im pretty sure its almost the same as the gadner & bloom brand.

oh shit someone replied lol. glad you give it a pretty good rating cause i already went in and used it, i cut it with roots 707, african worm castings, glacial dust, oyster clay and azomite with a layer of clay balls on the bottom of a 32 gallon rubber maid, got two plants sitting in, im feeding twice a week, watering twice, and serving teas once, the plants are exploding! ive been eyeing the whole dr earths brand actually, just cant find it locally.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Sounds like you are on the right path, Jelly.

outwest

slausongardens

slausongardens

the bubbas slow cuz its a bubba, theyre notorious for slow vegging.. other plants will triple them in size, its frustrating haha.

but as long as you amend it with what youre using then any organice soil should work.. youre off to a good start and with what you said youre using, it should be a very easy grow of bomb buds.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
the bubbas slow cuz its a bubba, theyre notorious for slow vegging.. other plants will triple them in size, its frustrating haha.

but as long as you amend it with what youre using then any organice soil should work.. youre off to a good start and with what you said youre using, it should be a very easy grow of bomb buds.

I definitely found the Bubba to be a slow vegger at first, but when she took off, she really took off. Now that she is in flower she is not stretching nicely and one of the taller ladies in the room. I'd say almost 4' including a 12" tall pot. An incredible 1" stalk.

Below is a photo taken earlier today. Wonderful aroma. I'm very pleased so far.

outwest

BIGBUBBA sf

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Yeah that sounds like a well balanced base to me! I'm sure you'll have a great crop.

J

Jellybean

I definitely found the Bubba to be a slow vegger at first, but when she took off, she really took off. Now that she is in flower she is not stretching nicely and one of the taller ladies in the room. I'd say almost 4' including a 12" tall pot. An incredible 1" stalk.

Below is a photo taken earlier today. Wonderful aroma. I'm very pleased so far.

outwest

View attachment 218925

woah. my p98 stretched just a little but so far nothing like that. looking great though!

J

Jellybean

i let her veg from seed for 4 months lol. just thinking shes behind in flowering maybe cause shes from seed and the others are my clones. either way im not gonna be impatient, she smelled like cotton candy since her second set of leaves and now is taking on a deep coffee aroma along with the bubblegum smell, scrapped 4 sisters and a brother and kept her. haha. im thinking 70 days.

J

Jellybean

master nursery soil with amendments in veg plus non ph balanced tap water lol. water 3 times a week depending on heat. 4 cups per girl. if its hot i water 4 times a week. cant forget to mention i got a tablespoon of caps bennies in each pot. healthy as fock. love the organic style

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm right there with you, homie. I'm at full bloom now and the girls are drinking about a half gallon + per day. They are getting caps bennies either brewed or unbrewed with every feeding.

Looks fantastic.

outwest

J

Jellybean

I'm right there with you, homie. I'm at full bloom now and the girls are drinking about a half gallon + per day. They are getting caps bennies either brewed or unbrewed with every feeding.

Looks fantastic.

outwest

yup. my pop used to say its all 90% preparation an 10% work. hahaha

slausongardens

slausongardens

they look amazing.. i used that master nursery gardners gold for a while with good results and used to make my own soils with it.. after a while i got sick of all the bark in that soil and started using dr earth potting soil and making my own soil from scratch with peat moss, coco, ewc, pumice and amendments. but you will get good results with it regardless as you can tell from how awesome your plants look.

good job!

J

Jellybean

right on fellas. they look pretty good for 30 some days in.

skuzz 99 these two are half sisters. og kush, diesel, Chemdog D and some snow lotus. the usual fire. lol.
i was actually looking for the fruity smell of my diesel to come through. but its all lemon fuel skunk. that trait is too strong i guess.

sgardens, youre right the nursery garden soil runs a little heavy out the bag, lots of bark hahaha.... i did amend the shit out of it to lighten it up to get it nice and fluffy how i like. but if someone had the plug on good prices i would say go for it.

ill post some chop shots in a about a month. :)

Top Bottom