Masterblend issues

• Thread starter Bean_Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, but I've been reading a while. This is my first grow (medical state), and since I had such great luck with masterblend with veggies, I figured I'd try it for cannabis too. Anyway,

I'm in week 5 of flower, she is showing signs of K deficiency, and all bud growth seems to be at a standstill. I misread her, thinking she needed to be defoliated, and probably stressed her out even more. She has light stress too, light is turned down to about 40%. I tried supercropping to get her away from the light. Roots look good, maybe a little brown from GFF. She is lacking the vigor she had before. Strain is purple maroc, growing indoors with dwc, adequate ventilation, and a QB led light 3500k

How are masterblend users mixing for flower? I'm looking for an idiot proof, KISS method for my first grow. I'm kind of freaking out. Using 75% mb mix, 75% Epsom, and 50% calnit. Today, I changed the res again to a full strength batch, with 75% calnit. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, but I've been reading a while. This is my first grow (medical state), and since I had such great luck with masterblend with veggies, I figured I'd try it for cannabis too. Anyway,

I'm in week 5 of flower, she is showing signs of K deficiency, and all bud growth seems to be at a standstill. I misread her, thinking she needed to be defoliated, and probably stressed her out even more. She has light stress too, light is turned down to about 40%. I tried supercropping to get her away from the light. Roots look good, maybe a little brown from GFF. She is lacking the vigor she had before. Strain is purple maroc, growing indoors with dwc, adequate ventilation, and a QB led light 3500k

How are masterblend users mixing for flower? I'm looking for an idiot proof, KISS method for my first grow. I'm kind of freaking out. Using 75% mb mix, 75% Epsom, and 50% calnit. Today, I changed the res again to a full strength batch, with 75% calnit. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
I've been mixing masterblend exactly as directed for years, whatever the problem is it's not likely from the masterblend

I recommend you follow the manufacturer's recommended mixing instructions from Veg straight through Bloom

This is a debatable point but in my opinion it's a myth that flowering plants need higher PK

Edit: a little late now but in general if someone is on there first grow maybe don't try to do every technique they've seen on some YouTube video

Lets see if we can find mr. Plumber, aside from his somewhat irrational hatred of soil he's a master at Master Blend! @PlumberSoCal2

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

I've been mixing masterblend exactly as directed for years, whatever the problem is it's not from the masterblend

I recommend you follow the manufacturer's recommended mixing instructions from Veg straight through Bloom

This is a debatable point but in my opinion it's a myth that flowering plants need higher PK
That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Adding a buncha calcium? Or have high calcium source water? Have some pics?

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Adding a buncha calcium? Or have high calcium source water? Have some pics?
I tried adding honey, I think the calcium in it is screwing it up. I read honey was supposed to help roots, flowers, and minerals. (Please don't flame me haha) Shoulda kept it more simple. I was using half tap water also, which is around 400 ppm. The last batch I did today was full RO

IMG 20200617 105054380
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I tried adding honey, I think the calcium in it is screwing it up. I read honey was supposed to help roots, flowers, and minerals. (Please don't flame me haha) Shoulda kept it more simple. I was using half tap water also, which is around 400 ppm. The last batch I did today was full RO
Yup that's a K deficiency alright. High calcium or phosphorus can affect K uptake.

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Yup that's a K deficiency alright. High calcium or phosphorus can affect K uptake.
Thank you! I'm going to try straight masterblend and hope for the best. I think the honey could be adding too much P maybe? Appreciate the help everyone

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

a little late now but in general if someone is on there first grow maybe don't try to do every technique they've seen on some YouTube video

Lets see if we can find mr. Plumber, aside from his somewhat irrational hatred of soil he's a master at Master Blend! @PlumberSoCal2
Agreed, the light burn was making me panic. The plant got taller than I thought it would. The tent is too crowded to do any low stress training too. Many beginner mistakes

I'm open to any pointers!
Not sure never used honey
I'm going to stay away from it until I can get through a full grow haha

rmb0513

rmb0513

Ive used MB through a few grows with out any issues
I do use ro water if im short i get it at walmart for .37 a gallon
I double the amount of calmag as ro has basically nothing in it
I make up 3 gt mason jars with nutes
60g cal 60 g MB 30g epsom salt
i use 1 cup of each in 3 gallons of water with out any issues
anything i can add to sweeten up the bud or increase yield?

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Ive used MB through a few grows with out any issues
I do use ro water if im short i get it at walmart for .37 a gallon
I double the amount of calmag as ro has basically nothing in it
I make up 3 gt mason jars with nutes
60g cal 60 g MB 30g epsom salt
i use 1 cup of each in 3 gallons of water with out any issues
anything i can add to sweeten up the bud or increase yield?
Thanks!

Top Bottom