Matanuska Tundra Seedlings .Help and advice needed!

• Thread starter Alex Wayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alex Wayne

Hello all,
I recently purchased 5 matanuska tundra seeds which i have germinated in paper towel then transplanted into pre-soaked small rockwool cubes.
Well Its been 5 days since they have sprouted and this morning during my daily-check I realized 2 of the seedlings have whitening/withering leaf tips ,one of which that almost looks majorly drooped and crusted.
On the other hand .other three seems to be doing fine and they look really healthy.What could be the problem? Bad pheno.Heat Stress,Ph Fluctuations,Nute burn,(I have only used 1/20 strenght or so for once on all of them for boost,realy unlikely itd be nute burn.others arent affected.) ,over watering?????
I have done a few succesful grows in the past but never ran into such a problem at such an early stage.
Quick information on the setup and main condition:
------------------------------------------
They have been put under 250 watt Cfl Envirogrow at 10 inches(I couldnt get it any lower as the heat rises up drastically.I think it's the bulb giving to much heat,regardless of the decent 345 cm 3 fan venting my 3x3 grow tent.
Water; Tap water ph'd at 5.5and left overnight before use
Daytime Temp /Humidity Below the Light at plant level: 78-80 degrees 50 RH
Daytime Temp /Humidity in the tent: 74-75 55 RH
Nighttime Temp /Humidity(Same everywhere) : 68-70 65 RH
(Using a humidifier to maintain optimals)
Nutes only used once at 1/20 strength.the solution was uber weak (with Hesi Supervit,Root Complex and Power Zyme).
Rockwool cubes were pre soaked in ph'd water for 24 hours.
Watering:I sprayed the bottom and the side of the cubes every other day when they first sprouted,everyday thereafter.I know the rockwool should be watered every 2-3 days but for some weird reason they all lost too much water every day,talking about 50-60% .They were never damp and were almost fully dry before watering.
Sick Plant No 1 seems to be doing way worse than No.2 But overall they are suffering the same problem at different severity
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Anyhow Here are some pics to clarify:

[external links removed]

Top Bottom