Matt: New member: Needing a certain co2 concentration, but dont know what size tank to use at what psi.

• Thread starter Msnyde01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Msnyde01

How long will a 20lb co2 tank last if left on continuously releasing (daily) 30,000-50,000ppm of co2. Knowing this will help determine my tank size. What psi should I set a regulator at for this type of release?

Chem77

Chem77

2-3 weeks. I have a co2 burner and a 20 lb propane tank lasts me around 3 weeks. For safety reasons a co2 controller is a must and will be the most efficient.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

How long will a 20lb co2 tank last if left on continuously releasing (daily) 30,000-50,000ppm of co2. Knowing this will help determine my tank size. What psi should I set a regulator at for this type of release?
You are mixing your units here, this question as posed cannot be answered.

If you leave the tank on constantly, the PPM will depend on the size of the room.

If you leave a 20# tank open continuously, I would doubt you could make it thru a single day. Probably just a couple hours.

If you have a controller, and are trying to hit the 40,000PPM range, you are no longer full open as the regulator will open and close. In order to calculate what it will take to maintain 40K PPM you would need to know the space, amount of leaks (there will HAVE to be leaks because you cannot pressurize a room forever) and the usage rate of whatever is in the room.]

Now the real question is why in the world would you need 40K PPM, and do you understand the SIGNIFICANT health risks to running like that? Please say yes.

40K PPM is 2 orders of magnitude higher than atmospheric. I can't think of a single application for that.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yeah, 2000PPM if you are 100% dialed in with lighting and other grow factors to make proper use of it, and then only in flower.

For most growers I would recommend 800PPM Veg, 1200-1500 Flower.

I have to assume Matt is not growing cannabis and needs this for another purpose?

Last edited:
simonkay

simonkay

Yeah, 2000PPM if you are 100% dialed in with lighting and other grow factors to make proper use of it, and then only in flower.

For most growers I would recommend 800PPM Veg, 1200-1500 Flower.

I have to assume Matt is not growing cannabis and needs this for another purpose?
Hi Moe appreciate the advice, i saved the manatee co2 regulator you recommend on another post. Is there a post about the basics of setting up co2 tanks or can I pick your brains & ask apart from the co2 tank, regulator and a co2 monitor is there anything else i need or should be wary of when installing.
Tia 🙏✌️

Top Bottom