max safe daily hydrogen peroxide

• Thread starter synergynow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
synergynow

synergynow

could someone please tell me the max h20 dose before it starts hurting plants I was following a guide that I found online saying 3ml of 3% per liter then half that every day after but water still has some algae how high can I go thanx a lot for any info

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I've used sprays of up to 3% at half strength (1.5%) without any issues, but I might guess it's strain dependent to some degree.

karolanne

karolanne

could someone please tell me the max h20 dose before it starts hurting plants I was following a guide that I found online saying 3ml of 3% per liter then half that every day after but water still has some algae how high can I go thanx a lot for any info
Me learning. What is it for?

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

I add 4ml per gallon to my reservoir of 3% every 2-3 days and have no ill effects. I have sometimes given a stronger dose with some food grade 12% with no problem. H2O2 will dissipate from the water in something like 24 hours l. Hope this helps mate!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You should empty the rez and clean it very good with a mild bleach solution. Then you can use 5ml 3% h202 as a preventative in the rez every 2-4 days. Also, how often are you changing the rez? And is it covered from light? All that will help prevent algae growth.

You can use a wide range of H202 strength, but the peroxide by itself is not the only factor when preventing algae growth. Changing it weekly and covering it from light will help.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
As @LexLuthor said, your biggest concern for dealing with algae is light elimination. Especially if you're using rockwool blocks, covering the tops from light exposure will have significantly higher benefits than any additives as algae requires light to grow.

I use 3ml/gallon of 29% food grade h2o2 in my res. Apply every three days. I also use hygrozyme in conjunction with h2o2. Be cautious of using 3% h2o2 bought at a pharmacy or grocery store as it is stabilized h2o2, and while it will work in a pinch, it has additional chemicals in it that might have negative interactions with other molecules in your nutrient solution. Best to use food grade h2o2 since it's not stabilized. Just be careful with the stuff. Wear eye protections and chemical-resistant gloves as it is a pretty aggressive oxidizer.

quirk

quirk

Rule of thumb using 3% - Green Algae 15 ml/5gal
Blue Green Algae 5ml/5gal

Top Bottom