May be a reason my plants arent blooming properly

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Was checking my setup today just to make sure all is well but it wasnt,

Been having issues with buds fattening and generally following through from planting to harvesting,

Have been on full spectrum, switched to bloom and no red leds are showing, there is about 10 leds dimly lit and all flickering,

Im at a bit if a loss, supplier hasnt come back to me, are my plants going to be ok for a few days until I can afford a new one or the supplier agrees to either fix or replace (which I cant imagine them doing),

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was checking my setup today just to make sure all is well but it wasnt,

Been having issues with buds fattening and generally following through from planting to harvesting,

Have been on full spectrum, switched to bloom and no red leds are showing, there is about 10 leds dimly lit and all flickering,

Im at a bit if a loss, supplier hasnt come back to me, are my plants going to be ok for a few days until I can afford a new one or the supplier agrees to either fix or replace (which I cant imagine them doing),
Not much choice at this point but shouldn't be an issue for a short period.

Just gonna point out this is a large reason certain LEDs are recommended. You get what you pay for and customer support is included in that. I'm not ragging on ya just pointing it out for other that may be in the market.

Hope it works out for you.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Not much choice at this point but shouldn't be an issue for a short period.

Just gonna point out this is a large reason certain LEDs are recommended. You get what you pay for and customer support is included in that. I'm not ragging on ya just pointing it out for other that may be in the market.

Hope it works out for you.
No I agree, you get what you pay for, Ive read their customers servives are great but each case is individual and they'll probably be in a bad mood today and tell me to sod off🙄

mancorn

mancorn

Did you unplug your lights? I've had an LED that did the same thing, with some of the LEDs flickering. Turning them on and off did nothing, but completely disconnecting power got them to reset.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did you unplug your lights? I've had an LED that did the same thing, with some of the LEDs flickering. Turning them on and off did nothing, but completely disconnecting power got them to reset.
Yup that would indicate a driver issue but I have seen this before also

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Yeah i tried turning them off and giving it a while, switch on "Grow" and its lit, switch to bloom and virtualy nothing,

Ive added a couple of pics when I switch to bloom, it doesnt show it in the pictures but if flickers and goes even dimmer

20190626 164329
20190626 164325
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Im not sure what yourself or anyone thinks, while I have an issue with my bloom setting, so generaly the Full Spectrum wont have Reds, until I can afford another LED unit would adding a Red Spectrum bulb (like this one)

Would that temporarily work?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im not sure what yourself or anyone thinks, while I have an issue with my bloom setting, so generaly the Full Spectrum wont have Reds, until I can afford another LED unit would adding a Red Spectrum bulb (like this one)

Would that temporarily work?
It's only actually 20watts. The spectrum is far less crucial than the amount of light. I'm not sure how many plants you are trying to cover or the setup you are using but if you can swing it I would look at local websites selling used stuff like kijiji. Pick up a cheap used HID that you can verify its working. Here I can grab em for less than $100 and will far surpass any quick fix and likely even your led in new condition.

I'm a huge fan of LED but I really feel unless you are gonna spend the money to get a good one HID lighting is the way to go if you can deal with the heat and efficiency loss

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

It's only actually 20watts. The spectrum is far less crucial than the amount of light. I'm not sure how many plants you are trying to cover or the setup you are using but if you can swing it I would look at local websites selling used stuff like kijiji. Pick up a cheap used HID that you can verify its working. Here I can grab em for less than $100 and will far surpass any quick fix and likely even your led in new condition.

I'm a huge fan of LED but I really feel unless you are gonna spend the money to get a good one HID lighting is the way to go if you can deal with the heat and efficiency loss
Im only growing 4 Autos BUT 3 of them are well into flower but there.no density to the buds yet and my other auto has gone mad, just over 3 1/2 foot tall and still growing

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would try to find a cheap used HID to get ya by for now until you can afford otherwise

mancorn

mancorn

Yeah i tried turning them off and giving it a while, switch on "Grow" and its lit, switch to bloom and virtualy nothing,

Ive added a couple of pics when I switch to bloom, it doesnt show it in the pictures but if flickers and goes even dimmer
Just to be 100% clear you're actually unplugging the light from the power source, not just turning off the light? Also try switching to bloom, then disconnect the power source completely, then reconnect power. Does in stay in the bloom cycle or switch back to veg (and you have to switch back to bloom)?

Last edited:
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Just to be 100% clear you're actually unplugging the light from the power source, not just turning off the light? Also try switching to bloom, then disconnect the power source completely, then reconnect power. Does in stay in the bloom cycle or switch back to veg (and you have to switch back to bloom)?
Yes I tried much like it was a Computer, switch on and off, unplugged, waited 10 secs and plugged back in,

I have to manually switch from Bloom to Grow and both together for Full Spectrum,

Latest posts

Top Bottom