Maybe an odd question or one asked before

• Thread starter Badchoice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badchoice

Badchoice

In my DWC setup I have a drain spout, so with this I take a 100ml test vile fill it twice dump back in and On the third fill I use that for testing PH EC and PPM, now when I open the lid and test from the top of the res I get different PH PPM and EC not big differences maybe a .1 or .2 on PH maybe 100 or so on PPM. So I’m curious which would be the better point to test for better precision?

Badchoice

Badchoice

Hmmm sounds like mixing should not be an issue so maybe take a few more tubes before testing
Aight sounds good, I was just following the steps we use at work for testing chemicals, rinse vile twice with solution than test.

Badchoice

Badchoice

@Aqua Man alright so how about this not really sure if it would do anything but for tap water if I got spare bucket and air pump to put air through for a few days before using it for nute mix, will that help dissolve some of the PPM content like chlormine and stuff

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man alright so how about this not really sure if it would do anything but for tap water if I got spare bucket and air pump to put air through for a few days before using it for nute mix, will that help dissolve some of the PPM content like chlormine and stuff
Probably not.. most water supplies use chloramine and the ppm won't drop... chlorine/chloramine has a max in tap water of 4 ppm and usually only around 1ppm. Chloramine cannot be aerated out you need to use ascorbic acid or something to break the bond with the ammonia and chlorine. Then it can be aerated out. If your water supply using chlorine only then yes you can aerate it out

Badchoice

Badchoice

Well it’s town tap coming 115ppm so their might be some chlorine

Top Bottom