Mayday, mayday, SOS. Rapid onset leaf tip/edge burn and bleaching

• Thread starter Growku
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growku

Growku

Hey all, I've got some new problems that I don't know how to solve.

To set the scene, I have 2 Photo Indicas in 10 gals (Late VEG), an Indica auto in a 7 gal (mid flower), and a young Photo Indica in a 1 gal (early VEG), all homemade super soil. I had ultra high runoff ppm (2500) and 8.0+ pH when I started doing some problem solving. Everything was showing Nitrogen deficiency, so I figured Nutrient and pH lockout.

I did about a hundred gallons of flushing with 5.5 RO water, and brought all ppms down to about 700. pH was still over 8. I didn't feed the soil for a week and did a light foliar spray every other day. Still deficient. The VEG plants got some kelp, Fulvic/humic, and a smidge of urea, like a dozen little beads of it in a half gallon of RO water. The Flowering plant got a light hit of Bloom Fuel with some kelp since it's still Nitrogen deficient. No change in two feedings, still getting yellowing lower foliage in all. (Pics were shortly after pruning the super yellowed leaves)
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 3
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 2

Then I decided to split a gallon of moderate strength mixed pH-down between the 4 plants, then follow it with some Recharge microbes. I did the same foliar sprays, except this time I had like a cup left over of the bloom foliar and divvied it up between the VEG plants since they looked like they were missing more than just Nitrogen and I though a touch up of PK couldn't hurt.

About 24-36 hours later, I noticed some very apparent burn in all the VEG plants' leaf tips as well as the leaf edges. The early VEG which was the most Nitrogen deficient not only had the burn, but what looks like bleaching on the leaves. Autoflower was same state as the beginning, just Nitrogen deficient, no burn or bleaching.
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 5
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 6
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 7
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 8
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 9
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 10
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 11
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 12
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 13
Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 14

All I've been doing for the last 3 days is watering with RO water when they need it. The problem seems to be slowly getting worse, especially after I did some light pruning on some massive fan leaves.

I don't know what is wrong or what I'm supposed to do. Its like the top halves of the plants have Nitrogen toxicity, but the lower halves still are deficient and slowly yellowing. The pH is still between 7.5 and 8.0, but I don't want to try and lower it again because I'm concerned that the pH down may have burned the roots or something even with just a quart per plant since the ph of the mix was 4 or lower (ppm was like 200 so not alot of buffering capacity) Yet the autoflower didn't have the same reaction, it stayed the same.

I also don't know if the ultra light urea plus the microbes surging and breaking down all my organics in the super soil just sent a massive wave of nutes into the plant frying everything along the way.

Any advice? All I could find online was a Potassium deficiency for the leaf bleaching, but given the rapid onset burn (or what looks like burn) I'm hesitant to add more nutes. Root rot also came up, but I have clear windows on my fabric pots and the roots look fine. Did I fry them with the pH down maybe? Do I add nutes or try to flush nutes? Do I prune anything? I'm kinda stuck.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

-Growku and his first grow

Mayday mayday sos rapid onset leaf tipedge burn and bleaching 4
Top Bottom