MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My blood sugar goes up to between 126 and 154 in the day time after meals and is between 106 and 109 in the morning. Where I know this is an improvement I don`t understand well enough to know the overall picture of where I`m at or what my target should be. I generally feel better and have more energy. I`m eating 50% veggies and the remainer is split between lean meat, eggs, Dairy, and whole grain bread ,pasta, or brown rice. Very little oils and thoughts are olive ,peanut, hemp, or Canola oils. Still losing weight although I don`t think it`s as fast as it was and doesn`t seem to include muscle mass now. I`ve added supplements: Magnesium 250 , Chromium Picolinate 500 mcg., D3 400IU, Grape seed extract 95% Polyphenols 100 mg., and Biotin 1000mcg. and trying to get 5 cups of green tea down a day. seems to help some. What and when I eat makes the biggest difference in my blood sugar. Three smaller meals instead of three per day does help as does consuming cannibis three or more times a day.

Looks like I`ll be spending Easter with my Kids and my Grandkids . I hope to meet my daughter`s boyfriend. I`m beginning to think he is a mirage. I never seem to run into him. Hope it warms up a little more. Nights and mornings are still very cool. Not to bad in the afternoon but could be warmer.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam it ,it`s turned cold today and looks like rain, maybe snow again. And it looks like an other storm coming in after this one. My bones hurt and after getting up early to go to the kids for Easter I found the heater in the Blazer still doesn`t work! When I set it to heat the AC comes on. I got my Doctor`s appointment tomorrow and didn`t get my fasting blood test done yet but still going to keep the appointment because I need my medication refilled. I`ll stop by the house in the valley and check on the seeds I have soaking.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh I sure hope it gets better than this. I`ll have a hell of a time getting my next grow in and done if it doesn`t. I`m kind of stuck between saving for a newer RV or trying to work out some kind of deal on a smaller property lower in the foot hills that has better access, a well and septic. I really don`t want to be on this ridge next Winter. I could make a bunch of cash on clearing my 10 acres of both soft and hard wood and end up with the road done and a pad. Then I could sell it to get set up better in the foot hills and be much better off. If I worked it right I could move down after this grow and the next grow could be for seeds. It would also be easier to set up for running clones. Seems to be a large demand for clones of good quality and genetics. Hell that`s what I want to be doing in a few years because I`m getting to old to be doing larger bud grows anyway. Can`t do it without capital though and everyone I`ve checked out that wants to put up the cash is ether not trustable or wants to run everything. I`m done with partnerships, never works out. Well except maybe with my son. But he`s more broke than I am.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Going to town today and stopping by to check on the sprouts, set up heat mats and t-5 lights. If any are showing tails I`ll plant them in peat cups on the mats and set up the timer for the lights. I`ll be picking up my meds as they will be ready , taking a long hot shower and working on catching up on `Son`s of Anarchy`. I`m almost to season 6. Last time down about 30% of the seeds were showing tails.

Storm coming and looks like I`ll be on the edge of the snow line on this one. It`s colder today and if the storm hits it could bring hail and maybe snow. I`m looking forward to the storms turning tropical or just stopping altogether !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Cold and some rain. No snow or hail. Still cloudy and more storm to go. I`m really wanting the weather to start getting better so I can get rolling. Got a bunch of sprouts done at the house in the valley. Hope they do well . Added some of Mota`s Toxic Lemon .

Still looking for a nicer 4 season RV . Not sure if I want a bumper pull or 5th wheel but it needs to be 1/2 ton movable. Would love to find one on trade for 215. I`ll need ether a tow set up or 5th wheel set up put in the truck also as it isn`t set up . Wonder if the class 3 hitch on the 85 Chevy would fit on the 87 Chevy? I`m not liking the idea of mounting rails in the bed when I use the truck to haul soil in it ! Also think it might be bad on the poly water tank. I`ve never pulled a 5th wheel so not sure if it is any easier than a trailer. Had a hard time getting the 26 ft. trailer up the hill because of the weight. The 87 is a 3/4 ton and also has a 350 eng. but it has fuel injection that gives it a little more power so that should help. Thinking a 28 ft. RV would be about the max I could tow. I should also get a tranny cooler and trailer brake system put in it. The 8 foot bed holds about 1 1/2 yards of soil when even to the top of the bed. and it is easy to load with a loader. If I was flush with cash I`d consider making it into a dump bed.

urbanfog

urbanfog

been shopping the last few days on a sub 30 footer :) Man so many options!

Good luck buddy, hope the health is getting better

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s still colder than Hell up here today! I am doing some house keeping chores the next few days and trying to stay warm. I`m also still working on trimming from the last season`s harvest. It`s a very slow job with my numb hands. I`ll have to make a run down to the valley soon for that missed fasting blood test soon and take a look at how my son is doing with the seedlings for the next grow. Not much else to report. Same old ,same old. Still looking into getting a new RV as this one won`t work out if I have to spend the next Winter up here. I could fix it up but there`s so many things that need fixed ,it`s better to get a newer one that`s better insulated for the cold and in better shape to start out with. I hate to be spending the money on anything but my property or the next grow though.

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
You have to keep yourself healthy and happy to grow healthy happy plants and it sounds like you could really use a few upgrades on your housing. Your energy is positive, and that is a great asset. Dont go crazy but get yourself comfy it will be worth it. Just my humble opinion, much respect, Digdug!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like the state is trying again to pass laws to control aspects of MMJ again. They are trying to close the grey areas in the law. The vote of the people over-ride the laws they write so not that worried. The idea of state oversight is out there ,hope it doesn`t go in that direction. It`s hard to earn more freedom than one has but at the same time once the cat`s out of the bag.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Today was trying. I went to town and did some shopping for supplies. I also stopped by the house in the valley and checked on the sprouting seeds and planted sprouts. Two planted sprouts came up so far and a few more seeds popped. I also brought a few Bubba kush that I had started. I`m behind and seems the seeds are slow at starting. If I get a low amount of successful seedlings I`ll have to use them for moms and clone them ,that will set me back even farther but would also insure all females. I would be able to run extra clones to sale then,however I had planned on making a few moms and cloning outdoors up on the hill anyway. Now I`m considering keeping a few healthy males to make fresh seed again as well. I don`t much care how it all works out as long as it does. I need all the funds I can get as grease for progress on my farm land and eventually my seed business. I don`t have forever and my continued poor health reminds me everyday. It`s only going to get harder.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
An other day over and deeper in debit to the Work Lords of imagin nation. Some people put no stock in down time but it takes time to develop the art of none thought . If you can clear your mind of clutter , you begin to think sharper. And nothing constructive happens without an idea first. With some people you can hear the gears going in the planning stages of a project. You see it in your head, then you do it with your hands. I spent the first half of the day feeling a little sick and the last 7 hours was spent trimming and contemplating.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
1456606 691356757587866 5022749863290582563 n

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Actually Japan makes better cars than when they first broke into the American market. Still like American made better however. Yep nice car but not an RV tow rig for sure! LOL!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I`m done with partnerships, never works out. Well except maybe with my son. But he`s more broke than I am.

Fuck a partner. I ran out of holes a long time ago. And word has a way of getting around when you use the same means of interrogation as the government. The only person that I have come to fully trust, in regards to cannabis, is a 70 year old. And we never mess with monetary anyway. That changes things a bit. Sorry to hear of your troubles @markscastle. I hope everything starts to look up for you. Good luck to you this season. Tain't nuthin like outdo' under the Sun, basking in all of it's glory. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I did last years grow mostly by my self. I had my son help with some of the soil work and helping off and on with the aboveground frames and watering. Me and my son put up the hoops and me and my son and my son in law put up the plastic. Sometimes you need more that two hands. But my son was in it for a %.

Next season I`m not sure about because of my health. Thinking I`ll need more of a hand and may tame down the size of the grow. My son will be coming up soon to help me remove what`s left of the hoops and get the soil ready for planting. I`m planning on re- building the hoops and reinforcing them. I`ll put up some better plastic this year and put frames up for end caps in Fall. I`ll need vents then and fans inside. I`m still thinking of doing a screen of green inside them. Next Fall the tunnels will be fit to stay up year round. At that point I may add co2, heaters and lights and run a winter crop. Thinking some winter veggies ,poppies and maybe one tunnel of Bubba or something.

Even if my plans for the property work out I`ll only have it surveyed ,the road into a pad and a pile of logging scraps to burn off sitting on the pad. I won`t be able to move down with an RV yet. I`ll also have to decide if I want to buy a smaller property nearer the valley and sell this place or move onto the pad and stay where it snows in Winter. I may split the property up into two 5 acres pieces with separate pads. That way I could use one and rent one out ,or rent both or sell both and move. Got to keep the options open. I see land near by listed for more and more all the time. I could make a good living by buying land and developing it for growers while doing a grow or two myself and then selling at a profit or I could also see myself buying properties and developing them just as seasonal rentals for 215 growers. I always played with Tonka toys when I was a young lad anyway, why stop planning now?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not a toyota fan ?

good to hear you got a heat mat and t5 for your seeds .

I wouldn`t have needed the heat mat and t-5 lights if the weather was like last year at Springtime. This year it just starts to warm up and turns nasty again and again! I got started earlier this year but it didn`t help , now I`m starting over and running a little late again. I should be able to pull off a good grow anyway. This is why I keep saying after 53 years of growing I still am a learner ! You can never be prepared enough for what Mother nature will do in any given year !

Top Bottom